• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase17

I hope the Black Clover anime is soonish. I am kind of really anticipating it. I need Asta.

I'm curious how many episodes it will be/how much of the manga it will cover. Wonder if they'd go all the way to the witches forest arc.

Although I guess they can properly introduce the light novel characters in the anime lol.

Clov

Just finished watching A Silent Voice with my fiance. We both really enjoyed it overall, though it wasn't quite as good as I felt some people made it out to be. Some characters really felt like they didn't have much of a purpose in the film, and there were a few things I was hoping would be elaborated on that weren't. Still, the subject matter was interesting, and the visuals were great as I'd expect of a KyoAni production. A very good movie for sure, though I don't know if I'd call it great.

duckroll

I would say they're different types of artistic expression. Your Name is a sentimental love ballad while A Silent Voice is a sensitive exploration of damaged human psyches. I would say A Silent Voice is a deeper, richer film than Your Name, due primarily to the difference between Shinkai's material and the manga material Yamada was dealing with, but they both exhibit very fine craftsmanship.

Okay so my comparison between Avatar and some overrated Nolan blockbuster was correct! :)

My current running theory is that there are two kinds of people

Those who like Benten and Senjogahara

Those who dislike Benten and Senjogahara

One side is clearly morally superior, while the other side is weak and has very bad taste

A Silent Voice - All aboard the feels trip.

So I read the manga in its entirety a few months ago in preparation for this movie. I still find it strange that it didn't just get a 12-episode anime instead but I'm glad to say I actually quite enjoyed this adaptation. It feels more like a greatest hit of the manga, getting majority of the essential plot elements to tell the story accurately and cutting out the fat.

The portion of the story that I'm disappointed that got cut in this adaptation is a lot of Shouko's mother's side story, and it's very unfortunate. A lot of her remaining resentment towards Shouya really emphasize the lasting consequences of his actions, and in the manga it was a slowburn for her to finally start forgiving him. In the manga, the flashbacks of Shouko's homelife during her time in elementary was the biggest gut punch for me, so I'm sad it was not included here in the movie.

Akashic Records 08

I'm assuming this is some sort of grand plot devised my Glenn and Re to make the true villain appear, I actually doubt Re has actually betrayed anyone.

SukaSuka 08

Yea I don't think Willem sees Cht romantically at all, I think he honestly see her as somewhat like a daughter and that is going to devastate her.

Usobuko

Banned
Detective Conan Crimson Love Letter 2017 movie

Saw this on big screen yesterday, it's standard Conan flair with movie production value. I quite like it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 8:

Not going to lie, this episode felt like treading water as we finally transition to our first potential training arc centered the Byakugan .Not much to say outside of that really.

I'm curious how many episodes it will be/how much of the manga it will cover. Wonder if they'd go all the way to the witches forest arc.

Although I guess they can properly introduce the light novel characters in the anime lol.
It's hard to say with studio Pierrot. I wish for a long adaptation, but they could go the twin star road again.
I hope its Fall, Summer is too soon. Though I hope they treat it like Naruto/Shippuden, long anime.
I am hoping for fall too, but it's probably winter 2018.
Glad Boruto isn't doing relatively well.
I don't think that map is a good way to judge that lol.

Even then it should tell you that Boruto is doing well enough to actually beat AoT in some places.

Ascheroth

Yep this was just as good as I'd been hoping. I read the whole manga but never really found myself sucked in, save for a handful of parts. This took the manga's wonderful designs and matched them with an easier to follow narrative and greater sense of storytelling/understanding of the world. Crossing my fingers it'll get another film or two. I'd love to experience more of the Blame! world this way.

Cibo kinda got shafted in the epilogue. Did she appear at all after the 'time jump' and I missed it? She spends a lot more time with Killy in the manga so I was kinda surprised they had her travel down with the villagers but then no one mentions her again.
I mentioned it before, but I thought they went a bit too far with the explanations.
Also wanted more weird creatures :(

As for your spoiler:
I don't think it's that important. She could have just went down with them and left after some time, maybe after remaking her body, and join up with Killy in the next movie *fingers crossed*. Time isn't really important in Blame :p

The show reach #1 in CR popular shows on days it airs so it's not that big a surprise.

Yeah I mean, it's pretty standard LN stuff and while there may be a lot of people vocally sick of LN anime, with any of the tropes and character types expected of the fantasy LN genre, there's a reason that stuff sells. Even when animated on fast forward.

I would argue the first episode is the best. It's very generic sure but after that it just gets insufferable imo.

I feel much the same way.

I mentioned it before, but I thought they went a bit too far with the explanations.
Also wanted more weird creatures :(

As for your spoiler:
I don't think it's that important. She could have just went down with them and left after some time, maybe after remaking her body, and join up with Killy in the next movie *fingers crossed*. Time isn't really important in Blame :p

Yeah I don't think it's super important either, but I was just curious what happened to her, if I had missed it.

As for explanations. I dunno, I feel like they found a nice balance between Blame!'s normally obtuse nature and at least offering some level exposition.

Also: As far as a Black Clover adaptation goes, I'm really not excited unfortunately. I liked the manga well enough early on, even if I felt in some ways it was following too closely in Naruto's footsteps. But later on, when characters from its side novels started popping in with surprise, and certain major events got solved with a snap of the fingers, I just completely lost interest. It's a similar problem I have to the Akashic Records adaptation being on fast forward, though of course Black Clover isn't an adaptation of anything, but I felt like it sacrificed character building and opportunity for growth in a desire to string one cool moment after the next as fast as possible.

It's hard to say with studio Pierrot. I wish for a long adaptation, but they could go the twin star road again.

Even then it should tell you that Boruto is doing well enough to actually beat AoT in some places.

Eh, Naruto would actually compete. Boruto as a sequel can't.

Ascheroth

Yeah I don't think it's super important either, but I was just curious what happened to her, if I had missed it.

As for explanations. I dunno, I feel like they found a nice balance between Blame!'s normally obtuse nature and at least offering some level exposition.
Oh yes, it definitely would have been nice.

It's not so much the explanations per se that bother me, it's more about how some of them are delivered (and their reactions). One of the electrofisher dude's entire character(was it Zuteso?) was basically reacting surprised to whatever unfamiliar thing Killy or Cibo mentioned and repeating it, and then someone explaining it.

Or when they camp and Killy ignores the food, Cibo immediately goes 'His metabolism works differently, he doesn't need to eat often'.
How does she even know this?
She's a freaking head!
I mean she probably scanned him or concluded it herself, but it felt really weird.

I dunno, stuff like that kinda irked me.

AnimeGAF, i need your help. I tried to watch Monogatari anime, but this shit is too confusing for me. I realized that I'm watching it in wrong way when Araragi said to Kanbaru that she's "third girl whose hair I'm cutting" in the last episode of Hanamonogatari. WTF, did i missed some story arks, i don't remember that he did this before, who is the other 2 girls and in what episodes did that happened? And is there any proper watch guide or something, there is too much something-monogatari sub arks in different seasons.

Qurupeke

Dennou Coil [END]

I'm not sure how I feel about Sosuke's involvement to the plot. The ending could have been perfect and emotionally strong without a human antagonist. In any case, this was a really good finale. It's kind of poetic how Michiko is, pretty much, Isako's and Yasako's lovechild.
Anyway, it was a nice series, I'd describe it as a down to Earth sci-fi that explores people. A good cast of characters, very interesting concepts about technology, good animation and, as I've said, it's probably my favourite use of CG in an anime.

AnimeGAF, i need your help. I tried to watch Monogatari anime, but this shit is too confusing for me. I realized that I'm watching it in wrong way when Araragi said to Kanbaru that she's "third girl whose hair I'm cutting" in the last episode of Hanamonogatari. WTF, did i missed some story arks, i don't remember that he did this before, who is the other 2 girls and in what episodes did that happened? And is there any proper watch guide or something, there is too much something-monogatari sub arks in different seasons.

Bake->Nise->Neko:Kuro->Second Series->Hana->Tsuki->Owari->Koyomi->Kizu

I don't remember what you're referring at, but it's worth noting that Hanamonogatari takes place much later than the other arcs.

petran79

Banned
A Silent Voice - All aboard the feels trip.

So I read the manga in its entirety a few months ago in preparation for this movie. I still find it strange that it didn't just get a 12-episode anime instead but I'm glad to say I actually quite enjoyed this adaptation. It feels more like a greatest hit of the manga, getting majority of the essential plot elements to tell the story accurately and cutting out the fat.

The portion of the story that I'm disappointed that got cut in this adaptation is a lot of Shouko's mother's side story, and it's very unfortunate. A lot of her remaining resentment towards Shouya really emphasize the lasting consequences of his actions, and in the manga it was a slowburn for her to finally start forgiving him. In the manga, the flashbacks of Shouko's homelife during her time in elementary was the biggest gut punch for me, so I'm sad it was not included here in the movie.

I agree,but movie was almost 2 hours long. Had reached the length limit probably to include more.

Considering the manga material,it was a nice adaptation.

I dont know about a 12 episode adaptation. Animation budget would be far less and this would affect the quality.TV age ratings are different too so this could affect the whole adaptation.

I am in the minority that liked Aku no Hana manga more than the TV adaptation. On TV characters were made to look much older,thus twisting the manga story in a sense.

zulux21

I would argue the first episode is the best. It's very generic sure but after that it just gets insufferable imo.

you must be a huge tsundare fan and your favorite characters in anime must be raging d***s as that is the only possible way I can imagine anyone enjoying the first episode.

all of the characters in the first episode don't have a single likable thing about them #_#

you must be a huge tsundare fan and your favorite characters in anime must be raging d***s as that is the only possible way I can imagine anyone enjoying the first episode.

all of the characters in the first episode don't have a single likable thing about them #_#

Outside of doing heroic stuff for the plot I don't think they get all that more likable though.

Erigu

Araragi said to Kanbaru that she's "third girl whose hair I'm cutting" in the last episode of Hanamonogatari. WTF, did i missed some story arks, i don't remember that he did this before, who is the other 2 girls and in what episodes did that happened?
Tsubasa and Tsukihi. You didn't miss anything, as that happened in short short stories (Tsubasa Song and Tsukihi Brushing, respectively)

That is so true, been a while since I got that turned off by a single episode. It was like the show did everything it could to make me not watch it. The only thing going for it was that it looked good.

Id be fine with 50ish BLack Clover episodes, anything more than 24 is fine, I could also do with some original storylines in the anime because Yuno is so not present for many moments. And of course more Leo moments too.

KraytarJ

What if you like Senjou but hate Benten?
That's my feeling too. Benten is a little too maliciously sadistic for my taste, especially because I like most people on the show so her being terrible to them and them worshipping her doesn't sit well with me. Senjou's way cooler than that.

Cornbread78

Fairy Tail ep. 96-98
s4Zor3Z.png

N9X9NhT.png
I rewatched ep.96 to get back into the flow and went ahead through the first couple episodes of the new arc. Immediately, the show sucked me back in with it's charm and fun characters. Looks like this arc will be some fun, but the drama is already on the horizon as Carla has had some nasty images of what is to come...

Fukumenkei Noise ep.7
Oh man, the showdown is about to come.... I already feel bad for Yuzu as the dude is about to get burned by her obsession with Momo. Pretty decent twists this episode with the rival band and I'm looking forward to the endgame at the festival.

duckroll

BLAME!

That was kinda cool. Reminded me of Breath of Fire V crossed with Binary Domain. Lol. CG is the future!!!! Can't wait for GODZILLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom