• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces its Jump Festa lineup

Petrarca

Banned
Avalon said:
Isn't that a bit of the added scene from the BR version?

yup that's the additional scenes :D

Sephiroth's sword must be really strong. Cloud is at least 140 pounds and that buster sword is at least 70 pounds, so that's 200+ pounds at the tip of a 7 ft sword

linsivvi

Baryn said:
It's just a hunch, but Crystal Chronicles has probably gone back to the drawing board a couple times, since it was announced before everyone got excited about Pokemon BR's DS connectivity.

Yeah. chances are they won't show Crystal Chronicle DS until the Wii version is ready for a demo, since it is very likely SE is aiming for a simultaneous release of the games on both platform, and when the resurface, they will be showing the connectivity between the two platforms.

Terrell

I actually thought that they were just holding off on Crystal Chronicles while they hyped up their first Wii title. Once DQ Swords hits the scene, we'll likely see a lot more of this game.

Avalon

Petrarca said:
yup that's the additional scenes :D

Sephiroth's sword must be really strong. Cloud is at least 140 pounds and that buster sword is at least 70 pounds, so that's 200+ pounds at the tip of a 7 ft sword

He does the same damn thing in the game.

The FFCC sequels were just announced well before development actually started (less than a year ago), for political reasons I guess. Similar situation with Crisis Core.

Awesome, I hope RW looks great. I hope they announce some new games (or ports... FFVIIDS?! ;)) as well.

And lol at no Crisis Core. Crisis Core DS ftw!?

Monk

Banned
I got to say, W T F are SE thinking in displaying DQ Wii at the jump festa people? Am I wrong in thinking thaqt these people are hardcore? It was designed for non gamers mainly and if anything there will only be bad publicity for it. They need to show it at a nintendo event there in Japan.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Monk said:
I got to say, W T F are SE thinking in displaying DQ Wii at the jump festa people? Am I wrong in thinking thaqt these people are hardcore? It was designed for non gamers mainly and if anything there will only be bad publicity for it. They need to show it at a nintendo event there in Japan.
buh?

duckroll

Monk said:

Hardcore? Jump Festa has an attendance of mostly kids you know. :p

duckroll

KGKK said:
About time, psp deserves at least a couple of more sales.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. It's going to be playable, but they didn't say it was really coming out! You can't buy what isn't being sold! :lol

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
duckroll said:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. It's going to be playable, but they didn't say it was really coming out! You can't buy what isn't being sold! :lol

=((((

Q1 2007 Believe.

Mar

NintendosBooger said:
Guess I'm a bitch then.

Heh. You copped some harsh criticism in this thread. To be expected I guess, seeing as this thread is basically FF fanboy territory.

I have to say though you aren't alone. However I differ in your opinions of 'the old games were better' in that I've just never liked the theme. Techno fantasy themes just don't work for me for some reason. I have also noticed that of late the characters are becoming more and more anime styled. I mean, do any of the guys even look like guys anymore?

I look forward to FF3 on DS (still hasn't come out here in Aus yet). Other than that, I look forward to seeing what all these other games turn out like.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
- Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
- Crisis Core (PSP)
- Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings (NDS)
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (NDS)
- Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (Wii)
It's like everyone wins, but the 360. Hope they show what they're working on for it soon. Even the red headed step child of the industry (PSP) is getting some love there.

Also, Front Mission 1st DS exists. It appears that apart from an additional playable character from FM5 and the usual dual screen and control goodies, it's just Playstation FM1. But hey, SRPG love; even if it's probably a TOSE port job.

I hope FM2 gets on the Playstation Network, that way I could play it without those goddamn loading times.

Tabris

duckroll said:

Oh wait, they're back to "lol, vaporware".

Gotta wait until it's released before they go to the nomura sucks/everything after nintendo ff's sucks/etc deal.

Tabris said:
Oh wait, they're back to "lol, vaporware".

Gotta wait until it's released before they go to the nomura sucks/everything after nintendo ff's sucks/etc deal.

Did you just call ducky a PSP hater? Oh, Tabris... :lol

And not to burst your bubble, but how many FFVII spinoffs were actually good?

Nossato

Nice list. I wonder if I'll ever touch a console now that all this handheld goodness is on the way. I did want more Crystal Chronicles info though.

Amir0x

Banned
Wishing for a new SaGa is the ultimate form of russian roulette. You may end up with awesome like Romancing SaGa, or you may end up with Unlimited SaGa. Who knows! YOU RISK IT!

Btw, KH2 Final Mix is KH2 International + KH CoM remake?

I would want to get CoM remake but if they are going to bundle them and sell it at full price...I would skip it (until bargain deal). Well, thats if they bother to bring it at all...

Front Mission 1st there too, now it only lacks FFCC, I suppose they are not coming that soon.

I hope to see 1 or 2 new games announcements in a magazine though (and to be shown in the festa too).

Is KH2FM even going to end up localized?

But a crappy SE rpg is > good other rpgs right?

You know, it's not like it's an actual rule or anything that your posts have to be coherent, but it'd be a pretty good idea to try it out once in a while, don't you think.

Tabris

duckroll said:
Yes! Because I'm the world's biggest DS fan and a total PSP hater! :lol

The arguement may have been pointed to the wrong person but the point still stands against the group I was speaking of.

Tabris said:
The arguement may have been pointed to the wrong person but the point still stands against the group I was speaking of.

Did the idea that maybe people are calling Crisis Core vaporware because it has all the standard features of vaporware (long-ass development, little or no info released, most/all screens taken from cutscenes, overpromising on features, etc.) and not because of some insane bias brain disease occur to you? Maybe the fact that duckroll is the one pushing the argument should be some evidence of this?

Also, did you forget that there was just as much consensus that FF III for DS was vaporware until we got a sudden huge reveal about it?

LJ11

charlequin said:
Did the idea that maybe people are calling Crisis Core vaporware because it has all the standard features of vaporware (long-ass development, little or no info released, most/all screens taken from cutscenes, overpromising on features, etc.) and not because of some insane bias brain disease occur to you? Maybe the fact that duckroll is the one pushing the argument should be some evidence of this?

Also, did you forget that there was just as much consensus that FF III for DS was vaporware until we got a sudden huge reveal about it?

Fable 2 confirmed vaporware.

Top Bottom