• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Tokyo Game Show 2016 lineup

Some Nobody

Umm. FF16? When FF15 haven't even released? U want S-E to RED ASH their game like Inafking lol.

And where did we ever heard about FM 6? FM 5 should be the epitome of the series as it closes the series wonderfully. PE series is dead lol. U should not dream for more Aya Brea.

Initial thought: Well since S-E fucked up Star Ocean I guess I can dump the whole company in the trash bin until the games I mention show up since everyone's trying so hard to get me down, lol.

But seriously though. I have no expectations of seeing FF16, even though they should totally focus on that ASAP if its far enough along. This Final Fantasy XV: World of the Ten Year Wait saga needs to end, and the sooner the better.

As far as FM6 we got that rumor the same time we heard about FF7: Remake. As far as PE being dead, that's what they say about every series. And its only dead until it isn't.

I think the next time we will get a look at FFVII Remake is at PlayStation Experience in December.

Expect a trailer with Aerith and Tifa with more of Midgar and the battle system.

As for FFXVI, don't expect anything at all before 2018... that if we ever get it this generation because this generation I think we will only get FFXV with it's DLCs and FFVII Remake trilogy ( yeah I'm sure it will be a trilogy two years between each release ).

Hmm, maybe a new Mana game/remake announcement at TGS?

“Starting today, we will renew the official Adventures of Mana account as the official Mana account. We will announce information on the Mana series, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary, so please stick with us. The icon has been changed to the 25th anniversary logo. And we also plan to change the header image in the coming days.”

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/mana-series-twitter-account-relaunched-new-information-teased

DKHF

I think the next time we will get a look at FFVII Remake is at PlayStation Experience in December.
I hope that is the case but I doubt it now that FFXV is coming out on November 29. Because if PSX is when it has been for the last two years (first week of December), Square Enix won't want to steal the spotlight from XV a few days after its release. My guess for when we see it next is at an FFVII 20th or FF series 30th anniversary event early next year. Maybe Jump Festa in late December.

18-Volt

Nope the other games bombed, be lucky we are getting Builders.

Um, what? DQ games on Nintendo platforms are often localized by Nintendo. DQ7 is coming this month and there are lots of hype around it. I can't see them not localizing DQMJ3.

Plus, online mode in DQMJ3 has "worldwide" option with country flags, that hints a localization.

I hope that is the case but I doubt it now that FFXV is coming out on November 29. Because if PSX is when it has been for the last two years (first week of December), Square Enix won't want to steal the spotlight from XV a few days after its release. My guess for when we see it next is at an FFVII 20th or FF series 30th anniversary event early next year. Maybe Jump Festa in late December.

They announced the game and showed a gameplay trailer while FFXV still in development and that didn't conflict with their plans for the two games... So I don't think they will stop now just because FFXV was released in the last few weeks.

FFVIIR trailer at PSE I'm pretty sure of it :)

DKHF

They announced the game and showed a gameplay trailer while FFXV still in development and that didn't conflict with their plans for the two games... So I don't think they will stop now just because FFXV was released in the last few weeks.

FFVIIR trailer at PSE I'm pretty sure of it :)
That was different because it was long before FFXV was actually releasing and needed to have the only marketing spotlight. I hope I'm wrong and it is there though.

Labadal

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4, XBO, PC) – Trailer, Studio
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4) – Trailer, Stage
Final Fantasy XV (PS4, XBO) – Playable, Trailer, Stage
NieR: Automata (PS4) – Trailer, Stage
SaGa: Scarlet Grace (PS Vita) – Trailer, Stage
World of Final Fantasy (PS4, PS Vita) – Playable, Trailer, Stage
Not bad but the absence of DQ11 disturbs me.

That was different because it was long before FFXV was actually releasing and needed to have the only marketing spotlight. I hope I'm wrong and it is there though.

Don't worry it will be there.. and it wouldn't steal the spotlit from FFXV because it will be released already, maybe the hype of FFVIIR will get more people exciting and Jumping on FFXV train and buy it :p !

DKHF

Don't worry it will be there.. and it wouldn't steal the spotlit from FFXV because it will be released already, maybe the hype of FFVIIR will get more people exciting and Jumping on FFXV train and buy it :p !
Even if it's released people should still be talking about a long game like FFXV a lot, less than a week after release. It would lose some media attention. Maybe it could get people to buy FFXV out of excitement for a new FFVIIR trailer leading to them being excited about FF, but probably not. I still disagree. We will see.

Falk

that puzzling face
image2.jpg

This screenshot has potential.

Matticers

What are the odds of them announcing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4? Pretty damn low, huh? Oh well. Excited to play 2.8 and to see some more of FFXII and XV.

Some Nobody

Let me try something... did anybody here buy Star Ocean?

I wanted to, and eventually will, but everyone except a handful of people said the game sucked! And even the people who didn't mind playing it were all basically like, "...I mean, yeah all the bad shit is definitely there, I just don't mind it."

Maybe I'm one of those people. I want SO5 to be fun in my eyes. But $59.99 is a barrier of entry that's too high for "Well, I don't mind it."

Where is Lightning Triumphant : FFXIII-4 ?!?!!

----

Awesome list...looks like their biggest showing in years!

Expect a spoilerific XV blowout here!

I wonder what 'Neo mode' will do for games like KH 2.8.

Higher res or better AA?

Those PS3 remakes looked great already, I wonder how much better they can get?

Yeah. I'd love to see it.

Expect a trailer with Aerith and Tifa with more of Midgar and the battle system.

Agreed, that's when I think we'll see it next too.

As far as PE being dead, that's what they say about every series. And its only dead until it isn't.

Plus they snuck in that Parasite Eve Aya poster easter egg into the FFVIIR trailer, I'd be shocked if they aren't working on "something" after that.
Just hopefully that's a PS4 game and not some cellphone thing...

GunBR

Any new info about FF VII would make people forgot about XV instantly, so it's good that they're not showing anything new at TGS
The only thing that I found strange is the absense of Dragon Quest XI

And I still hope that they show some kind of surprise at Sony conference

DMONKUMA

From what I'm understanding is that a new Nier trailer will be shown and it will focus on the RPG side of the game. Correct? If so I can't wait since I've enjoy all the gameplay trailer I would like to see the actual RPG side to this game.

I wonder if there is a chance that Tabata will reveal info for the PC version of FFXV?

Probably None.

Go_Ly_Dow

KH3 is already said to have new information this Winter. Nomura said the next time we see FF7 Remake will be after World of Final Fantasy and KH 2.8 are out.

There's a chance that 7's next blowout may be pushed slightly forward now that XV has been delayed.

Has a 2016 December PSX been mentioned at all? If not then maybe they'll host a special event for it in Janurary as that is also the month marking the 20 anniversary.

HMD

No Kingdom Hearts III of course... let's just hope it's a marketing decision and not a technical one.

Kuraudo

Banned
There's a chance that 7's next blowout may be pushed slightly forward now that XV has been delayed.

Has a 2016 December PSX been mentioned at all? If not then maybe they'll host a special event for it in Janurary as that is also the month marking the 20 anniversary.

Wouldn't be surprised if KH2.8 and therefore KH3 news slip to January too: not sure SE will want to release an action RPG remaster within a couple of weeks of a brand new action RPG.

DKHF

I agree, I think it's next showing will be at an anniversary event. And nah PSX 2016 hasn't been officially announced yet. And we haven't got any mention of when the next VIIR showing will be.

Initial thought: Well since S-E fucked up Star Ocean I guess I can dump the whole company in the trash bin until the games I mention show up since everyone's trying so hard to get me down, lol.

But seriously though. I have no expectations of seeing FF16, even though they should totally focus on that ASAP if its far enough along. This Final Fantasy XV: World of the Ten Year Wait saga needs to end, and the sooner the better.

As far as FM6 we got that rumor the same time we heard about FF7: Remake. As far as PE being dead, that's what they say about every series. And its only dead until it isn't.

The source of the fm6 rumor seemed to be siliconera itself.

Ubernube

From what I'm understanding is that a new Nier trailer will be shown and it will focus on the RPG side of the game. Correct? If so I can't wait since I've enjoy all the gameplay trailer I would like to see the actual RPG side to this game.

I wonder if there is a chance that Tabata will reveal info for the PC version of FFXV?

Probably None.

If Nier Automata is anything like the original Nier, don't expect something super complicated or in depth. The farthest the original Nier went as an RPG was that you leveled up which made you stronger, and that you had towns and stuff you could take side quests from, alongside the mandatory fishing and gardening activities. Expect the same here. Just hope the side quests are better since many of them were intentionally designed to either fuck with you or waste your time, although part of me hopes they do it again here just to see people get pissed off.

That's a pretty good line up. Only big hitters missing are kh3 and dragon quest 11 but both franchise have some representation in some form.

JBwB

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4) – Trailer, Stage
Final Fantasy XV (PS4, XBO) – Playable, Trailer, Stage
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue (PS4) – Playable, Trailer
NieR: Automata (PS4) – Trailer, Stage

Can't wait to see more from these games. Hopefully that FFXV trailer isn't spoiler heavy (though it probably will be).

squall211

Nomura said don't expect anything till 2.8 and World were out.

Makes sense. Revealing anything new for VIIR is going to overshadow anything else that SE has in the pipeline to come out soon. Maybe we'll get new info at PSX. Both WoFF and FFXV will be out by then (and maybe 2.8 as well?).

Top Bottom