• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix files trademark for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Volotaire

Is the first Deus Ex still worth playing?

I haven't played it before and just got the Game of the Year edition.

Definitely. It still holds up in most respects. you might want to look for graphical mods to improve the graphically aged aspects, but in my opinion it's still one of the greatest games created.

KoopaTheCasual

The concept behind Deus Ex: Universe is to create an ongoing, expanding and connected game world built across a generation of core games.
Sounds like another one of these 'persistent online experiences'. Meh

KingJ2002

Human Revolution was my favorite game last generation. I hope mankind divided continues the AAA nature of this series reboot.

Sad thing is it's probably going to be close to HR than to the original.

I don't think I'd call that sad. I'm sure we'd all like a game as deep as the original, but HR was one of the best immersive sims to come out of last gen; I'd consider a sequel matching that level of quality a great success.

Rainy Dog

This better be it this time Eidos. HR was a strong contender for my game of generation last time, I'm very ready indeed for it's follow up.

Dennis

Banned
About the Deus Ex MMO.................does AAA MMOs (besides WoW) even make financial sense?

The mostly seem to bomb hard.

I am not sure I see the point for Deus Ex to MMO.

KoopaTheCasual

For those who want it, Deus Ex Game of the Year is currently 2.79 on Steam.

Nope, they mean inter connected lore.
I feel like it could mean either, but after the report of SE wanting their Eidos properties to push for online, I'm definitely leaning on the former.

Marcel

About the Deus Ex MMO

idJZS61neBbT3.gif

Darksol

If it ends up being a current gen title, I am ok with this. If it ends up being a cross gen title, I am meh. If it ends up being on mobile, or an MMO, I will pretend it doesn't exist.

Lautaro

It sounds like a multiplayer arena game. Play as augmented or regulars!

I hope not, I really want a new proper Deus Ex PC game.

Absolutely LOVED Deus Ex: Human Revolution, easily my top game of 2011. Played through it multiple times, a few times on 360 then a few more times once I built my PC. Just started the Director's Cut recently too, fantastic game.

Although it never really bothered me personally I know the gold tint colour filter annoyed a lot of people I just hope they ensure the PC port is up to snuff (not that there was anything wrong with HR's PC port but more options are always nice).

-Hawk

Vibranium

Banned
Man I hope this isn't the sequel to The Fall (yes I played it on PC for cheap, what can I say, I had extra GMG credit anyways) or an MMO.

In the next Deus Ex, it'd be nice to see Jensen back or incorporated into a future game. Still pissed him and Malik/Flygirl never got together and there was no real closure for the characters. Can't wait for the current-gen game!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Loved Human Revolution, I'm very excited for whatever they come up with next.

Is the first Deus Ex still worth playing?

I haven't played it before and just got the Game of the Year edition.

Absolutely. I first played it 4 years ago or so, and it was amazing. I'm not someone who has bothered with PC gaming over the last 15 years or so, but that was a classic game I really felt I needed to play, and I got many many hours of enjoyment from it.

Top Bottom