• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces Dragon Quest Heroes 2 for PS3/PS4/Vita

ZhugeEX

Banned
If the first game just missed 1m sales in Japan then based on Musou trends previously I don't expect the second game to exceed 500k, especially if it comes out in the next 6 months.

Takao

Banned
Didn't that game bomb?

I doubt we'll be getting it tbh.

I'm 50:50 on the localization potential of bombas. Part of me thinks the publishers will do a cheap localization in an attempt to recoup costs. The other part of me thinks the game gets written off as those involved might think no interest in Japan clearly means no interest in the west. Every prior Chaos Rings game was localized, so who knows.

I'm 50:50 on the localization potential of bombas. Part of me thinks the publishers will do a cheap localization in an attempt to recoup costs. The other part of me thinks the game gets written off as those involved might think no interest in Japan clearly means no interest in the west. Every prior Chaos Rings game was localized, so who knows.

I guess this will be a good demonstration on what SE's course of action is with bombas...

But considering they're not very keen on localizing many games, I won't really expect it.

jiggle

Not surprised
Verendus leaked it recently
The brevity is surprising though

Really curious what is the other franchise collab
Probably FF, but with whom
Since he confirmed the FF spinoff he mentioned was Dissidia

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=151158851
Dragon Quest Heroes isn't happening because Square Enix was smart enough to think to do it. It's happening because someone gave the nudge to Koei, and helped make it happen. It's not like there'll only be one DQH either, or that it's the only franchise that'll necessarily be taken advantage of in this manner, but it's a way to create opportunity there and build more revenue. This is an example of a deal where it's going to be beneficial for all parties involved. That's just a spin-off. Why wouldn't more care and thought be put into a potential business deal involving such a huge brand like Dragon Quest, and an actual mainline title?

Hexa

Not surprised
Verendus leaked it recently
The brevity is surprising though

Really curious what is the other franchise collab
Probably FF, but with whom
Since he confirmed the FF spinoff he mentioned was Dissidia

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=151158851

WHAT!? Verendus is banned again? Why? Was he trolling Nintendo fans again? God damn it. :(
Edit: Was it over the 'white people' thing? Also I don't know who I'm talking to and sorry for being off topic but thanks if you reply.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Seeing as how there's like a new Musou/Warriors game once a month this super early confirmation of a sequel to ones not really surprising! Musou & Theatrhythm may not be my types of games but its still cool to see SE finally doing alil more with DQ spinoffs than they did in the past.

18-Volt

It sells decently in japan. They probably wont localize the Vita version though.

Us Vita fans are pretty vocal, though. If they somehow decide not to bring we would have petitions or campaigns about it.

But I think it'll come, I mean they're even bringing One Piece PW3 Vita version. Nobody cares about PS3, they can skip that one.

If "almost same" means "half", then you're right.

My bad, I meant PS4.

Shauni

I'm curious about this, so I'll hope for the next one they'll bring out the Vita and PS3 ports, so I can play them.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'm curious about this, so I'll hope for the next one they'll bring out the Vita and PS3 ports, so I can play them.

Considering they did not do it for the first title, would not get ones hopes up for the next in regards to a PS3 version brought out unfortunately. Unless there is such a massive outcry for it. But with how the market is in the West and the massive userbase the PS4 already has, do not think they will even need to bother really. In the West it most def seems more like the PS3 has been wound down and the masses all want PS4 stuff. Where in Japan it still has to be on the PS3 due to the userbase has not moved over to the PS4 yet.

Could see a PS4 / PSV (digital) version coming out though.

Prelude.

Seeing how they are only bringing the PS4 version over that's a given.
The Vita is not a PS3, there's way, way less overlapping.

And it's not like they skipped the Vita version of FFX/X-2 (which sold fairly well in NA) just because it was on PS3. But hey, it's SE, so who knows?

Ray Down

Banned

Not happening, seeing how they aren't with the first release and PS3 sales will be even worse when it eventually comes out.

Ray Down

Banned
The Vita is not a PS3, there's way, way less overlapping.

And it's not like they skipped the Vita version of FFX/X-2 (which sold fairly well in NA) just because it was on PS3. But hey, it's SE, so who knows?

Sales have gotten worse for those systems and see how DQ isn't a big name in the west like FF makes it even less likely they will bring all versions.

Shauni

I am aware of what happened in regard to them dropping the PS3 version for localization, but I'm still going to hope for it anyway.

Bitanator

As long as the games get localized on Vita, so be it, I'm up for support. Don't burn me Square like Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 3, Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry no Wonderland/Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca's Marvelous Mysterious Key, and Dragon Quest VII

Prelude.

Sales have gotten worse for those systems and see how DQ isn't a big name in the west like FF makes it even less likely they will bring all versions.
They won't bring the PS3 version, that's for sure, I'm talking about the Vita's. And can you back up your claim that Vita games are selling less now than in 2014?

Kandinsky

I can totally see it now, Vita is getting a serious effort, with decent budget and not chibi art FF Explorers game, can't wait!.

Ray Down

Banned
They won't bring the PS3 version, that's for sure, I'm talking about the Vita's. And can you back up your claim that Vita games are selling less now than in 2014?

With no major releases for it in the west, I can't imagine sales being better last year.

Prelude.

With no major releases for it in the west, I can't imagine sales being better last year.
In the same timeframe, of course, I'm not comparing 3 months of 2015 to a full year. And I don't know what you consider a major release but it's still getting a lot of localizations and we know of recent success stories like SAO or Danganronpa.

sense

It's a shame, but I'm sure they'll stick to PS4-only in the West and continue ignoring the Vita as they are.

what makes you think they will ignore the vita? a lot of games are coming over. yes i agree they are probably not developing anything in house for vita could be a reason but they tried in the initial years and they weren't worth it for them to invest in big budget titles for vita. it sucks but thats reality. atleast they continue to get smaller games to come to vita on a consistent basis.

Looks like sony has a hand in dqh coming over only for ps4 to get people to upgrade and also ps3 is dying a quick death worldwide so I am sure they will have them bring out the ps vita version of the second one as well. vita games for the majority have been localized and doesn't cannibalize ps4 sales.

Prelude.

Looks like sony has a hand in dqh coming over only for ps4 to get people to upgrade and also ps3 is dying a quick death worldwide so I am sure they will have them bring out the ps vita version of the second one as well. vita games for the majority have been localized.
I don't think Sony has ANYTHING to do with the Vita version.

18-Volt

It's a shame, but I'm sure they'll stick to PS4-only in the West and continue ignoring the Vita as they are.

They are certainly not ignoring the system. Just recently they released Deadman's Cross for vita out of nowhere. Expect anything.

sense

I don't think Sony has ANYTHING to do with the Vita version.

i am not saying that. i probably should have worded it better. i believe they are involved in the decision for the first game to only come out on ps4 in the west. when the second game comes around and is also on vita they will urge square to bring out the vita version as well because it doesn't hurt ps4 sales.

Prelude.

i am not saying that. i probably should have worded it better. i believe they are involved in the decision for the first game to only come out on ps4 in the west. when the second game comes around and is also on vita they will urge square to bring out the vita version as well because it doesn't hurt ps4 sales.
Oh, well then they won't have ANYTHING to do with the Vita version. You can remote play it after all, what's the point? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Amir0x

Banned
It was going to happen regardless.

Yeah I mean I expected eventually, but it's just so soon after DQ Heroes came out in JPN (it's not even out in US yet) that I was surprised to see they'd do it already. Was it that successful?

Bebpo

Banned
So this is definitely real now, not an April's Fools joke?

I don't know. It's hard to believe it's real since the previous game just came out and the previous game was rushed and didn't even get a full dev cycle according to the Koei guy who said he was given 18 months.
You'd think the next game would take some time. Also the II in the logo looks kind of bad.

But then it's SE and it's impossible to understand anything they do anymore, so maybe it's real.

Top Bottom