• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with sticking things out in order to give a better informed opinion but it always seems like it's less the criticism that creates the negativity than the damage control surrounding criticism. Still laughing about one dude last year saying maybe slower anime wasn't for me.

Of course we are going to stick and see the side of the argumentation we were on more, but I can tell you, that people who were shitting on the show were going hard at it. While I don't remember how I reacted that much, of course strong negativity will invite strong *defence forces*. That's just how it is. One leads to the other. And both sides were taking things personal. So yea.

I also remember being called blind because I said I was liking the look of the anime. Really both side were as guilty.

But really this is not happening now so far and I don't want to start something that might lead to it.
------------------------------------
Oh man top comment!

Here have an MHA GIF that represents me when I watch MHA.
ac253b517447e662ac1959140df4e4a8.gif

AND a pic of an awesome looking Deku(BONES DID GOOD)
8d6651695e464cc084d365c28e7c0500.jpg

Jarmel

Banned
Seems to be on par with average anime writing, too?

Can't judge it really but when I saw the Giantbomb quicklook and it showed the MC getting in trouble because...
he saved a woman from being raped
and then everyone treated him like garbage for it... . Top tier stuff.
cm-vi3.gif

Yea the writing is actually really good. It seems you didn't pick up on the theme they were going for.

zulux21

Of course we are going to stick and see the side of the argumentation we were more, but I can tell you, that people who were shitting on the show were going hard at it. While I don't remember how I reacted that much, of course strong negativity will invite strong *defence forces*. That's just how it is. One leads to the other. And both sides were taking things personal. So yea.

But really this is not happening now so far and I don't want to start something that might lead to it.
------------------------------------
Oh man top comment!

Here have an MHA GIF that represents me when I watch MHA.
ac253b517447e662ac1959140df4e4a8.gif

to be fair people often get unreasonable expectations with adaptions as well.
people were talking about it adapting 3 arcs in the series which was crazy. I know I stressed 48-50 chapters max would be adapted, though if they just want to do two arcs that is what 38 chapters so about 1.5 chapters of manga per episode?

soma was an odd case but I think that might have been because the second anime series was greenlit and sadly the first one didn't sell great, so they wanted to finish off the first major arc before perhaps leaving it to not be adapted anymore.

MHA on the other hand sold well and continues to sell well so a more traditional slower shonen adaption was to be expected. just won't go into filler because of 25 eps a year instead of 50 like naruto.

I mean it's not impossible it could still speed up, but I think we know where the MHA series is gonna end this anime run at now, and it should still be a solid season even at this pace :p

Dropped MHA as soon as I got introduced to the entirety of what I felt was a mediocre cast. Shounen's are made from their characters and protagonists and MHA had one of the worst leads I've seen in the genre.

Is there specific word for these action lines used at the end of ep1 mha s2 Horikoshi uses them alot in the manga too and i love it.
If theres any1 who would know theyd be in animegaf

Dropped MHA as soon as I got introduced to the entirety of what I felt was a mediocre cast. Shounen's are made from their characters and protagonists and MHA had one of the worst leads I've seen in the genre.

Bad taste delete

My Hero Academia S2 1

Yeah like 5-6 minutes of flashbacks in the beginning....

but I assume 13.5 was recap (I'll watch this later) and this was meant to ease people into the second season without having seen the first show.. Backgrounds are still sad but feels like the character art and animation was markedly improved especially compared to the flashbacks to the first season. Show felt a lot better after the eyecatch so here's hoping.

My Hero Academia S2 1

Good god, I thought we got a recap episode to get things started faster, but between the flashbacks juggling and the first 5 minutes retelling the setting and what happened on the last episode, this was really an awful way to start the second season.

Anyway, if someone liked the first season, they will likely like this one too, perhaps even more. It's more or less the same show, for better or worse. The animation seemed toned up and the characters more vibrant, but I think I'll have to see more of this to be sure.

Oh, and they basically adapted 1.5 chapter. There's no way they'll reach that arc. Seems like more than half of the season will be the Sports Festival, haha...

Yuck. I guess this is what the director and writer like, but man.

zulux21

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion even if it is obviously wrong :p

deku does start off a tad annoying, but he quickly grows out of it into a nice well rounded shonen lead.

and with that I run off to work lol.

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion even if it is obviously wrong :p

deku does start off a tad annoying, but he quickly grows out of it into a nice well rounded shonen lead.

and with that I run off to work lol.

The kid is a lame pushover with a basic goal and personality thats as interesting as a drying paint. Yo even Ichigo was better.

convo

My Hero Academia 14

Dissing the Olympics so close to the actual Olympics in Japan, did someone miss that?
Big parts were like the recap for people who didn't want to watch the recap episode.
The interactions between the students were great though as they should continue to be. Two cours makes me very excited especially for the second OP.

Sölf

I shouldn't have posted that gif, now I am back to listening to the whole album again.

DMC is also one of the better live action adaptions. The movie is hilarious. <3

Beyblade #50 New and Cyber-Improved…
C8VFFC4XgAEPu4L.jpg:small

I love the new Kai, hes pretty cool, much more than he was a few episodes ago.

I dont know how Tyson can beat Cyber Tala, please get a new powerup Dragoon.

Boy watching anime with a crowd can be pretty obnoxious. Just saw AoT S2 E1 at anime Boston and people were cheering at near everything. I feel so out of touch with younger fans lol

Edit: meant season 2 oops

Boy watching anime with a crowd can be pretty obnoxious. Just saw AoT S1 E1 at anime Boston and people were cheering at near everything. I feel so out of touch with younger fans lol

I suspect everyone who goes to that con has watched it before, so the only appeal left is to watch it with a full crowd, with everyone cheering and laughing. As it happened.

That new MHA opening doesn't exactly hype the viewer up.

I guess it kinda suits the upcoming material, but I'm not feeling it.

Puruzi

Banned
That new MHA opening doesn't exactly hype the viewer up.

I guess it kinda suits the upcoming material, but I'm not feeling it.
If it suited the upcoming material it would be pretty damn hype. Two of the best fights in the series are in this arc.

The opening was far too slow until like the last 15 seconds, liked the song though.

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly call that a normal viewing experience. I remember doing that years ago with some...movie that I watched at a con. I think it was an older revenge movie that finally got subbed so people watched it to see some woman cut a swath through all these piece of shit and everyone rightly cheered when some asshole died.

Final Fantasy XV

I feel like there's a second, much more interesting game being played alongside my game by someone else where all the interesting or impactful events happen in their game and then in mine I fish for about 2 hours.

You didn't get to the part in the manga where it goes all One Million Years B.C. on us? Missing out homie. Cavewomen in fur bikinis everywhere.

Spiritpact Episode 10 – Never Let Go, Never... (end)
C8VYxplXkAAHJ29.jpg:small
C8VYxpiXcAAJerU.jpg:small

Three weeks late on finishing this but it was great. Probably best of the chinese manga adaptations thus far. Rather than doing like doing like Bloodivores and leaving things even more open at ep 10 this focused on closing out the story in a very satisfying way. Kind of wish I could read the source just to see if their relationship gets closer, and if Tanmoku really shares his past.

Beautiful anime.

Moaradin

I mean, it's only the first episode. I can understand the recaps and slower pacing to set up the tournament. If it's only adapting 1 chapter an episode like 3 episodes in, then I'll start worrying.

I did not know 5 minutes of recap in a first episode of a new season was all it took to dash the hopes of some. You guys are so pessimistic.

DNAbro

MHA S2 Episode 1

Yeah it was kind of a dull episode to start out with. Recaps were unneeded and it should have moved a bit faster. At least I know it will be good cause it's seems like it should cover my 2 favorite arcs.

Huh, just learned Takuma Ebisu is action animation director for AOT season 2.

He did some really great work on the second season of Seraph, so that's cool.

Qurupeke

Attack on Titan 26

This was a good start, basically continuing immediately from S1. No extravagant recaps or plethora of flashbacks. It progressed the plot, set up the characters and it even delivered various cool action bits.

The ED is rather interesting, for many reasons.......

My Hero Academia - 14

I was waiting till this arc to actually bother watching the show since this is where the manga actually caught my interest.

Gin no Guardian 01

Between shoulder cat and our MC fighting about a million undead dudes they're certainly got my interest.

Oh, thanks for reminding me, I was going to watch Gin no Guardian

Edit: Wait no, I was thinking of Warau Salesman. How did I get those confused? Ugh, should not have drank that much last night.

Sölf;233166737 said:
It's obviously spoilers for stuff that's not even revealed in the manga. You just wait. Dinosaurs are actually the real enemy here.

Speaking seriously, I suspect the intent behind that sequence, running through a bunch of animals interspersed with Titans, is to say "Titans are the next stage in evolution" or something of that sort.

My Hero Academia - 14

I was waiting till this arc to actually bother watching the show since this is where the manga actually caught my interest.

It's pretty much a really good jumping on spot since this episode was a Breather One and caught the viewers up on the important stuff from the first arc.

Sölf

Speaking seriously, I suspect the intent behind that sequence, running through a bunch of animals interspersed with Titans, is to say "Titans are the next stage in evolution" or something of that sort.

Yeah, I also thought so, especially since
the beast titan
can be seen there as well.

Attack on Titan S2 - 01

Meh? Waiting four years for this is honestly disappointing, even if I have my expectations in check.

Every dramatic scene remains over the top unfortunately. Expected but sucks never the less when that was my biggest gripe with the anime adaptation. And really, that last bit with Miche
when he was being devoured
was so bad. :/

For a first episode where the studios usually want to impress I can't help but feel let down by the visuals, too. The mid to long-distance horse shots were horse shit. That's some pathetic horse CGI. Looks like little advancement was made on that front and the often poor backgrounds while riding.

The new OP was okay-ish. Seems to lack the punch the other two offered but I'll see if it'll grow on me. Its last few visuals certainly where wtf-worthy and I hope it doesn't spoiler some weird shit later down the line.

I'm mostly looking forward the story and world building to unfold with hopefully good action scenes and soundtrack which are the biggest reasons as to why I eventually stopped reading the manga. Depending on the pace I might know most if not all of what's to come for these 12 episodes and I want to see how it's adapted. Has been 4 years since I've read any of that, too.

Menthuss

Attack on Titan S2 - 1

That short pause and that look he gives after Reiner asks if he's coming with them to Conny's village.

(Major spoilers, don't click unless you're up-to-date with the manga)
I love these subtle hints regarding Bertholdt's loyalties. You can perfectly read what he's thinking from his expression.

"What the hell are you doing, Reiner?"

phaze

Sound Euphonium 13 END
026806efozr.jpg
026805blsg7.jpg
026808zlo8r.jpg
0268174aqsn.jpg

Forever robbed.

This is surprisingly easy to rewatch and definitely made me appreciate it a bit more. Especially Kumiko's arc but characters that drew my ire for a long time, Sapphire and Hazuki grew on me to an extent as well. Though I still can't bring myself to care about actual musical performances. <shrugs>
There's surprising amount of setup for a sequel in this last ep. Both Oboe and Nozomi make an appearance and it does touch up on the later Sensei and Asuka stuff.

AoT S2 01
CG horses yay.

It's a bit funny coming back to this show when you first watched it in your very early animu days. Your perspective definitely shifts a bit and you notice stuff you didn't before. Generally though I thought it was fine, the new titan was made suitably harrowing but I'll agree the very last few scenes were more funny than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom