• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
download.png

I'm surprised ClassicaLoid is getting another season.

KraytarJ

My Hero Academia S2 E1
The episode felt pretty stuck in the past. Not much new stuff other than the festival announcement and the great discussion between All Might and Izuku. I'm excited to see how the festival goes because that's where I stopped reading. Overall Iida and Uraraka stay winning.

Attack on Titan S2 E1
Maybe it's just been so long but out of the gate I don't really feel attached to any of these characters or their struggles. The scene with giant Sasquatch just raised even more questions and honestly the whole interaction with the titans and Miche was too goofy and comical to actually be tense or cool. I'm interested to see how I feel about this season since S1 is what brought me back into anime, so after all this time it'll be interesting to see how my feelings change on the series.

Idolm@ster EP22

Nothing confused me more than watching a Christmas episode in July. It's way too hot here.

But I guess after the great Chihaya arc a slow paced cute SoL episode with the entire idol group is a good way to get some peace.

Dio

Banned
Anime of the decade confirmed, Pop Team Epic:

w940fDr.jpg

https://twitter.com/hoshiiro_anime/status/848189137890951168
http://hoshiiro.jp/

P03J9dx.gif

The April Fool's joke was that the Hoshiiro GirlDrop anime was announced on April 1st in Japan.

When it changed to April 2, the site changed to Poptepipic.

Joke plays off of this reveal from the 4koma with the same 'fake show':

Done by the studio that does the Jojo OPs.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...a-pop-team-epic-gets-anime-in-october/.114232

Bets on VAs?

Andrew J.

My Hero Academia S2 01

The starting recap was unfortunate, but Deku training with All Might's heroics literally in the background was a neat shot.

Mummified Aizawa was a great visual gag, and Jirou straightforwardly telling Kaminari he's dumb was brutal.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Attack on Titan Season 2, Episode 1:

I for one am not disparaged about this season being 12 episodes because I still remember how he first season fell apart in various ways. Granted they do have to establish the mystery of the wall here since it was moved and remember the rest of the Survey Corps, turns out they are still alive and actually get to do shit now. Yea, I rather liked this, well, as much as can given I am not a huge fan of the property in the first place.

phaze

Scum's Wish
(is apparently getting saved by a nice guy)
12 END

Huh. I can't say I found conclusions to Ecchan's and Akane's story lines particularly convincing but I can only parrot the praise of the endings for our protagonists. I confess I was rather prejudiced against this show but while hardly free from missteps, it's a show that's pretty unique as far as anime romance goes and directed well enough to, from my cursory look, uplift the source material. Pretty decent.

My Hero Academia S2 01

Awful. Like seriously, this is 13 episodes in and it barely moves faster then the One Piece anime with recaps just as long. At least it looks better?

Attack on Titan 26

That OP doesn't match the first two but the last few seconds own because what the fuck? I hope this is some next level manga spoiler.

Clov

Wow, it looks really cute! I'm really excited for all the new Cardcaptor stuff coming out.

w940fDr.jpg

P03J9dx.gif

The April Fool's joke was that the Hoshiiro GirlDrop anime was announced on April 1st in Japan.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...a-pop-team-epic-gets-anime-in-october/.114232

Bets on VAs?

This is the best news I've heard all week.

I really thought Aniplex of America was going to release this one judging by their Twitter, but it looks like Funimation managed to grab it. Either they keep giving Aniplex Japan boatloads of cash for everything Black Butler related, or they have some sort of contract with them that lets them keep licensing new entries. Who knows!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

w940fDr.jpg

P03J9dx.gif

Bets on VAs?

Wrap it up people. Anime of the forever is about to arrive

Scum's Wish 12

It was a good series, even a very good in lots of episodes, but I have two problems with the last episode.

One, this episode felt stretched out. Like if maybe they adapted half the manga pages than usual, because there weren't any more as this was the end, so they couldn't do anything. There are some flashbacks that were unneeded and the same with the school festival theme, the entire series has never lost time with the school settings so when they do it now it feels jarring.
In truth the real end was episode 11, and they only needed 6-7 minutes more of epilogue to give closure to the main characters.

Second, I knew from the start there was a good chance
of Hanabi and Mugi not ending together, as it was the 'typical' ending it was very possible the author wanted to avoid it. I don't have problems with that, but the way it's done left me cold.
Yes, it's good they matured a bit, and this time they didn't fall in the temptation of going down again the easy path, just comforting each other physically, instead they act different this time.
The more I think about it, in the end this series strangely did a 'reverse-to-shojo', it starts very far away from your typical romance shojo in situation and characters and it has ended with the 'scum' being reformed by love and the main character searching for 'true love' (her words), instead of just 'dirty' physical intimacy. Which is somehow shojo-ish?
Given the 'realistic' setting it was a bit jarring to me. Precisely in this setting it would be normal and natural for both of them to date, this time for real, and from there love could appear. They had lots of chemistry. It's how it happens in real life, you date someone you like because they are pretty and sometimes for that love surges. 'Waiting for true love' happens more in movies than in real life.
So it gives the feeling they say goodbye and move on because the writer wanted to avoid the typical 'and they end together'.

Speaking seriously, I suspect the intent behind that sequence, running through a bunch of animals interspersed with Titans, is to say "Titans are the next stage in evolution" or something of that sort.

That's what I thought at first but maybe they meant top of the food chain? That would make sense to me with the whale and the trex. I can't remember what the other two were.

You guys are here, I'm still in the middle of the last thread.

Was thinking of watching Mahou Tsukai Tai on the plane in my trip to Japan, but got to watch Kimi no na ha and Shin Godzilla( there was no way they were getting any screening in my country), and since this is my first trip wasn't expecting to get to watch something as good as ゴジラ in the flight service.

Anyone has anything to say about Mahou Tsukai Tai? I just know I have something Sato Jun to watch again.

Tiger Mask W 25

He's Tiger Mask? That's Tiger the Great? You're Tiger the Third? I'm Tiger the Dark? Are there any other Tigers I should know about?

Tiger the Great the Third - Hello

jbug617

Banned
Sentai is doing a flash sale. Get Akame Ga Kill Premium Box Set 1 and 2 for $50. Parasyte Premium Box Set 1 and 2 for $50.

phaze

Hope you're talking about Koe no Katachi and not the other one ;P

I think I hate Kyoukai no Kanata more than I usually would because it's not the real KnK.

smh guys, smh.

Kyoukai no Kanata 01-04

Still as good as ever. (Hmmm ? Are you people saying something ? Can't hear you) Episode 4 marks the climax of the arc and the end of sort of introduction to the show, where both protagonists (and the viewer)learn and see in action their respective "conditions" and move on from the initial stage of their relationship. It kind of works better on the rewatch as you're more aware of the backgrounds of the characters and what drives and can see the little bits of characterization. Akihito has some rneat shots that show frustration and self hate. The same is true of Mirai but there is additional, delicious, irony in how the situation unfolds such as where Akkey asks her to stab him when he's possessed by a demon. (Given what is revealed later on) As the arc closes down, the relationship that started pretty inauspiciously, with a sword through a heart of one of them and and the subsequent tension, derision and 'woe is me not you' attitude between Mirai and Akihito, is replaced by a tacit understanding that their situation is actually very similar. (Truly the greatest love story ever told)

Crucify my ass all you want but I find this show funny. Most of the time anyway. I remember the glasses and imouto schtick being repetitive later on but for now, there's little of it and it's pretty self aware. The star of the show is probably Mitsuki with her relentless put downs but pretty much every character has its moment. All of it is aptly touched up with some nice usage of zoom ins, sound effects or silence.

0268328tkkz.jpg
02681961jxn.jpg
02682268je3.jpg
02682453jge.jpg

Such symbolism.
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the opening which is quite plainly, KyoAni's best. No, you're wrong, it's not Hyouka's first OP. Yes, I'm right and you're wrong, you need to watch only ten episodes of KnK to find out why. aka to find the greatest integration of an opening into the episode in history and see how the current state of affairs in the show twists your perception of it. And even outside of that, it's just a superbly crafted OP with a great song whose lyrics match the story down to a t as well as some really nice action cuts and photography.

There is no denying that it's all rosy and stuff though. As much as I think a lot of the dialogue flows well, which I would ascribe to it being an LN rather than a manga, there are some stinkers. The biggest offender is probably Mirai who not only behaves like a 5 year old sometimes, she's constantly in "my pain is greater than yours" which gets old fast. Not to mention the constant "Senpai ?" ,"Kuriyama-san !" exchanges which are pukeworthy from the beginning.

TLDR - Truly the most hot blooded shounen ever.

Man the crunchyroll panel at anime Boston was so bland. Zero new announcements and a lot of self congratulatory banter/reminders about all their events. At least Funimation focused on their upcoming/newly released sets.

Can't wait to get back home and actually watch academia and that silver guardian show. Well, I could wait to see that actually.

Man the crunchyroll panel at anime Boston was so bland. Zero new announcements and a lot of self congratulatory banter/reminders about all their events. At least Funimation focused on their upcoming/newly released sets.

Can't wait to get back home and actually watch academia and that silver guardian show. Well, I could wait to see that actually.

You're in Boston homie, let's go get drunk at a bar and fight with children in Naruto costumes

Beyblade Episode 51 [end] (engdub)

Pretty awesome anime overall, Im sold on Beyblade, cant wait to start the next season.

I hope Kai is still with the BladeBreakers.

English Ost is so good.

*snips away disgusting stuff*

Now how about you watch Nichijou instead, a proper KyoAni anime! Didn't you say you wanted to give it another try and see if it gets better perhaps?

Because it take some time but eventually I liked it more and more. And even though many jokes weren't my type the production values make some of them still work / make up for it.

You're in Boston homie, let's go get drunk at a bar and fight with children in Naruto costumes

Ugh I think they'd win right now. I'm dead tired from walking around an over crowded convention hall filled with people who have zero self awareness. I don't care if you're chatting up the first girl to like the same anime as you, just move so I can browse the God damn DVDs! Lol

Attack on Titan S2 1

hell yeah, all aboard this train until the production collapses in 3-4 episodes

Oh come on have a little faith otherwise where's the meltdown when it happens?

elDLIVE Episode 10

Great development for Sonokata finally accepting her weaknesses and realizing Chuuta is trying his hardest. Definitely good after all the intense drama and life and death fighting mere episodes ago.

KraytarJ

K-ON!! 20
The sadness is beginning to set in, that fucking scene where the band just loses it when they think ahead and realize it's almost all over. This shit's just really good I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom