• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celcius

°Temp. member
This season of GBF ends next week. There is already a show replacing it on the timeslot in Summer. So the best bet is to hope it continues in Fall.

vader.jpg

The show has exceeded my expectations thus far so I certainly hope it gets a season 2 soon.
On that note, I also hope season 1 doesn't end of a cliff hanger with anyone getting kidnapped. :(

I still can't believe they dubbed Berserk 2016 and didn't even get the old cast back. New Berserk anime can't get anything right.

lol that's incredible. Sigh, god I hope I get to be successful enough to have the money to give this series the adaptation is actually deserves.

Please guys, if you need to post NSFW links at least post the link by itself. Nobody who frequents this forum needs to see that shit. Some people attempt to browse this at work and in public ffs

3Kaze

This season of GBF ends next week. There is already a show replacing it on the timeslot in Summer. So the best bet is to hope it continues in Fall.

49 key animators, 15 studios credited in the final episode. Considering how the staff is struggling to finish the show after a 3 month delay, I wouldn't expect a second season so soon.

duckroll

49 key animators, 15 studios credited in the final episode. Considering how the staff is struggling to finish the show after a 3 month delay, I wouldn't expect a second season so soon.

As long as Cygames and Aniplex are pumping money into it, it'll get done one way or another. Considering the expected sales of the series on BD/DVD, they're not going to let this go anytime soon. In fact, the production hiccups might be the only reason that this isn't running for a whole year straight as originally rumored.

Narag

Berserk (2017) 9

And I know this episode caught a lot of flak for the fucked up CG but it doesn't seem like a lack of effort rather than a lack of time as so much is clearly unfinished work. I don't imagine correction will be monumentally better but this is the nadir of the show's visual quality, even worse than the first ep of S1.

JulianImp

Someone page Verelios.

It'd like to link you guys to the latest episode of Extra Credits, mostly since it tries to analyze the good and bad use of ecchi in two Japanese games (Yakuza zero and Persona 5, with mild spoilers for both): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzdylKgPjNI

It's pretty interesting since the whole thing about pretending ecchi's a-ok is something that's going on in at least two seasonal shows (Eromanga-sensei and Tsugumomo). The former is nearly attempting to trivialize the whole issue about the two characters who are in love with each other happen to be underage and siblings, on top of various pervy stuff such as Sagiri drawing lewd illustrations using her brothers' acquaintances as "material" (if you know what I mean); meanwhile, the latter show is constantly trivializing molestation (and unwanted one at that!), where the characters having lewd things inflicted upon them are often forced into that role because they lost a game, got sprinkled with a love potion, a girl was being forced to act like a heroine in a hentai visual novel, or even merely because Kiriha's stronger than Kasuya, so she could just have her way with him whether he wanted it or not.

Dunno, just some food for thought.

Berserk (2017) 9

And I know this episode caught a lot of flak for the fucked up CG but it doesn't seem like a lack of effort rather than a lack of time as so much is clearly unfinished work. I don't imagine correction will be monumentally better but this is the nadir of the show's visual quality, even worse than the first ep of S1.

You haven't seen the show at its worse yet. The final episode clearly wasn't ready to air at all.

Narag

You haven't seen the show at its worse yet. The final episode clearly wasn't ready to air at all.

I'm watching the recap right now and having to stretch all the way back to S1 to fill time speaks volumes about the production issues. Especially since there was already a recap for S1 before S2 aired...

Cornbread78

Someone page Verelios.

I sent him a PM

Also, yeah, they are both shit that play to their creators fetishes and their otaku fanbase. I don't think anyone here has bothered trying to defend it or say anything to the contrary...

As I have said many times, this show could have avoided being unwatchable trash had the two main characters not been siblings.
Also the creepy loli stuff.
And the harem.
And the crappy character motivations.

Well, at least it looks like they aren't going to bring them into a physical relationship, which is good.

The weekly "Eromanga would be good if not for X, Y, and Z" never fails to make me chuckle lol

Lol, I'm probably the most guilty of this....

I feel quite bad for Euphemia, poor girl was the hero that world needed and Lelouch's absolute carelessness/arrogance doomed her and everything she was working for. I also feel bad for all those people who died due to his error.
I did have a feeling a moment like this would come though, that he'd lose control of his power. I'd of course been exposed to some of Geass' concepts, like Lelouch's power, even before seeing the show. And playing Super Robot Wars Z3 Part 1 showed him wearing his mask, which I kinda assumed, before knowing anything else about the show, that he couldn't control his power and one day would realize it was so bad he'd have to hide his face from everyone so never to accidentally control anyone. Took awhile but feels kinda cool to actually see that moment hit. I was wondering how things would go bad after Euphemia announced her idea.
Must kill Japanese was pretty 'funny', in the 'and I thought this was over the top before!' kinda way, but the United States of Japan got the bigger laugh outta me lol.

