• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Tsuki ga Kirei ep.4
SdBopxE.png
You know, it would be tough to make this show any more cuter and innocent than it already is. Watching these two struggle to find each other and at the same time try and figure out the emotions they were feeling was friggen great. The awkwardness is just too real...

JulianImp

Tsuki ga Kirei ep.4

You know, it would be tough to make this show any more cuter and innocent than it already is. Watching these two struggle to find each other and at the same time try and figure out the emotions they were feeling was friggen great. The awkwardness is just too real...

My only gripe with it are the short stories at the end, since they basically balance the 20-something minutes of subdued romance with 30 seconds of pure concentrated anime tropes and gags that feel really out of place. I'm actually considering not watching the show past the ED, because I'd rather not end each episode with crappy 4koma gags.

Vic_Viper

maybe give ergo proxy a look?

Welcome brotha.

Not really cyber punk, but maybe Code Geass or Full Metal Alchemist?

Sorry, guess I should have specified that I was wondering if anything recently came out like Psycho Pass and Gits. Ive seen alot of the older stuff, was curious if anything new had come out lately.

Seen Ergo Proxy, Code Geass (seasons 1 and 2) and both FMA shows already :(

JCG

Havent been following Anime for awhile. Think the last shows I watched were Knight of Sidonia and Ajin. Cant wait for BLAME! Really hope they go back and finish Knights of Sidonia with a season 3. Although I would really like to see them do a Biomega show. Theres nothing like it other than the BLAME! If it does well enough, I really hope Biomega is next on their list. Also started watching Blue Exorcist. Its pretty good, but I lost interest at the time. Need to go back and finish it soon.

Are there any good shows out atm that are similar to Psycho Pass, Ghost in the Shell, Kekkai Sensen or even Death Note? Something set in a near future Cyber Punk setting?

Going out on a slight limb...that sounds like you might enjoy ID-0. If you can deal with the 3D, that is, and the fact it's more sci-fi space adventure than strictly cyberpunk, but the series does have some clear Ghost in Shell-ish elements at the core of the story/setting with the whole mind transfer/I-machine angle. If nothing else, it is closer to the description than CG or FMA and a decent show.

Sorry, guess I should have specified that I was wondering if anything recently came out like Psycho Pass and Gits. Ive seen alot of the older stuff, was curious if anything new had come out lately.

I would recommend watching Fafner. The franchise has a rough beginning, but if you can get past the opening half of the original series you'll find an increasingly interesting piece of science fiction dealing with humanity struggling after an invasion from a devastatingly foreign race of beings. On a similar but very differently handled theme, you might also enjoy the currently airing series Kado the Right Answer about negotiating with an unexpected alien visitor in present-day Japan.

phaze

Harmony (movie) is a recent sci-fi flick that seems like it might be up your alley.

Thud

Reading up on like half a year of ippo chapters. Those muscles yesh.

It's gonna be hard to animate this angles and weird positions correctly. Maybe I'll get to see it before 2066.

Cornbread78

My only gripe with it are the short stories at the end, since they basically balance the 20-something minutes of subdued romance with 30 seconds of pure concentrated anime tropes and gags that feel really out of place. I'm actually considering not watching the show past the ED, because I'd rather not end each episode with crappy 4koma gags.

What's funny is that I have skipped those 100% of the time so far; I always stop at the ED, lol. If they don't fit, just omit.

Gotcha, I'm not an expert with the sci-fi stuff unfortunately.

Did you suffer witness the greatness in Entertainment called Cross Ange?
*This comes with a huge caveat because it is a lot of ecchi, yuri, and other $hit all bundled in one crazy ride. Enter knowing that parts may be disturbing depending on your tolerance level.

What about Death Parade?

Dimension W might work

Guilty Crown, this one has some ups and some downs.... Quite the entertaining ride though..

Heavy Object Some tropey $hit mixed in, but it's basically "McGuyver the anime"

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere S I&II you might have already seen this one since it is going back a few years now, but it's got a good sci-fi/fantasy feel to it.

From the New World There is nothing Steam punkish at all to this one, but it's got a good sci-fi theme to it.

This is about all I got.

Line_HTX

I think at this point everyone should bury Dimension W into the void where it belongs forever. It's a complete forgettable disaster.

Just finished watching the first 3 episode of sukasuka. All i can say is i'm floored this is amazing. Tamaru Yamada's cover of Scarborough Fair and her song Always in my Heart is perfect for the anime. Such wonderful songs for the meloncholy vibe of the show.

Cornbread78

I think at this point everyone should bury Dimension W into the void where it belongs forever. It's a complete forgettable disaster.

It wasn't THAT bad, it just wasn;t great either, and that ending was a rushed joke...

Just finished watching the first 3 episode of sukasuka. All i can say is i'm floored this is amazing. Tamaru Yamada's cover of Scarborough Fair and her song Always in my Heart is perfect for the anime. Such wonderful songs for the meloncholy vibe of the show.

ofmftb5.gif

definitely one of my favs this season so far...

Havent been following Anime for awhile. Think the last shows I watched were Knight of Sidonia and Ajin. Cant wait for BLAME! Really hope they go back and finish Knights of Sidonia with a season 3. Although I would really like to see them do a Biomega show. Theres nothing like it other than the BLAME! If it does well enough, I really hope Biomega is next on their list. Also started watching Blue Exorcist. Its pretty good, but I lost interest at the time. Need to go back and finish it soon.

Are there any good shows out atm that are similar to Psycho Pass, Ghost in the Shell, Kekkai Sensen or even Death Note? Something set in a near future Cyber Punk setting?

I dunno how a well a Biomega anime would work given how the last half of it ends up. Polygon is doing Urobuchi's Godzilla series next, but I could see them adapting Nihei's new manga, Aposimz, in the future.

Beyblade Burst Episode 13: Shu's Test!

Finally were back to the Shu's injury plot...I hope he decides to go all out against Valt...though Im more concerned for what Valt will do, he already struggles with handling his emotions in terms of anger, but now this, he may collapse in round 1.

Yowamushi Pedal New Generation Episode 14 – The Ordinary Man and the Genius

WHAT?! No way. Screw this writing. Sure I like Teshima but this is how he get its? Unacceptable. Hes still so ordinary, so plain, so weak. How can he be the captain and be the sixth man?!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I understand like 5% of this blog post, but it seems like Chinese fans had a shit fit over the TVB localization of Love Live, down to how they decided to translate the title of the anime to "明星学生妹".
http://alex10076.blogspot.ca/2015/01/lovelive.html

It sort of reminds me of the recent Persona 5 localization brouhaha. lol

I need to stop going down the Chinese internet rabbit hole...

KADO The Right Answer 03

This really reminds of of that one episode of Star Tr-

No, wait. I'm sorry but its impossible for me to talk about this show without comparing it to something about Star Trek but I don't want to be that guy.

t4rBpBm.gif

Will Kado have an episode where the leads go warp 10 and get transformed into weird salamanders? Then they bang? Then the episode gets declared non-canon?

Transwarp_humans.jpg

dan2026

Episodes 1-4 will be available in the following regions: United States and Canada. Episodes 5-10 will be available in the following regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland

Hey guys, start watching from episode 5!
The story will make so much more sense.

Will Kado have an episode where the leads go warp 10 and get transformed into weird salamanders? Then they bang? Then the episode gets declared non-canon?

Transwarp_humans.jpg

i hope theres also one where they go to the planet of the primitive black people wearing big poofy pants and then one of the women gets kidnapped, for the authentic Star Trek experience.

Aki-at

Transwarp_humans.jpg

Perhaps we could get an episode where everyone gets infected with a virus that causes them to be drunk and end up banging, even the machines.

Star Trek owns because you can have an episode thats high concept about robot souls or torture and then an episode thats the schlockiest pulp sci-fi garbage with healthy doses of racism back to back

Love Tyrant 4 -
So I guess every girl in the anime is fucking insane huh?

Saekano Flat 3 -
Well I certainly didn't expect that to Tomoya's choice. He was pretty brutal about it too LOL. I wonder how Utaha is gonna react to that, probably not well I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom