• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erigu

...There is also short stories? Is this separate episodes or just little parts of episodes?
There's a bunch of short short stories, but they haven't been animated.
(... Well, I guess there would be be Koyomi History, but that's a bit of a special case, and 'animated" doesn't quite fit either...)

I agree,but movie was almost 2 hours long. Had reached the length limit probably to include more.

Considering the manga material,it was a nice adaptation.

I dont know about a 12 episode adaptation. Animation budget would be far less and this would affect the quality.TV age ratings are different too so this could affect the whole adaptation.

I am in the minority that liked Aku no Hana manga more than the TV adaptation. On TV characters were made to look much older,thus twisting the manga story in a sense.

Yeah, i really liked the adaptation overall and for the constraints they likely had to work around, I think they did a great job telling the essentials of the storyline.

Cornbread78

I've been getting Senjou vibes from what I've seen and heard of Benten. I haven't seen the show yet but I'd be surprised if that's the case!

See below, Kraytar is right on... That is the BIG difference between the two of them.

That's my feeling too. Benten is a little too maliciously sadistic for my taste, especially because I like most people on the show so her being terrible to them and them worshipping her doesn't sit well with me. Senjou's way cooler than that.

exactly.....

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"There Was a Beast Inside the Skirt" got announced and will air in July.

surprise.gif

phaze

In for more Koma-chan adventures.

I still can't believe that Kemono Friends is still my AOTY so far.

I'm dead serious.

Implying you watched any other show.

Rawr, lol

Introverted college student meets an older college beauty that's actually a crossdresser.

30 second PV.

Something something Kabedon.
ie5ifvb0gzute4rkbo.gif

kewlmyc

I'd happily take more seasons like this as it is at least better than last season :p

Last season had Konosuba, Rakugo, and Scum's Wish at least at least.

Also this season isn't terrible. Yeah, there's LN trash everywhere, but this season is decent if you're into action shounen shows.

zulux21

Last season had Konosuba, Rakugo, and Scum's Wish at least at least.

Also this season isn't terrible. Yeah, there's LN trash everywhere, but this season is decent if you're into action shounen shows.

I like my LN trash (just wish some of them got better adaptions)

but i mean AoT and MHA at the very least is better than anything that aired last season by a far margin.

heck I think records might be above konosuba despite the first episode, but I don't have the love for konosuba people in here do. I think it is a decent show with a few funny moments here or there but nothing great.

Honestly, this season is fine. Yeah there's awful stuff, but that could be said every season.

There are seven shows that are pretty consistently enjoyable to me. (AOT, MHA, Eccentric Family, Tiger Mask W, Tsukigakirei, Kado, Laughing Salesman.)

zulux21

You're crazy.

they are really close to each other for me.

and not because I think records is a good show.

unless the next two seasons suck I doubt either will make it in my top 10 anime for the year.

heck two of my top anime for the year aren't even anime right now. but if we can count live action puppets that didn't have origins in japan as anime last year I can't see any reason why we can't count persona 5 and into the badlands as anime this year :p

Narag

Honestly, this season is fine. Yeah there's awful stuff, but that could be said every season.

There are seven shows that are pretty consistently enjoyable to me. (AOT, MHA, Eccentric Family, Tiger Mask W, Tsukigakirei, Kado, Laughing Salesman.)

where's berserk

Just watch MHA and IBO.

What's the point in me watching MHA? All I'm getting is a well animated version of a story in which I already know how it goes, and IBO...sigh...I'll get back to that some other time.

Don't actually watch anything new or me and Pshyco will send betting police after you.

Oh no, sure. I know what I'm doing. I'll take care of those shows. Eventually.

When I'm not feeling like an old, rusted hunk of metal that barely recognizes this community anymore that is.

Moaradin

What's the point in me watching MHA? All I'm getting is a well animated version of a story in which I already know how it goes, and IBO...sigh...I'll get back to that some other time.

You don't like watching a thing you already like animated? Different strokes I guess, but I love it, especially when it's by a capable studio.

It's also cool to see how it's adapted and what kinda liberties they take. Mob Psycho 100 was great with this, and MHA s2 has expanded some scenes and added in some bonus chapter stuff in neat ways.

Oh no, sure. I know what I'm doing. I'll take care of those shows. Eventually.

When I'm not feeling like an old, rusted hunk of metal that barely recognizes this community anymore that is.
Yea that's what adaptation are. You don't want to watch a super great adaptation of something you enjoy? Seeing characters you like animated in amazing ways with a kickass ost seems like a damn good reason to me. The anime also adds tons of stuff and takes lots of liberties. From class interaction to long fights. People other then me told you it was more then worth it.

At this point you just sound grumpy and closed to everything. Because if we listened to you nobody here should watch half the shows that are airing since they read the source.

sonicmj1

Re:Creators 7

Sota is still awful. He's got a purpose now (even a thematic purpose, as his lack of confidence in his artistic abilities ties into the show's larger discussions of creation and storytelling), but he remains an extremely shallow character. I probably prefer the show's expository monologues to any parts focused on him, and that's saying something.

w5lR2Mj.jpg

Are they allowed to do this?

Luckily, with all the characters introduced and most of the rules explained, it's gradually improving. The Creations actually have to interact with each other now, and a few of them (Magane in particular) are mischievous enough to be fun. Maybe it'll get somewhere good eventually.

I'm impressed at how readily these characters seem to randomly run into each other given how big Tokyo is.

Yea that's what adaptation are. You don't want to watch a super great adaptation of something you enjoy? Seeing characters you like animated in amazing ways with a kickass ost seems like a damn good reason to me. The anime also adds tons of stuff and takes lots of liberties. From class interaction to long fights. People other then me told you it was more then worth it.

At this point you just sound grumpy and closed to everything. Because if we listened to you nobody here should watch half the shows that are airing since they read the source.

Not to agree with him that there hasn't been anything worthwhile save Kemono Friends
I don't actually understand people see in it.
but I can understand the disinterest in watching an adaptation of something you've already enjoyed.

If entertainment is more about where the story is going, and the answers to its mysteries and character development, I can understand it becoming boring to watch something you've already experienced, even if it changes mediums. I'd imagine it's a similar problem people have with watching prequels. You know where the story ends up, so why bother?

While I personally still enjoy watching AoT S2 and MHA S2 there is a part of me that's a bit less interested because I know where both end up. The story isn't as fresh or amazing because I've seen it before, even if it wasn't animated previously.

I think not watching the adaptation of an LN or manga is the same as not being able to read the manga adaptation of a novel or LN. so I can understand. I never hardly ever read the manga adaptations of things.

AoT S2 delivers for the most part and then there's also an excellent second season of Eccentric Family.

2 good shows is above average as far as I'm concerned, so I'm enjoying the season a lot.

He is you but 3 years in the future.
I would need to do a major shift in my taste to sound like this, but I guess we never kbow lol. Hopefully not.
Not to agree with him that there hasn't been anything worthwhile save Kemono Friends
I don't actually understand people see in it.
but I can understand the disinterest in watching an adaptation of something you've already enjoyed.

If entertainment is more about where the story is going, and the answers to its mysteries and character development, I can understand it becoming boring to watch something you've already experienced, even if it changes mediums. I'd imagine it's a similar problem people have with watching prequels. You know where the story ends up, so why bother?

While I personally still enjoy watching AoT S2 and MHA S2 there is a part of me that's a bit less interested because I know where both end up. The story isn't as fresh or amazing because I've seen it before, even if it wasn't animated previously.
If the source material is amazing, then I don't see how an adaptation of said material could be boring. Like in summer we get Welcome to the Ballroom. I know the story, but boy am I still hype as hell to watch it. I want to see a series I like animated and even if I know where it's going it doesn't have any impact. It just changes the experience. It's like how will they adapt this and how crazy will they go for that scene or I want to hear All Might scream the most bad-ass quote ever. If it's for a lesser series where I just found the source good though, I can kind of agree.

At this point a love interest getting fatally wounded/at death's door and the other person nursing them back to health either with an act of emotional intimacy or straight up getting naked and keeping them warm with their boobs should be a trope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom