• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix Registers FinalFantasyXIII-3.com... [2 Year Schedule Note]

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
http://whois.domaintools.com/finalfantasyxiii-3.com

No words...

Edit Note:

As a side note, Square Enix has a mandate of finishing mainline Final Fantasy games every two years, so they might not actually have time to make a Final Fantasy XV, and thus want to use FFXIII and FFXIII-2 as a base for the next game.

IGN said:
Final Fantasy XIII Team Hints at Sequel

Elsewhere in the interview, Kitase revealed that the team that made Final Fantasy XIII is at work on their next project. According to Kitase, Square Enix has a policy of each team making a game at a pace of one title every two years, so the wait for this title will presumably not be too long.
Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1125216p1.html#ixzz11PfkBl00

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Jesus, they're milking this good aren't they

We have had only 1 FF in this console generation so far, by the end of it 4+....the Fuck?

I know I'm gonna get the you crazy

I think both FFXIII-2 FFXIII-3 are really DLC expansions, now being converted into <20 gameplay (reuse every asset at the disposal), and just sell them @$60 to recoup money for the disaster that was FFXIV

oh_you.jpg

On a more serious note, who knows, maybe XIII-2 and XIII-3 will be great RPG's.

GraveRobberX said:
Jesus, they're milking this good aren't they

We have had only 1 FF in this console generation so far, by the end of it 4+....the Fuck?

This might just be the only Final Fantasy (numbered) this console generation...

FUCK YOU SQUARE-ENIX

Yoshiya

Heh, undoubtedly just in case XIII-2 sells really well. It's looking far better than the original so I wouldn't be too disappointed to see that. Still, can't wait to play Final Fantasy XIII-13.

Kyoufu

Versus renamed? lol

Toriyama's team hasn't finished XIII-2.

This has to be some other team. Versus renamed is my bet.

Luigi87

And now what I imagine the Squenix office is like.. in English.

"We just made a CRAPLOAD of cash off Deus Ex. What should we do?"
"Final Fantasy XIII-3?"
"Fund it."

Grisby

With that awesome* sounding time travel story theres no telling how many spin offs there could be!

*I do not think it sounds awesome.

Thoraxes

My time-travel Versus is a corrected timeline game taking place after XIII-2 theory becomes more and more true every day.

The fuck? Serously.

I guess it took taht long to get the game out, they much rather just make more FF13 and another one... wait

Yoshiya

Luigi87 said:
And now what I imagine the Squenix office is like.. in English.

"We just made a CRAPLOAD of cash off Deus Ex. What should we do?"
"Final Fantasy XIII-3?"
"Fund it."
XIII-2 will be more profitable than Deus Ex.

Well, it would be in a world where the SE Japan development process isn't completely broken. Deus Ex was expensive for them, and it's yet to be seen if it can even sell through its original shipment.

Samus4145 said:
Just stop it and create XV already
Given their record this generation, from XIII to XIV, is this really worth the risk?

If the pattern of abyssal descent holds then we could be getting a Final Fantasy XV that can stand proudly alongside Beat 'Em & Eat 'Em, Custer's Revenge and Sonic 2006.

Top Bottom