• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix CEO teases 'surprise' new console JRPG, 'charged' for E3

jjaww08auibbqygfdwgk.gif

Don't believe their lies

lol

will never, ever forget that. Was such a dick move on their part.

And despite all that, probably gonna grab it on the PS4 lol.

Rootbeer

Banned
Chrono Sequel please!

Just please for the love of all things good in this world do not give us another Final Fantasy offshoot.

score01

It's obvious guys.

Its a HD remaster of one the most beloved* Final Fantasies: FFVXIII

The power of new gen allows them to fully realise their initial concept and break the technological barriers that held them back (wider corridors).

(* not really)

Some Nobody

It's DQ11. The logic tracks for once. They said they wanted to do a console title again. Heroes will have been out long enough to start hyping a game that won't be out for at least another year.

I'm still mad at DQ7 a bit, but depending on how this looks I might give it a try.

Did we ever even get the last one that they teased to be revealed in December? The only thing they revealed was a new Mana game, which though nice wasn't a console game like they promised. Maybe they just delayed it, and are revealing it at E3.

Cornbread78

Oh God dammit SE, why say anything? I wanted to be picking up Type-0 for Vita today and I also can't wait to download my PC copy of FFVII....aarrggh ...Stop with your lies.

Cornbread78

They need to make FFXIV f2p to repent for their recent sins..... Would love to play it on PS4 and would buy in a second if it wasn't $13/mo

Fandangox

Finally The World Ends With U the sequel we have been all waiting for I knew those 4 replies on the survey would help, I got this guys.

H3xum

It's sad that the majority of these guesses are HD and remakes. What have we become

Though I guess thats a reflection of SE

duckroll

If it is, how far along do you think development could be?

It depends on the scale of the game. If it's meant to be a smaller scale digital title, it could be out by the end of this year. If it's something more substantial, then it could be announced this year and released next year. A two year dev cycle for a full console game which is well staffed and well managed would be normal. Of course we're talking about Square Enix here, so who knows. :p

Top Bottom