• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix ask you what do you want in 2013

Juice

That's not Square's IP.

That's the ... joke?

ron-burgundy-20100901113857334.jpg

Miutsu

Let's turn the tables then. I bet you that Versus WILL show up. If not, then avatar of your choice for a month.

I want to see more of versus already but it would be interesting to see kagari with an avatar of something else other than the Versus gal...

Rflagg

all games for consoles/pc when possible

Finish
Final Fantasy Versus
Final Fantasy X HD

announce
New final fantasy tactics
New Star Ocean game
New Final fantasy with airship/worldmap/old school setting/prefer turn based turn based combat

Go_Ly_Dow

Would be nice to know whether the results from this fan begging will actually reach the ears of people who can make decisions within the company.

Probably not and if so then they shouldn't even bother asking.

Glass Rebel

What do I want from Square-Enix in 2013?

Japan

Final Fantasy V and/or VI Remakes for Vita and/or 3DS
Flying Fairy 3DS EU localization
Final Fantasy Versus XIII PC Version

Europe

Hitman: Contracts on Steam
Thi4f by Eidos Montreal to be pure stealth
Tomb Raider not to be 90% Tombcharted

I will get 1, 2 at most. Or, more likely, none at all.

redcrayon

Bravely Default for the summer, DQVII for next spring, and for Square-Enix to draw a line under FFXIII and it's pisspoor cast, convoluted storyline and spinoffs. No more Lightning and co, please.

Ronian

Neo Member
Seiken Densetsu III Eshop Western Release
The World ends with you II 3DS
Bravely Default & Dragon Quest VII Western Release

luca1980

Banned
Bravely and dq7 Europe announcement.
Than announce a vagrant story remake with the same spirit of the tactics ogre remake and Matsuno at helm.
And please a hint on a work of the long lost ex ff12 team. After all these years at least ....
Wada and toryiama fired would be nice also

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I want versus xiii. Only change I need is for them to change the main character Noctis to Lightning and Stella to Lightning. Lightning.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Not more than what they already can give me. This means ARR and Lightning Returns in 2013, plus a western release for BD (3ds) and Type-0 (HD remaster on PS3), and a release window with full reveal of Versus XIII. It'll be cool too if in this same year they announce HD remasters for FFX and FFXII. Somehow, I don't think all this can't happen at all, I'm fairly positive and I expect all this to happen before next December.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
They mention Type 0 because:

1.Of me.
2.It's a good game.
3.GILGAMESH is in it.
4.My support topic.
5.Feels like Final Fantasy.
6.King is awesome.
7.Kurasame's so cool.
8.Victory Fanfare plays when you level up.
9.GILGAMESH is in it.
10.Because I'm awesome.
11.It needs it's subseries.
12.And GILGAMESH is in it.

Toth

At that moment, what exactly IS SE's announced 2013 lineup?

Lightning Returns - Summer at least

Tomb Raider - March?

Anything else....?

Perfo

Lightning Returns - Summer at least

Tomb Raider - March?

For the west or Japan? Or else they're schedule is quite busy. Tomb Raider on March, so Kingdom Hearts HD. Dragon Quest VII just before those two and a Realm Reborn on summer. Lightning Returns and probably another un-announced title to be released around December.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Square enix could easily get the love of the vita community by making 2 easy and not so expensive tasks:

1)localize type 0. It is an incredible game, its localization is way less expensive and risky than making a new game on any platform.

2)make a new dissidia. The game has no real story, no world, no monsters etc, gameplay is already here, reuse the models from relative ps2 and ps3 games and add detail to the other models and you get a new dissidia, getting all the love(and money) of vita owners with relatively little effort.

PS:
but after those i want a vita native ff type 1!

Toth

For the west or Japan? Or else they're schedule is quite busy. Tomb Raider on March, so Kingdom Hearts HD. Dragon Quest VII just before those two and a Realm Reborn on summer. Lightning Returns and probably another un-announced title to be released around December.

West of course Perfo lol. They have a decent slate there but here.....pretty barren.

2San

Can someone explain the Gilgamesh thing/joke to me? I wasn't aware he was that popular of a character?

nasos_333

Square enix could easily get the love of the vita community by making 2 easy and not so expensive tasks:

1)localize type 0. It is an incredible game, its localization is way less expensive and risky than making a new game on any platform.

2)make a new dissidia. The game has no real story, no world, no monsters etc, gameplay is already here, reuse the models from relative ps2 and ps3 games and add detail to the other models and you get a new dissidia, getting all the love(and money) of vita owners with relatively little effort.

I think the problem is not so much the localization, as the risk of doing a retail release on a platform like Vita

If Vita had 25 million hardware sales like 3DS would make more sense, but with the current sales i doubt they would do it

Bravely Default on the other hand is an easy choice, 25 million systems to sell to and a huge come back for old school 2D RPG goodness

There is a reason FF7-8-9 are considered masterpieces and that is not because they are 3D games :)

I think the problem is not so much the localization, as the risk of doing a retail release on a platform like Vita

If Vita had 25 million hardware sales like 3DS would make more sense, but with the current sales i doubt they would do it

Bravely Default on the other hand is an easy choice, 25 million systems to sell to and a huge come back for old school 2D RPG goodness

There is a reason FF7-8-9 are considered masterpieces and that is not because they are 3D games :)

They could release it on PSN and both psp and vita players could play it. It's beneath them to do it, that's why it's not happening.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

I was not clear(it's already the second time in an hour! :( ), i was not suggesting a vita version of type 0, type 0 could be released for psp and psn only, vita owners will love(and pay) square enix anyway.

Perfo

West of course Perfo lol. They have a decent slate there but here.....pretty barren.

If they do intend taking Type-0, KH HD and BD to the West, this is the year in which they can do it. So those could be two titles released here at this time. A Realm Reborn and Lightning Returns are more or less granted to be released in this same year in the west too, so Tomb Raider. What remains to be seen is Dragon Quest VII (forget about X) and whatever-else they have to announce will make for this year (I'm thinking at FFX HD). Plus, surely something is coming from the other Eidos studios that have been silent for some time.

All I want anyway is FF. Just FF. Only FF, forever FF. In any form and any platform!

nasos_333

I was not clear(it's already the second time in an hour! :( ), i was not suggesting a vita version of type 0, type 0 could be released for psp and psn only, vita owners will love(and pay) square enix anyway.

I see, surly that would make a lot more sense

In fact i would buy a used cheap PSP to play it probably

My main priority though is Bravely Default because of the 2D art and old school systems i so much love

nasos_333

Announced so far?

- FINAL FANTASY XI: Seekers of Adoulin
- LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII
- FINAL FANTASY XIV
- Tomb Raider

How much gaming has changed from the glorious FF7-8-9 days

Breaks me heart

BTW, does Type-0 have towns to explore like FF7-8-9 etc ?

DJIzana

I answered more information on Final Fantasy Versus XIII (obviously, since that's all I ever bitch and moan about) :p

Final Fantasy Type-0 to be localized here, for PSP.

Final Fantasy X HD for Vita and to get more information there.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
How much gaming has changed from the glorious FF7-8-9 days

Breaks me heart

BTW, does Type-0 have towns to explore like FF7-8-9 etc ?

Type 0's towns are rather bland and just simply exist. But there is the fact they exist in the first place.

Top Bottom