• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I never understood with Naruto's Hokage/family situation was that previous Hokages did not seem to rush has much. Sure they did not have families, but they did seem less occupied. I guess it's maybe a post-war situation and the fact that they are lots of cross-village relationships now.

Moaradin

I do seem to remember the Third Hokage being busy a lot and that was the reason Konohamaru was acting like a little shit all the time.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kado Episode 3

What is this most curious thing called Kado? Honestly, it is the hidden gem of the season in my estimation. I really how they are tackling the issue of language and meaning, don't often see that in fiction, reminds me of my college speech classes actually.

blurr

Kado: The Right Answer 02

This strongly reminds me of Godzilla Resurgence over its crisis approach. I'm a bit bummed that it didn't start off with the OP but I suppose it will be back in the next episode.

Moe Scientist is really jarring within the tone and pace of the show. I'm amazed everyone can tolerate her. She seems like a comic relief and to that end, she somewhat delivers but nevertheless stands out a bit too much.

Also, I've never seen such good looking 3DCG machinery in motion.

You guys are tempting me to check out Tsuki ga kirei. I may check out the first episode tonight to see what's up. Whenever I see comments like "the season's hidden gem", my eyes open up, cuz this season is so flat for me

John Blade

Watching Ai Nanasaki arc right now (Ep 15) and I can see why some people love this arc as it feel more realistic when you watching it. Also, the scene

ai-ramen.jpg

Cornbread78

Nana ep.32
Ya know,
Takumi
just shocked the $hit outta me two episodes in a row, there is no way this nice guy act holds up, is there? This is crazy stuff..

Kado: The Right Answer 02

This strongly reminds me of Godzilla Resurgence over its crisis approach. I'm a bit bummed that it didn't start off with the OP but I suppose it will be back in the next episode.

Moe Scientist is really jarring within the tone and pace of the show. I'm amazed everyone can tolerate her. She seems like a comic relief and to that end, she somewhat delivers but nevertheless stands out a bit too much.

Also, I've never seen such good looking 3DCG machinery in motion.

I thought this too, but people were way more ready to compare it to Arrival. But I agree I got a real Godzilla vibe from the way events unfolded.

John Blade

That's one tasty ramen, heh heh heh

I know what you mean. Remember the butter to make it even more tasty to eat....heh heh heh.

Just finish the episode and big scene at the end in the swimming pool is powerful I have to say. Help push the development of the MC and the main girl much better. Welp, off to the final episode for this arc.

zulux21

It's still in line with other shows like Time Bokan that were considered to have good ratings right? it's still good. I mean, of course I want it to do OP and DBS numbers too.

I mean the numbers are good in general, just not good for that time slot.
my point being that MHA despite being better than the other two shows isn't getting really any more viewers than the garbage shows, which could hurt its chances of a second season or more so a second season with that time slot which in turn could easily hurt the future budget for the series.

Anime always makes ramen look tastier than I actually think it is. Course I've never had anything higher tier than regular Maruchan ramen noodles so what the hell do I know?

Sterok

Twin Angel Break 3

So the hedgehog is a human taking the form of a hedgehog because reasons. Her mission, rescue her captured teammates. Still pretty bog standard overall. Sumire Likes her brother that way. He's also Tuxedo Kamen. And totally dead now. Definitely. No hope for survival there.

I mean the numbers are good in general, just not good for that time slot.
my point being that MHA despite being better than the other two shows isn't getting really any more viewers than the garbage shows, which could hurt its chances of a second season or more so a second season with that time slot which in turn could easily hurt the future budget for the series.

I mean if Time Bokan got a second season with similar ratings, I don't see why MHA wouldn't. Also it's rating has been going up every week. It started at 3.3 to now be at 3.9. Anyway what do you mean by good numbers for that time slot? These numbers are just so volatile it's hard to know. Also we talk numbers but we have no idea what Shuiesha is aiming for.

blurr

I thought this too, but people were way more ready to compare it to Arrival. But I agree I got a real Godzilla vibe from the way events unfolded.

I can see why it would be compared to The Arrival in terms of the setup and the idea of 'negotiations' but this episode's pace and tone feels closer to Resurgence.

Over here we have this place called Kinton Ramen. That place was what cemented my love for a good bowl of noodles soup. The bowls are delicious, massive and super cheap.

zulux21

I mean if Time Bokan got a second season with similar ratings, I don't see why MHA wouldn't. Also it's rating has been going up every week. It started at 3.3 to now be at 3.9. Anyway what do you mean by good numbers for that time slot? These numbers are just so volatile it's hard to know. Also we talk numbers but we have no idea what Shuiesha is aiming for.

I'm not sure where i am losing you.

the time slot that MHA is airing in is one of the best time slots to air in period. even garbage shows get the ratings MHA is getting. Even shows that have little budget like ace attorney or ultimate otaku teacher still pull the ratings MHA is getting.

logically if you are a business and you can attract the same amount of viewers whether you put on episodes of a cheap to make show, or a more expensive to make show which one do you choose? The cheap one of course.

that's the main thing I am trying to say. You can't just look at the ratings of MHA and see it is in the top ten list and assume that is good in general. That slot always preforms great thanks to detective conan drawing people in that airs after it. Most of the time the shows that get that time slot are 24-26 episodes (aka what MHA is getting this time around) but if MHA isn't performing above the other shows that have been in that slot then there is little reason to give it that slot again meaning that the third season could see a reduced budget or reduced episode count in a different time slot later.

AKA good numbers in general, but not good numbers for that time slot.

as for time bokan, it was also likely a lot cheaper to make than MHA. so it's not a good example to keep track of. I mean it happens all the time in american TV as well where shows getting better ratings get cancelled over other shows because the lower rated shows are much cheaper to make.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Time Bokan (Yatterman is part of it) has been going since 1975. It's had a bit more than just a second series.

I'm not sure where i am losing you.

AKA good numbers in general, but not good numbers for that time slot.

as for time bokan, it was also likely a lot cheaper to make than MHA. so it's not a good example to keep track of. I mean it happens all the time in american TV as well where shows getting better ratings get cancelled over other shows because the lower rated shows are much cheaper to make.

You are not losing me. Of course I get what you mean. What I am asking is what are the good numbers you want? consistent 5%? Something like DBS? or OP? because from my perspective 4% is not bad. Of course my knowledge is limited.

Also I was pretty sure Time Bokan was a pretty big Japanese show.

zulux21

You are not losing me. Of course I get what you mean. What I am asking is what are the good numbers you want? consistent 5%? Something like DBS? or OP? because from my perspective 4% is not bad. Of course my knowledge is limited.

Also I was pretty sure Time Bokan was a pretty big Japanese show.

would prefer to see it closer to conan numbers.
but either way, I am glad the show has 2 cour this time around and it will be fun to watch regardless :p

Boruto Next Generations 3

Anyone else think show is just depressing as hell?

I mean, for all the shit Naruto went through in his youth and for all his dreams of becoming Hokage and gaining the respect and admiration of his peers, now that he's made it he has become yet another absent father enslaved to his workplace

Naruto only stays late because Sasuke is the other hokage, there was a great r18 sasunaru dj created about this.

John Blade

amagami-ai-nanasaki.jpg

If I want a realistic character development of some sort of a love relationship between a male and a female, this arc might be the closest to it. Ai Nanasaki Arc have some of the better story development between Ai Nanasaki and Junichi and you see two big one from this four part episodes which work quite well. An ending which might be the best I have see as of now (two more girls to go for me before I can say if it's the best or not).

For Ai Nanasaki, she might be the lady for you if you like a lady who have the athletic look and have a humble personalities....if you're not too pervert. Also like Sae Nakata, I think she is those type of girls who will felt in love with you if you put the effort to show your love to her as you can see during this arc when Junichi help her in quite a few things.
536c15d81f50210e89e25e87523d636ac1e52757_hq.gif

Sword Art Online Abridged 11 [END]

Four years of following and watching this and I gotta say... this is easily better than anything Reki could've ever thought of for the show. They actually made the end of the first arc have more emotional and gratifying than the actual show could ever hope to achieve.

Great effort from the abridgers. Many quotable things throughout their first 11 episodes. Hoping they go for a second season.

Sakura Quest 03

This is so goddamn boring its mind numbing. Episodes feel like they last forever, yet there isnt a single thing to attach to.

Seven Mortal Sins 02

C99vcJyUwAA1UUU.jpg

I know what you are thinking, but its actually Dragon's Dogma

The protagonist is just Zero from Drakengard 3 and it owns

Wood Man

Goemon Ishikawa's Spray of Blood

Cool to see Goemon take more of a central role. Lots of meat slicing going on and Fujiko with a bong.

Ray Down

Banned
The thing I never understood with Naruto's Hokage/family situation was that previous Hokages did not seem to rush has much. Sure they did not have families, but they did seem less occupied. I guess it's maybe a post-war situation and the fact that they are lots of cross-village relationships now.

It more Kishi made Naruto into a self insert for himself.

Doesn't make any difference. Actual TV ratings for anything other than prime time and daytime super mainstream shows are -completely- irrelevant today in terms of business.

To be fair, My Hero Academia is airing in a prime time/daytime TV anime slot, although ratings for those in general are in a death spiral.

Szadek

Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul - Ep. 3
"FAVAROOOOOOO!"
I knew something was missing.

That one dude certainly looked like the King, but I don't get what he was doing there.
Too bad that we have to wait another week for the fallen angel + dragon vs humans fight scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom