• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Birdy the Mighty: Decode 02 1-12 [END]

Holy shit, that was fantastic. It's one of those times that S2 is vastly superior to S1. The writing was actually compelling, the flashbacks were executed very satisfyingly providing a lot of context and background information on the characters, and I fucking loved Nataru's arc. The series managed to have a far more mature tone, without abandoning its core aspects though, making the show a lot more interesting. And on top of those, the action animation was a lot more dynamic compared to S1, some really fantastic cuts, especially on the flashback and the last episode. All in all, this was unexpectedly great. Too bad there's no more of Decode, as after 02 I think this is my favourite superhero anime.

Also, the ED was adorable.

I just googled Chomusuke

OwOig16.png

godisntheradio

Neo Member
i just googled "summer anime 2017 ot" and found out i'll only be watching owarimonogatari s2 and new game s2. Is there anything else i should keep an eye for?

Hamst3r

Just finished watching the first entry on my shows I watched as a kid list. Went with The Littl' Bits, as it was one of the shorter shows at only 26 episodes. Did I remember any of it? Almost none of it. I remembered bits and pieces out of maybe 2 or 3 episodes. I was really young when this was on TV. Anyway, overall I enjoyed it. Gives me hope for the other kids shows on my list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guBUlVehjRs

Cornbread78

Fukumenkei Noise ep.11
That was pretty damn good. The tone, the music, the dialog was all really well done. It's also pretty interesting that I have no idea how they finish it off and who will "win"

I'm routing for my boy Yuzu here... fuck Momo and his moody tsundere ass.

Bastard sensei ep.4

Hmm, this image was just plain stupid. The episode wasn't as bad as last week, but that blatant "go read the LN" build up at the end. Fuck that...

And I also couldn't help but laugh at that super contrived clip?/image?. I braced myself for a "read the LN" ending because they hadn't explained basically any of the questions the story raised, so it wasn't surprising, but yeah, it sucks.

Fukumenkei Noise ep.11

That was pretty damn good. The tone, the music, the dialog was all really well done. It's also pretty interesting that I have no idea how they finish it off and who will "win"

I'm routing for my boy Yuzu here... fuck Momo and his moody tsundere ass.

I feel like we're totally on the same wavelengths with both of these haha. Seriously, fuck Momo, Yuzu is almost too good for Momo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon 14

GyoiBQ9.jpg

Look at that cute little Snowball, so pleased about freezing its master.

This show keeps delivering the most adorable and hilarious character art episode after episode. I don't know how anyone could watch this without smiling.

LotusHD

Banned
Gigguk is probably the best anime related youtuber out there (that isn't TFS). He produces some funny stuff.

Also lol at the random Konosuba LN spoilers on this page.

Lol I watched the AoT video, then Tokyo Ghoul, and now the Eromanga is a modern masterpiece one. Funny shit, and wow Eromanga is uhh, it's something all right.

you know for a show that loves to circlejerk over suffering I'm sure the obsession with Amelia and putting Rem on a pedestal is some 'the deepest lore' shit.

Lol

I need to catch up, it's the first time I've been into the Pokemon anime in forever. Can't believe I dismissed the new art style at first lol

thats kinda hard with the lack of good subs past ep 23 which is a shame since i've been really enjoying watch the subs, but at this is going the dub will past the good subs soon, so i might just switch to the dub

Line_HTX

This year's 30th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is revealing on Monday that the Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma anime is getting a third season that will premiere this fall. The issue reveals that the anime is titled: Shokugeki no Sōma: San no Sara (Food Wars! The Third Plate). The new anime will follow the battle against the Council of Ten.

Fuck yes, give me that Third Plate and MOAR Miss Erina.

Ascheroth

I wonder how much that season is going to cover.
Also, season 2 was basically fast-forward and very disappointing, so I hope this will be more in-line with season 1. Still have to watch half of S2.
And if it covers all of that arc, I hope they take some leeway with the material, because there are some easy 'fixes' that could be made.

Loona

Preview for Re:Creators episode 12 - tag line "Be desperate and draw something fascinating"

Looks like Blitz's author is getting a bit more focus this time, and based on the scene (which seems to take place in the same room where the last episode ended), I wonder if she experienced something similar to Setsuna and will be able to provide some alternate perspective on Sota's concerns - the use of a pseudonym that makes people assume she's male might be a factor.

The show often takes its time giving characters some proper focus even if they've been present almost in the background for several episodes, bit for the most time it ended up paying off, like the scene with Rui in the previous episode... feels a bit off at times, but so far it's still a net positive for me.

Quasar

Woah. Kind of a surprise. Wasn't expecting that since S2 didn't really do so well.

I was worried when S2 was a short season. I half expected it to continue on as OVAs.

Wonder if S3 will be short too.

Am trying to work out what arc is being covered. "battle against the Council of Ten" sounds like part of the current manga arc.

Tunoku

Gave up on finding anything good to binge from this season, so I decided to dig into my backlog and started watching Silver Spoon. What a delight this show is. It instantly sold me on the cast and the general vibe of the show. I read that the manga stopped for some reason, though? That's a bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom