• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix asks fans about if Persona 5/FF15 were out at same time, release hint?

Ryuuga

Banned
Persona 5 easily. I'm not exactly thirsty for a new FF as much as I am Persona. I'd pick up FFXV if and when it goes on sale from that point forward.

-MD-

I've never played a Persona game but whenever I watch footage of it I'm instantly turned off.

I'll go with XV even though XIII was shit.

Darksol

Persona 5, without a doubt. Six months later after I've done absolutely everything that can be done in the game, FFXV.

Pinky

Banned
FF XV and, even then, I'm really not all that hyped for it. Never played a Persona game and don't really care to. I despise anime. A very unpopular opinion, I'm sure, but I'm just being honest.

Definitely Persona 5.

But if it were a main series FF with either the SNES/FFIX or Tactics/FFXII team? I'd clear my entire schedule for a month for that.

I'm not even sure if I'll be buying FFXV. The brand was very unkind to me last gen. I didn't enjoy any of the PS3 or PSP FF games. FFXIV is currently incredible though. Way better than the relaunch of a failed MMO has any right to be.

FF XV and, even then, I'm really not all that hyped for it. Never played a Persona game and don't really care to. I despise anime. A very unpopular opinion, I'm sure, but I'm just being honest.

FFXV is anime as fuck.

Wow Lots of Persona 5 fans. I guess I have to get to playing Persona 4 Golden on my Vita.

With that being said, currently I would get FFXV no question

If they release it in the same season but different months why not? but if they release it on the same month its hard to invest in 2 JRPG's at the same time.

Ploid 3.0

Persona 5. Seems like Square Enix doesn't want to go up against another big game. They've learned from Tomb Raider Rise.

Steel

Banned

A lot of people who despise anime have found they liked Persona 4 Golden, for the record.

Wagram

I don't care how hardcore the forums are or even how good Persona is as a series. We all know if they release the same time Persona will be crushed.

injurai

Banned
FFXV first. I've been waiting far too long.

image.php

Indeed.

I don't care how hardcore the forums are or even how good Persona is as a series. We all know if they release the same time Persona will be crushed.

They would still loose sales from alot of jrpg's fans, the lightning era of final fantasy fans will be there for sure though...

Also personally persona, cause ffxv "demo" was nothing but trash, the "demo" was a clunky mess, combat could not possible be considered good it was ni no kuni tier of trash, no female characters etc.

Mabufu

Banned
A good FF is still a tier above Persona.

I had fun with P4 Golden, but the overall experience didnt even come close to XIII-2, better not talk about main top-tier FFs.

So, I'd wait for the reviews to see what I play first, but I will end up buying both.

catbrush

I would prefer if both games were already released. Both games are DAY ONE MUST HAVE titles in my mind, I can't imagine picking one over the other.

If I was a kid lacking disposable income, I would start saving my lunch nickels now.

Crocodile

Is Square-Enix spooked of P5? I've never seen this sort of question asked pre-release by a major publisher before but maybe I'm just uninformed?

Reset

P4G was great, but P3P was pretty damn boring. So I'll pick up Persona 5 when it's around $20. If they were released at the same time, I'd buy FFXV before Persona 5.

Acidote

Persona 5 without a doubt for me. That doesn't mean I wouldn't pick-up FFXV at the end of it's commercial cycle.

Aalvi

I can and will buy both.

This isn't one or the other, I have high hopes for both and both are day one for me.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What a weird question.

Persona 5.

I want both but if I had to choose it'd be Persona.
The main takeaway here is that they're likely considering a release close to Persona 5 and given the growing popularity of Persona in Japan - along with the shrinking popularity of Final Fantasy - they want to check if they should stagger the release in the event they appeal heavily to the same audience.

Persona 5 could feasibly ship 500K in Japan. FF15 is only on the PS4, which isn't doing super great in Japan, so we could model a drop to 1 to 1.5 million. Given this, there's a legitimate concern of wanting to not have the products cannibalize each other.

So this questionnaire is only for Japan?

And as a follow up to the above, it's not a serious question for the West because if Final Fantasy 15 and Persona 5 are selling similarly overseas, Square Enix has managed to completely burn Final Fantasy to the ground.

Steel

Banned
I really wish we got to see the results of these polls. Or at least a japanese forum with the same question to see how they're answering, cause I can't even get into the poll.

Top Bottom