• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because the source material is good, doesn't mean that the adaptation will be though. There's much more involved in making an anime than making a manga or a novel, which gives plenty of opportunity for more to go wrong. You could have great writing dragged down by poor direction, or bad animation, for example.

On a different note, I'm still only watching two shows this season. Not because I'm only interested in two shows, but because my time's been very constrained. Not only do I have a new Fire Emblem to distract me, but I'm going to a convention later this week. I need to put the finishing touches on my cosplays for that. Oh yeah, and I'm getting married next week. That's sort of important. Maybe once it's all over and I can finally relax, and watch some more of this season's shows. I wouldn't mind starting Bahamut, but reactions have been mixed.

I should have said *I don't see how a great adaptation could be boring*, you are right, an adaptation can be bad. I was in the moment.

Also congratulation on getting married!

JulianImp

Kuroko S2 - Up to #46
It's still nice, but I'm kind of getting tired of how often side characters spew exposition about how Seirin will be absolutely out of the game if they mess up in a specific play, and of course they won't because of the explanation that was just given to us (so a 18-point difference is okay, but a 20-point one is basically game over... wait, what?).

Also, the appearance of more and more "special skills" is getting a bit annoying for me. I already cringed a little the first time they called out Kuroko's Ignite Pass, and now they've added Misdirection Overflow, Vanishing Drive and Ignite Pass Kai, on top of the silly names Teppei and Hyuga gave to their one-handed ball grip and the action of taking a step backwards before going for a 3-point shot. Like, them talking about Kuroko's misdirection or Aomine and Kagami being in the zone as they were playing each other was okay, but I really didn't expect the show to start whipping up more and more named skills as it went on.

Oh yeah, and I'm getting married next week. That's sort of important.

10a.jpg

Line_HTX

For me, I felt the Gurren Lagann ending was bittersweet. I didn't really rage at it, but felt like damn, there's no other alternative here? And eventually I kind of accepted it as closure.

Whoa there, sudden Karen picture.

Just because the source material is good, doesn't mean that the adaptation will be though. There's much more involved in making an anime than making a manga or a novel, which gives plenty of opportunity for more to go wrong. You could have great writing dragged down by poor direction, or bad animation, for example.

On a different note, I'm still only watching two shows this season. Not because I'm only interested in two shows, but because my time's been very constrained. Not only do I have a new Fire Emblem to distract me, but I'm going to a convention later this week. I need to put the finishing touches on my cosplays for that. Oh yeah, and I'm getting married next week. That's sort of important. Maybe once it's all over and I can finally relax, and watch some more of this season's shows. I wouldn't mind starting Bahamut, but reactions have been mixed.

Just place flat screens all around the church/temple/mosque/whatever airing the shows that you've been missing this season! I'm sure guests would love it! Also congrats.

Boruto Episode 8
tumblr_inline_oqh47nZdBR1qap25p_540.gif
tumblr_inline_oqh4b0VLCP1qap25p_540.gif

Boruto is amazing lol, I loved him saying all these awakened power lines, we need even more of it.

Also wow Inojin didnt get invited to the Shikadai/Boruto date at the movies, but Denki and Iwabe did lol.

Clov

I should have said *I don't see how a great adaptation could be boring*, you are right, an adaptation can be bad. I was in the moment.

Also congratulation on getting married!

Just place flat screens all around the church/temple/mosque/whatever airing the shows that you've been missing this season! I'm sure guests would love it! Also congrats.

Congrats!

MikeHattsuStoleMyGif.gif

Thank you! I'll make sure to keep MikeHattsu's advice in mind. :)

Congrats! May you have many happiness!

apparently espanol couldnt afford an NES intro lmao. I haven't been disappointed by the Netflix animated shows I've watched (Voltron, Troll hunters) so looking forward to this.

To those of you more knowledgeable at anime production, do we have any info on the team behind it? Worth getting hyped over? Seems almost an entirely anime production. Didn't look like the korean team that did Korra/Voltron though maybe I didn't look closely.

Narag

To those of you more knowledgeable at anime production, do we have any info on the team behind it? Worth getting hyped over? Seems almost an entirely anime production. Didn't look like the korean team that did Korra/Voltron though maybe I didn't look closely.

Waiting to see who Frederator outsourced it to since it wasn't done in-house. Warren Ellis tagged these people in his tweet about it though: http://www.powerhouseanimation.com/ so there's a start

This is fine
Will probably watch it even though the only Castlevania I beat was Aria of Sorrow

thankfully since they're rolling with Castlevania III, there's no franchise baggage to worry about

Kenka Bancho Otome - Girl Beats Boys- Episode 7

I guess what I love in otome anime is I always get to hear some of my fav voices all the time, and they voice the best boys, and Aoi Shouta and KENN are still confirmed for the best, the way they were there to have Hikaru's back even with something kind of stupid was really awesome.

Clov

Thanks for all the good wishes! I'm really looking forward to the big day. :)

Also, that Castlevania series looks pretty good. I'll definitely be giving at least one episode a try.

Room Mate Episode 7 - Nishina Aoi Can't Calm Down

Best character asking to marry me and be my husband??? Yes please.

ED is just jumping straight into this time, no exploding clothes or water, just a magic eraser. I wonder if next episode will it zoom out some.
tumblr_inline_oqh5yvk8bb1qfrp2t_540.gif

Boruto 8
Man Boruto is such a fun character. His whole superhero persona this episode was absolutely hilarious. We also get a normal family time for once! Love the Hyuga side haha.

Mitsuki appearing out of nowhere in conversation was great too. Made for very funny out of nowhere moments. Best character.

Waiting to see who Frederator outsourced it to since it wasn't done in-house. Warren Ellis tagged these people in his tweet about it though: http://www.powerhouseanimation.com/ so there's a start

thankfully since they're rolling with Castlevania III, there's no franchise baggage to worry about

pretty cool. They've been doing a lot of work in a variety of art styles largely for video games from what I see in that demo reel. Seems appropriate.

John Blade

Oh yeah, and I'm getting married next week.

Congratulation to you man. I guess she is the best waifu you have in real life. Keep her for real......till you find the best waifu in anime.

For me, I am slowing down a bit as something came up in work and also, kinda need some time to rest from anime a bit (getting old watching anime with time is shrinking down). Right now, I bought myself Clannad HD and wondering if I should do a let's play here of my process of the game? I have a feeling only 3-4 people will care following me playing this game but just wondering if they is a demand for it.

Just T

My Hero Academia: 14

What was the point of 13.5 if this basically did the same thing. Newly adapted stuff was neat though, enjoyed Uraraka's going to do her best part. Once I get to the latest episode will probably continue the manga, like an arc behind or something.

Aki-at

Kuragehime - 2

An enjoyable episode but the crossdresser character really doesn't have any sort of tact. He's the type of character that'll offend everyone at the dinner table.

Sagrada Reset Episode 8

I guess Im the only one still watching because its really good...but did I miss how there is someone who can tell the future, in a world in which someone can reset. Will the future they saw, be updated? Can she tell there is/will be a reset?

Cornbread78

Sukasuka ep.7
Oh, poor Ctholly, she's gonna get hurt in the end. Still waiting for more info on her mental state after all that crap happened. Did it completely fix itself after what happened last week?

Just T

My Hero Academia: 15

Haven't missed Bakugou's shitty personality. There was a good bit of dimming in this one too, still was good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom