• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix Registers FinalFantasyXIII-3.com... [2 Year Schedule Note]

yikes + Squareenix is quickly descending into this weird arse company who don't know what their brand value is.

and trashing trashing trashing the FF brand if true.

Cwarrior

of course they wanta get a lot of mileage out of ff13 assets by rehashing them to make more games.

FF13,ff13 versus, ff13-2 and more ff13-3

dvolovets

While it is definitely fun to speculate about Square's next moves w/ the XIII set of FF games, perhaps this is just a preemptive domain name registration?

ot1aoj.jpg

jediyoshi

RPGCrazied said:
Wat.

XIII-2 isn't even out.

Wat.

Another game with the old cast?

It's very common place for publishers to whole sale register a bunch of different domains, if only to just reserve it for themselves. Otherwise you have cases like modernwarfare3.com

RDreamer

To be fair, they could be just grabbing it just in case they ever made it in the future, or so that no one else gets it and makes things confusing for their customers.

...But we all know that's not why they did it.

Kyoufu

Luigi87 said:
And now what I imagine the Squenix office is like.. in English.

"We just made a CRAPLOAD of cash off Deus Ex. What should we do?"
"Final Fantasy XIII-3?"
"Fund it."

lol, if only Deus Ex made them "A CRAPLOAD" of cash.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Looks like SE was thinking "How does Activision make so much money off COD?, Oh sequels I get it"

Final Fantasy = COD
Final Fantasy XIII = CODMW
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - CODMW2
Final Fantasy XIII-3 - CODMW3

Final Fantasy Versus XIII = That canceled Action Adventure COD
(Don't ban me Kagari ; ; =3 <3)

Zwei said:
Only the Double Down is undeniably delicious. The prospect of a FFXIII-3 is undeniably ridiculous.

Well, there's no denying that. They share nothing more than an idiom. Indeed, one might say FFXIII is the polar opposite of a double down [sandwich], which consists of virtually nothing but meat.

Problem with square is they have no other HD assets so they need to keep reusing the same ones, lol. Guess it would take too long to create new ones that this point.

inky

Well, they did say FF XIII was going to be their "Star Wars" or something along those lines, didn't they? Might as well make as many games out of it as they can.

Calcaneus

If XIII-2 turns out good, then why not.

Its not like we have many Final Fantasy games to look forward to. I doubt work will start on XV until Versus is out, so...lol.

Damn, who the fuck is in charge of management at SE? There should be NO reason a game should take more than 3 and a half years to develop for with all the resources they have at their disposal.

If Nomura could take the Kingdom Hearts IP with him, I'd say he should leave square and join Sony.

Top Bottom