• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix asks fans about if Persona 5/FF15 were out at same time, release hint?

reKon

Banned
GAF told me that my July 2016 release date prediction was not likely as it's summer time and people won't play video games.

Ratrat

Final Fantasy 15.

edit: actually FF15 is guaranteed bargain bin material after a few months while Persona games have stayed expensive for ever. Hm...still ff15.

khaaan

FF15 because Persona 5 will probably get discounted first and/or have some sort of enhanced/portable version later down the line.

MSMrRound

Persona 5, easily.

GAFfers have good taste.

In my opinion, I feel like I'm more hyped for World of Final Fantasy than FFXV.

I've always thought that FFXV would come out during the summer. Releasing that game during the Fall would be a horrible idea.

P5 would definitely survive the Fall lineup though

injurai

Banned
FFXV but they should not try to compete with Persona 5. Especially if they want a good splash in the western market.

Andrefpvs

Also, Final Fantasy XV is an open-world game. It'll very probably have content and performance patches after launch. There was even talk of DLC a while back.

There's no way it won't be a better game after a few patches a month or two after release.

Meanwhile, Persona 5 is more guaranteed to be a more "complete" game at launch.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I am not too hyped about FF XV while Persona 5 is one of my most wanted. But who know FF 15 might end up being an awesome game. But right now its not even close...

Teletraan1

Banned
P5. I doubt I am even going to get FFXV at this rate unless it is on some steam sale years from now. Looks like trash. My #1 most beloved franchise in the history of gaming is Final Fantasy btw.

Some Nobody

Star Ocean 5. Wait, is that not one of the choices? Damn.

*sighs* FF15, then. I'll get Persona 5 later. It's got a big cult following so I'm not concerned with whether it does well or not--it will. XV will do well too, but usually I factor a company's size and need for a product I enjoy to succeed into my buying decisions. Ultimately, P5 will be fine and it'll be my first time trying out the franchise. FF is the franchise that got me into RPGs in the first place, so there's a bit of loyalty there.

RK128

Persona 5 in my book.

I mean, I know the game is going to be amazing just due to the fact Atlus and the P-Team have done no wrong with the mainline Persona series so far (hell, even the spin-off games have solid gameplay and good stories to them).

So, I have higher expectations for Persona 5 then FFXV honestly.

But Square Enix asking this is interesting, as Persona 5 currently has a summer 2016 release for JP; could this mean that they are considering pushing the game to get finished by say, March or April and the game coming out sometime in July/August?

If so, very interesting; really would have thought they are using FFXV as their 'big' fall 2016 game.

Top Bottom