• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix TGS Line Up

Alaluef said:
No. At least not one that was credible.

That and the KH team is way busy at the moment and there are three games in the series yet to be released.
I don't see it happening the PSP one isn't even out yet. That's after Verus probably unless they find a different dev team for it.

Eteric Rice

Unless they announce something new.

That sucks, really. I wanted to see what they could do on the Wii. I mean, their other two games are okay, but they're waaay low budget.

Hive

Banned
Star Ocean 4 looks so great to me.

I hope it ends up being the most memorable in a very nice series

DQIX is day one, but goes without saying, right? right?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The M.O.B said:
or atleast it seems like it.
Nah, SE actually released Dragon Quest Swords, Chocobo's Dungeon and My Life as a King for the Wii. It's just that most people don't care.

Cirekiller said:
I don't see it happening the PSP one isn't even out yet. That's after Verus probably unless they find a different dev team for it.

I'm going to drink toilet water from an STD clinics bathroom if SE announces KH3 this TGS. Chances of them announcing KH3 before the handheld ones are released are slim to none.

Fuu

Cirekiller said:
Yeah, that's what I meant. No point in talking about a KH3 announcement for now.

donny2112

Kyoufu said:
Either my eyes are deceiving me or there is not a single Wii title in that lineup.

They don't want to put too much support behind one console this generation, so they almost completely shun the leader in order to try to bring up the other two consoles. Why they picked this generation to develop this strategy instead of, oh say, any other generation, I don't know. Oh, well. At least they can fund their HD games with their handheld profits.

The M.O.B

Alaluef said:
Nah, SE actually released Dragon Quest Swords, Chocobo's Dungeon and My Life as a King for the Wii. It's just that most people don't care.

Im talking in the future, they gotta nada announced.

I think Soul eater is the only game they have coming up

Eteric Rice

donny2112 said:
They don't want to put too much support behind one console this generation, so they almost completely shun the leader in order to try to bring up the other two consoles. Why they picked this generation to develop this strategy instead of, oh say, any other generation, I don't know. Oh, well. At least they can fund their HD games with their handheld profits.

That doesn't sound like a good strategy.

Unless, well, SE hates Nintendo.

Terrell said:
Yeah, uhh, hate to break it to you guys, but just because it's not listed here doesn't mean it's not going to show up. How many times did FFXIII videos show up at trade shows without announcement?
Well FFXIII not being on a list is cause they want to suprise you. I don't think there going for the same effect here 8(.

Fuu

The M.O.B said:
Im talking in the future, they gotta nada announced.

I think Soul eater is the only game they have coming up
Ah, I see. It's indeed empty for now.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So pretty much they're showing every game they're working on except DQVI DS and Crystal Bearers, as well as every game they've released over the last few months. That's pretty decent. I wonder if there will be any announcements.

donny2112

Eteric Rice said:
Unless, well, SE hates Nintendo.

According to some posters more "in the know" than me, some of the higher up developers/producers in the Square side of Square-Enix actually do hate Nintendo and/or non-HD graphics.

I can't say they're definitely leaving a lot of money on the table due to Japan's poor third-party Wii games/third-party Wii game sales, but they are potentially leaving a lot of money on the table by not supporting the console leader a lot more.

Fuu

AmMortal said:
Oh! for flips sake!
What good does this do them?

HOW CAN DEY CLOSE?!
I see the Closed Theater as mostly an incentive to make people go to the event and while being there buy their merchandise, etc.

donny2112 said:
According to some posters more "in the know" than me, some of the higher up developers/producers in the Square side of Square-Enix actually do hate Nintendo and/or non-HD graphics.

I can't say they're definitely leaving a lot of money on the table due to Japan's poor third-party Wii games/third-party Wii game sales, but they are potentially leaving a lot of money on the table by not supporting the console leader a lot more.

Nomura likes his feathers and leather belts in HD.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Cirekiller said:
Your joking right? Please tell me your JOKING.

Also make another retail musing thread this week would be interesting.

I'm not joking. They did the same thing last year.

Eteric Rice

donny2112 said:

I dunno, if I were them I wouldn't bite the hand that feeds them.

They need to get over it.

AmMortal

Banned
Pop On Arrival said:
is that shit actually true? Who the hell would pay for a demo?

The people that will import the Blu-Ray unfortunately :/

I understand square is making a lot of games at one and the same time, but their publicity has been utter shyte.

When is DQVI slated for release in Japan? I'm just trying to roughly figure out when we might see Dragon Quest IX in North America. 2010 at this rate? Oh well, I shouldn't complain, at this rate it will be nice to see something, anything new for it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Cirekiller said:
I know but hopefully they feel like it's time to show there hand. How long has this game been in development. 4 years?

Two, but yes it is time to show it. I agree.

Terrell

Cirekiller said:
Well FFXIII not being on a list is cause they want to suprise you. I don't think there going for the same effect here 8(.
I dunno, Square Enix remembering that Wii is market leader and are still developing non-anime games for it would be a BIG surprise to me.
But hey, if they want to leave the RPG market on Wii untouched so it can rocket imageepoch to super-stardom when Arc Rise Fantasia kicks more ass than anything from Square Enix this generation... so be it. Not MY shareholders that'll want to slit my throat, after all.

Kagari said:
Final Fantasy XIII demo with bonus Advent Children Complete ;)

Oh, thought you were talking about the rumor about SE wanting to charge people to play their demo.

I'd pay for it.
Don't kill me.

I'm too weak and fragile to actually hurt you, but I can mock your decision your decision due to the wonders of the internet and Anonymity.

I'd pay $1 for the demo

Terrell said:
I dunno, Square Enix remembering that Wii is market leader and are still developing non-anime games for it would be a BIG surprise to me.
They probably feel like the FF's will sell millions regardless of what platform it's on. It's a system seller and people would buy systems to play it. Also if they want to make non-hd games they'll sell more on the DS easy.

Pretty solid line-up, methinks. But still...no Wii game at all ? Oh well, looks like I'm going to have to wait patiently for the event before whining, in case they end up announcing anything for it.

Eteric Rice said:
If Nintendo wanted to be dicks?

Take their DS license.
Nintendo is too busy counting there $$$ to care really. You think Nintendo loses sleep over SE support on the Wii? Really?

Top Bottom