I just remember watching it at work and laughing awkwardly at tge whole situation because on one hand it was so over the top that you had to laugh, but on the other is was disturbing af to watch, so I wasn't quite sure how to react to the whole thing.

Her mom. That really explains some things.

Not really sure what to say about the fact I'm watching this asap whilst Sakura Quest, Grimoire of Zero, and SukaSuka are all on the backburner.

Yeah, you shoul8d fix that, lol.

Cornbread78

Or just admit that I'm finding it more entertaining than those other shows. Otherwise I would have dropped this in preference to something else.

That's my issue with Tsugumomo. It is pretty damn entertaining, but then "those" scenes kick in and you have to roll your eyes, lol.

Aki-at

Sabagebu! - Survival Game Club!: 1

Ow my mouth physically hurts from all the laughing. Schwarzenagger, Jill Valentine cosplay, the insanity of this show is great, I can't believe I just found out about it. Reminds me how I just found out about D-Frag last year and made me a massive fan of the series and wondered why it wasn't more popular, ditto with this show.

Narag

Berserk: Recollections of the Witch

This wasn't even a recap like one would expect as there's no loose thread connecting events, it's just cuts of stuff that may or may not be related. I expected at least the bare minimum of some new Schierke voiceover. This is such a momentum killer too right after Guts gets the Berserker Armor. :lol

I think I could empathize with the fandom a bit more if the production disaster wasn't so clear. Rather it's just an indictment of the increasingly unrealistic demands of the TV anime production model.

Cornbread78

Ow my mouth physically hurts from all the laughing. Schwarzenagger, Jill Valentine cosplay, the insanity of this show is great, I can't believe I just found out about it. Reminds me how I just found out about D-Frag last year and made me a massive fan of the series and wondered why it wasn't more popular, ditto with this show.

You haven't seen anything yet my friend....

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Weird that there is 2x as much MHA discussion once Goldie retires..

We can have an actual conversation about the show now. At any rate, I think the tournament arc is most comparable not to something like the Dark Tournament or the Chunin Exams but rather The Hunter License Exam.

jman2050

Momoka is simply the best.

Syrinx

Aikatsu Stars! 60

Ohh my gooooooooooooooood the hate.

When is somebody beatElza and shatter her ego into a million pieces? This hate can't be good for my blood pressure.

Puruzi

Banned

you're welcome, it only gets better and better

JulianImp

Also, yeah, they are both shit that play to their creators fetishes and their otaku fanbase. I don't think anyone here has bothered trying to defend it or say anything to the contrary...

I wasn't saying that, just that it was interesting because I couldn't sum up my issues with the shows in a single sentence, and I think Mr. Portnow really nailed it when he wrote "we must make sure we aren't celebrating sexual acts without consent, violation of privacy or pressuring people into sexual things they aren't comfortable with", which is what a large portion of anime fanservice often boils down to when used as a comedic element.

Next season looks like it will be horrible for me (I'm not caught up on Monogatari to watch the new season), it may somehow disappoint me worse then this season has. I'm mostly dreading to see how badly they destroy Centaur no Nayami with this adaptation. The director and the studio behind the project don't inspire any confidence; rather they are the main reason I have such extreme worry towards this show.

Next season looks like it will be horrible for me (I'm not caught up on Monogatari to watch the new season), it may somehow disappoint me worse then this season has. I'm mostly dreading to see how badly they destroy Centaur no Nayami with this adaptation. The director and the studio behind the project don't inspire any confidence; rather they are the main reason I have such extreme worry towards this show.

If you think it'll be horrible how can it disappoint you?

Kickz

Atleast My Hero Academy will continue for its second half, but yea other than that...

If you think it'll be horrible how can it disappoint you?

Because it will be a shit adaption of a good series (Centaur is a weird series, one chapter is cute monster girls the next is a history lesson on slavery, pillaging and rape that happened between all the races during their 12th century). Though now thinking about it.....Hajimete no Gal getting an anime adaptation is the worst thing about the summer season. It is one of the handful of mangas that has physically made me angry, it is everything in the medium I despise excluding a few select horrid troupes. I hope the manga burns, the anime burns and those that enjoy it to get a minor heart burn when watching/reading it.

Because it will be a shit adaption of a good series (Centaur is a weird series, one chapter is cute monster girls the next is a history lesson on slavery, pillaging and rape that happened between all the races during their 12th century). Though now thinking about it.....Hajimete no Gal getting an anime adaptation is the worst thing about the summer season. It is one of the handful of mangas that has physically made me angry, it is everything in the medium I despise excluding a few select horrid troupes. I hope the manga burns, the anime burns and those that enjoy it to get a minor heart burn when watching/reading it.

I was thinking about the season as a whole, not Centaur's Worries in particular. I am not optimistic about Centaur's Worries turning out strong myself, though my disappointment was at the staff announcement; I don't think I can possibly be disappointed at the actual anime with my current expectations for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom