• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix TGS Line Up

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/tgs08/titles/

Dragon Quest IX confirmed to appear, Crystal Bearers appears to be dead. :(

Trailer Only
Trailer + Playable

List
Snoopy DS
Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon DS
Valkyrie Profile DS
Pingu's exciting carnival

Last Remnant
Chrono Trigger
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Chocobo Tales - The Witch, the Girl, and the Five Heroes

Dragon Quest IX
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Star Ocean 4
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Final Fantasy Agito XIII

Parasite Eve: The 3rd Birthday
Infinite Undiscovery
Song Summoner
Final Fantasy XI

Dragon Quest Monster Battle Road
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete
Kigndom Hearts Coded

Dragon Quest Batle Road Mobile
Intadaki Street Mobile
Final Fantasy IV: The After

Ellark
Gangan Mobile (?)
Ganmobako (?) Mix

Kingdom Hearts Mobile
Demon Chain
Hanjuku

Jonnyram

GoldandBlue said:
Dragon Quest IX confirmed to appear
Not playable though... what a load of bollocks. This game is gonna be get the FFXII treatment, I'm sure :(

Oh and FFXIII not playable? MassiveAttack am in tears total.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
My hopes of DQIX surprise release in 2008 were smashed when I discovered Dissidia was December. :\

Jonnyram said:
Not playable though... what a load of bollocks. This game is gonna be get the FFXII treatment, I'm sure :(

Does it indicate playable with the little thing? It's weird that Last Remnant would neither be playable nor in video form. And IU would be there in video but not playable? And Star Ocean in neither video nor playable?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm all of a sudden much more excited about going to TGS this year. It'll probably wear off when I realize that I'll spend most of TGS in a line.

Rpgmonkey

*Clicks link*

*Sees SO4, all three FFXIIIs, Dissidia, KH:BBS, and (surprisingly enough at this rate) DQIX*

The Developer/Publisher I'm watching most this TGS is now confirmed. :D

Johnas

DQIX!!!

When you click on the screens/movie link, it says 2008 over on the left. What does it say in Japanese beside that?

Jonnyram said:

Did he say that before or after the ACC bundled demo was confirmed? If it was before that's sorta understandable optimism, but thinking SE will let anyone play that thing before they handed over their money for a CG movie they don't really want, well that would be just plain stupid.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Y2Kev said:
My hopes of DQIX surprise release in 2008 were smashed when I discovered Dissidia was December. :\
Also, didn't Wada say he didn't want to release FFXIII in the same year as DQIX? I hope he reconsiders, because otherwise...

Hunahan

Banned
Hm.

No playable XIII, no playable DQIX...disappointing.

and.....nothing for Last Remnant? That's not a good sign.

Johnas

Septimus said:
How can a DS title need so much dev time?

Wada (I think) accidentally revealed the remakes in an interview before they were announced, when he did he said they "wanted to get the remakes out before IX" if I remember correctly. I have a feeling IX will show up not too long after VI releases.

Rpgmonkey said:
Planned for a 2008 release.

!

Thank you sir. Is that just old leftover info? Seems odd they wouldn't change that.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sooo what do the games with neither video nor controller highlighted mean then?

Die Squirrel Die said:
Didn't DQVII get delayed for years on the PSOne? This is probably less to do with the system and more to do with it being a DQ game.
Delayed five years... So the delay for DQ9 ain't nothing yet. :lol

Die Squirrel Die said:
thinking SE will let anyone play that thing before they handed over their money for a CG movie they don't really want, well that would be just plain stupid.
2chm4qc.gif

I think we all need to be realistic about Last Remnant - it's either going to be delayed to Spring, or it's going to be an unoptimized POS.

Or both.

The lack of Wii games is pretty jarring. Why the snub?

Kyoufu said:
Maybe the PS3 version will perform better with the time-exclusive delay?

On UE3? From a Japanese dev no less? Seriously doubt it.

Kyoufu

Eteric Rice said:
Looks like they fucked up on that note.

Big time.

QQ

Sho_Nuff82 said:
I think we all need to be realistic about Last Remnant - it's either going to be delayed to Spring, or it's going to be an unoptimized POS.

Or both.

Maybe the PS3 version will perform better with the time-exclusive delay?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Die Squirrel Die said:
Didn't DQVII get delayed for years on the PSOne? This is probably less to do with the system and more to do with it being a DQ game.

No, this has more to do with the fact that it was originally an action RPG until the diehard Dragon Quest fans (i.e. me) demanded they put it back to it's awesome turn-based roots. Which meant they had to redo the entire game.

This better be the FFXIII showcase where they bring out gameplay videos a more concrete date for the release of the demo and the full game. Also a timetable for Versus, Agito and Kingdom Hearts BBS. Come on Square don't let me down...

D-Pad

*jumps into thread hoping to see Crystal Bearers*
*sees it*
*reads it*
*leaves the thread wishing he'd never entered*

Sho_Nuff82 said:

Or both.

The lack of Wii games is pretty jarring. Why the snub?
It's pretty much set for November. What indication are there that its unfinished? Sorry I haven't been playing much attention to this title.

Cirekiller said:
It's pretty much set for November. What indication are there that its unfinished? Sorry I haven't been playing much attention to this title.

Has the game been playable at E3, GC, or TGS for anyone?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
clashfan said:
Wasn't there a rumor that Square was going to annouce KH3?
No. At least not one that was credible.

That and the KH team is way busy at the moment and there are three games in the series yet to be released.

Top Bottom