• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulBizkit

I just want to say that LWA has far exceeded my initial expectations and monday can't come soon enough.

778412.jpg

I wish for a S3 where the enemy is an outsider to the witch academy

SkyOdin

To this day I still wonder if Rydia from Final Fantasy IV aged up naturally, or experienced a physical growth spurt while still mentally being a ten year old.

Japan seems to think it's the latter (and so do I, which is why I've always NOPED the Rydia/Edward ship).
Being spirited away to a different world where time flows differently is a pretty common story. Rydia definitely spent several years training hyperbolic time chamber style to become a stronger summoner. The idea of her being still mentally ten years old sounds like pure fanfiction.

PaulBizkit

Being spirited away to a different world where time flows differently is a pretty common story. Rydia definitely spent several years training hyperbolic time chamber style to become a stronger summoner. The idea of her being still mentally ten years old sounds like pure fanfiction.

This. Why is this even a question? Time flows differently where she trained.

Yeah, I'm just throwing that possibility out there, especially since Sentai has the license to the series. But I guess we'll get a clearer likelihood if Sentai ends up pulling their catalog from Crunchyroll like they're doing with Hulu.

most of the shows that crunchyroll got that sentai has as well werent licensed from sentai

i'd rather sentai go hidive only than go put more shit on amazon prime

Saekano S2 - 11

Very nice ending to this. Second season actually introduced some drama to the series, and made each and every week matter, whereas the first season just felt like you were watching characters get into comedic harem situations. Don't get me wrong, there was still plenty of that here, but with an actual plot and matter to care about. Really enjoyed this, I wonder if they will go on to make a 3rd season.

zulux21

Get excited
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DC8TAkUXsAMv3H3.jpg:small[IMG][/QUOTE]

why? it will just suck like their other projects.

rising of the shield hero is getting an anime
[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-22/the-rising-of-the-shield-hero-fantasy-novels-get-anime/.117838[/url]

the first 6 books or so are already out in english.
and the first trailer will be out on july 1st.

Cornbread78

Saekano S2 END
Somebody please tell me that the manga is ongoing and there will be more of this! The comedy wasn't as good as the first season, but the content of the show was much more focused and better in S2. They also left things off in a place where they could refocus on a new series focused on Tomoya, Kato and I guess the Cuz comes back as well.

I'm a little salty with Kato for her behavior in this episode though. After ep.10 and on, I thought things were finally going to change for the ship with Tomoya, but nope, she
pulled back and away when she could have cemented things..

LOL as Utaha near the train though... Nice smooth move there...

zulux21

Aniplex made some home video announcements today

SAO S1 and Extra Edition DVD Boxset for $70 (seems very reasonable to me because the Bluray is $160)- https://www.rightstufanime.com/Sword-Art-Online-Box-Set-DVD

Blue Exorcist Movie (Standard Edition re-print) for $40- https://www.rightstufanime.com/Blue-Exorcist-the-Movie-Blu-ray

wow... $70 is only like $10-$20 more than you can spend by importing them from EU on blu ray :p (well next month if I recall right as that is when the new cheap sets release in EU)

blurr

I just realised these episodes were 12 minute shorts and not full 24 minute episodes...

Koyomimonogatari 03

This is not the Ononoki Arc.

Koyomimonogatari 04

There was a Gahara though.

Koyomimonogatari 05

There was a Kaiki Deshuu and he actually had something interesting to say.

And of course, Miyuki Sawashiro. I love Kanbaru.

Koyomimonogatari 06

White lies exist.

Koyomimonogatari 07

White lies exist.

It's clear the only reason these episodes existed was to remind me that I still like the overall ambience of the show. No other reason.

are sentai dubs actually available somewhere else?

if not... people who want to watch sentai dubs and do it legally?

Only other place you can watch a few Sentai dubs is naturally Anime Strike. But seriously, Sentai is like second to Funimation in the number of anime they license so them walling off their catalog to HIDIVE and Anime Strike would be pretty major.

Get excited
DC8TAkUXsAMv3H3.jpg:small

kewlmyc

Saekano S2 END

Somebody please tell me that the manga is ongoing and there will be more of this! The comedy wasn't as good as the first season, but the content of the show was much more focused and better in S2. They also left things off in a place where they could refocus on a new series focused on Tomoya, Kato and I guess the Cuz comes back as well.

I'm a little salty with Kato for her behavior in this episode though. After ep.10 and on, I thought things were finally going to change for the ship with Tomoya, but nope, she
pulled back and away when she could have cemented things..

LOL as Utaha near the train though... Nice smooth move there...

The novels are still going, though I hear it's about to end. There's 12 volumes and 3 inbetween volumes told from the girls perspective.

Rindou Cometh.*

I wonder how they will approach this. They've got like 100 chapters to adapt and 90 of them is pretty much one arc that still has ways to go. Even with 24 episodes it seems like they will have to end it at some middle stopgap point.

Jez...

surely they'll at least have Erina recognize that her past chef trainer was Soma's dead? And that Elite 10 gets heavily involved?

Because it gets tiring to have that stuff teased from very early on just to nothing ever develop -_-

Cornbread78

Armed Girl's Machiavellism- END
Oh, so THAT is why she was so mad? ugghh, WTF. I guess stupid fun is stupid fun. At least they stayed pretty consistent with that logic through the entire season.

The novels are still going, though I hear it's about to end. There's 12 volumes and 3 inbetween volumes told from the girls perspective.

Enough to make a 3rd season, or just enough for a movie/OVAs?

SOLDIER

This. Why is this even a question? Time flows differently where she trained.

She has a line that says "I think my body grew a little", suggesting that she hadn't noticed the change (or maybe she lost track of time).

There was also an epilogue quest in the GBA version where she gets de-powered, and is turned back into a little girl.

I dunno, I always found it harder to believe she spent something like ten years in a cave and somehow ended up a perfectly groomed knockout instead of Female Gau.

phaze

Jez...

surely they'll at least have Erina recognize that her past chef trainer was Soma's dead? And that Elite 10 gets heavily involved?

Because it gets tiring to have that stuff teased from very early on just to nothing ever develop -_-

Well as far as the second goes, yeah, Elite 10 are one of the main parts, though its really only now that the heavyweights got themselves involved in Shokugekis.

Regarding Erina, (read further only if you really want to spoil yourself: )
also yes.
In general, there is quite a bit of her and her circumstances in this arc.

Well as far as the second goes, yeah, Elite 10 are one of the main parts, though its really only now that the heavyweights got themselves involved in Shokugekis.

Regarding Erina, (read further only if you really want to spoil yourself: )
also yes.
In general, there is quite a bit of her and her circumstances in this arc.

Neat. Though I expect that all that is likely going to be drowned in other content I won't care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom