• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix reveals TGS 2014 booth map

Persona 5 trailer is already confirmed.

Wait what?! This is news to me
1388549967098.gif

Exentryk

Well, it's on the Sony TGS page and was also reported by Dualshockers. I personally don't follow Persona, so it could just be the trailer they showed at Pre TGS.

EDIT - Wait, is Dualshockers a banned site?

HeelPower

That's not a castle, that's basically St Mark's Basilica from Venice :p

uhh soo its a huge castle/cathedral. It doesn't have to look like a stererotypical castle to be classified as one.

This screen reminds me how much the backgrounds bother me. Everything in the distance doesn't work. It's like the fight scenes at the warzone hall. In the streets in the city beyond, no cars move. Some are stuck in the middle of the street.

Well, a lot of that was target render so...

I think the fact that the backgrounds are unfinished and not properly populated could hint all these assets are truly in game assets.

The trailer is still early so hopefully all these backgrounds will actually make it into the game and become explorable to an extent at least.

If you're bitter and jaded, at least you're less likely to get roasted. Nowadays I feel like hope is something that can't be held for Square Enix. I wish I could be like my brother, who migrated to another franchise—Tales, which is great for him because at least he knows the games will release on time.

On the other hand I guess we are luckier than Shenmue fans or Suikoden fans.

I am bitter specifically regarding this game.I have been a follower for such a long time since it was announced and I wish to see it through to the end.

I don't think I can migrate to any other series at this point.For better or for worse, I am really attached to this game and I hope its excellent in the end.

I don't think I can migrate to any other series at this point.For better or for worse, I am really attached to this game and I hope its excellent in the end.

"Hope can be a cruel thing. As long as you still cling to it, you dream. But when reality knocks you down again and again, you can do terrible things in the name of that dream."

Wilsongt

I've managed to temper all hype for the Final Fantasy series after all of the hype I had for FFXII, and the four agonizing years waiting for it...

For now, the only thing I get hyped for is FFXIV patches and stuff, because those actually are real and exist.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Lightning's 'development' stops after her and Hope encounter the food l'cie in the sewers. Its not worth all the forced BS before that.

Falk

that puzzling face
You're just mad that I was too cool in 2011 to show my face on video while playing bass. :V

I will never forgive the shit they did to Hope in Chapter 11 "Oh.. let me just forget all my character development so we can fight my Eidolon also guys we have to go to Oerba I know this trust me"

If they have something to show
we would've seen it two weeks ago

never forget the 3 seconds of new footage they showed last year

tumblr_mte0h55NRn1se3sybo2_500.gif

Who knows, it could be 4 this time.

Let's all just be reasonable for once.
Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 and Persona 5 will be a no show this year at TGS.

*runs*

Persona 5 has already been shown with a trailer. Will it get a gameplay reveal.......certainly has more chance than the other two.

dramatis

They're not even doing that. Keep the drip feed on atleast. How hard is to release a couple of screenshots every 3 months? =/
They did that "release old trailer plus 10 secs new footage" thing with FF13. To be honest I would prefer full blown 1-2 minute completely new trailer to 10 seconds of new footage. The endless stringing tease of 13 was worse.

Sanpunkan

Why would they even go through the effort to take 3 seconds of new footage and then splice it into an old trailer?

Well it's probably the opposite scenario - they had a chunk of footage and cut it for the previous trailers. They just cut less each time.

I remember the pre-FFXIII release days. They had a countdown for a couple of days for a trailer at their site. It finished while I was at work. Damn thing didn't load fast enough. Good times.

Some Nobody

I don't think its deserved at all, but yes it is.

Lol, it totally did. Posting basically twitter gossip and things that were the absolute worst kind of clickbait? It had to GTFOH.

For what it's worth, the thing that got it banned was a false E3 leak that was supposedly going to be like three E3's at once.

Let him/her. The whole Light has no emotion is typical bs. i mean look:

Punching_Snow.gif

Ugh. She had no business touching the best character in the game, with her boring ass.

wmlk

TBH, Lightning was a seemingly understandable character when she punched Snow. That's before the plot went to crud and I was actually enjoying the story at that point.

Her whole demeanour from that point on just got progressively more hard to believe and I just tuned out.

If I was Square Enix, I would set my map up like an RPG with a bunch of hidden stuff and "???" then when people showed up over hyped and happy I would do exactly what Squar Enix actually does.... crush dreams and disappoint. lol

I remember the pre-FFXIII release days. They had a countdown for a couple of days for a trailer at their site. It finished while I was at work. Damn thing didn't load fast enough. Good times.

I remember when they released that video to announce the release date of FFXIII in the US and Europe, such great times.

HeelPower

I remember when they released that video to announce the release date of FFXIII in the US and Europe, such great times.

I loved that trailer

When the announcer goes something like "oh did I forget something, maybe next time" then the screen zooms out with epic Saber's Edge music revealing 9-3-2010.

It gets me hyped just watching this lol

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I loved that trailer

When the announcer goes something like "oh did I forget something, maybe next time" then the screen zooms out with epic Saber's Edge music revealing 9-3-2010.

It gets me hyped just watching this lol

I remember that trailer too (and the following Mario64 parody :D), gave me all the goosebumps I could've hope for. God... FFXIII must've been the most hyped game in my life and the only that delivered it fully for me.

salromano

Well, it's on the Sony TGS page and was also reported by Dualshockers. I personally don't follow Persona, so it could just be the trailer they showed at Pre TGS.

EDIT - Wait, is Dualshockers a banned site?

All the page really indicates is that the game will be there in trailer form. And it will probably be the same trailer we've already seen.

Philippo

So what's the general consensus, is FFXV gonna be there in some form or not?
I guess Type 0, BD2, FFXIV will be, but come on we know that's not what people want.
Not even gonna ask about KHIII, i guess that could, eventually, come to Jump Festa or that KH event with the unpronunciable name.

HeelPower

I remember that trailer too (and the following Mario64 parody :D), gave me all the goosebumps I could've hope for. God... FFXIII must've been the most hyped game in my life and the only that delivered it fully for me.

I remember the trailer was on PSN too.That's actually how I watched it first.

I remember going to the "what's new" icon on the XMB and seeing the trailer.

The Goosebumps and hype were indescribable D:

Top Bottom