• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Tokyo Game Show 2016 lineup

Bishop89

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4, XBO, PC) – Trailer, Studio
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4) – Trailer, Stage
Final Fantasy XV (PS4, XBO) – Playable, Trailer, Stage
Hitman (PS4, XBO, PC) – Trailer, Studio
NieR: Automata (PS4) – Trailer, Stage
World of Final Fantasy (PS4, PS Vita) – Playable, Trailer, Stage

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/tgs16/lineup/

Full stage schedule here: http://gematsu.com/2016/08/square-enix-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
only things i like, and ive already bought deus ex.

where the hell is KH3??????

Mediking

Hahahha so thanks for answering me to those about if anybody bought Star Ocean and my question if I can play Nier 2 without playing Neir 1.

Now... what about Dragon Quest Heroes and I am Setsuna? Which should I pick up?

Shin-chan

Hahahha so thanks for answering me to those about if anybody bought Star Ocean and my question if I can play Nier 2 without playing Neir 1.

Personally enjoyed DQ more. Setsuna was too drab and one note for me, without a particularly interesting world or characters and a slow battle system.

DQH has too much tower defence and gets repetitive in the same way any Musou does. But it's colourful and lively and the game is genuinely fun with each character feeling very different. I think the improvements in 2 should make it a pretty good series.

I didn't finish either, but enjoyed my time with DQ a lot more.

Setsuna is short and sweet. Very traditional, but cute and interesting. DQ Heroes is mindless and boring.

brokentrain

no ffXII PC listing huh? I assumed it would also make it there, but maybe it's eventually so they don't want to mention it right now?

Carmelozi

Oh it'll happening soon, yay! If any anouncements for new games are made, please don't anounce new FF games. There are too many lol.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I thought the other one was new too (Grande Marche), but then I saw gameplay of a beta from July, and it is perhaps the dumbest looking game I have seen in ages. I was pretty impressed since they're usually pretty on the ball with this stuff.

I looked up this game but don't see what is so dumb-looking about it... to me it looks very similar to most other mobile games of a similar nature, right down to the high-contrast color scheme. It's got a decent developer behind it (Indieszero) and I'll admit the theme is kinda cute (raid a dungeon for food to cook meals), that could have been a decent basis for something more in-depth than your usual mobile gatcha linear dungeoneering game. (imagine something like Recettear dungeon hacking with Suikoden II like Iron Chef battles? :O )

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I looked up this game but don't see what is so dumb-looking about it... to me it looks very similar to most other mobile games of a similar nature, right down to the high-contrast color scheme. It's got a decent developer behind it (Indieszero) and I'll admit the theme is kinda cute (raid a dungeon for food to cook meals), that could have been a decent basis for something more in-depth than your usual mobile gatcha linear dungeoneering game. (imagine something like Recettear dungeon hacking with Suikoden II like Iron Chef battles? :O )

Maybe it was the video I was watching, but I was literally just seeing scene after scene of them pressing squares to unveil a grid and sometimes there was a monster that insta-died without player interaction.

@Wreck

HYPE!!!!!!!

NieR: Automata (PS4) – Trailer, Stage
Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) – Trailer, Studio
SaGa: Scarlet Grace (PS Vita) – Trailer, Stage
World of Final Fantasy (PS4, PS Vita) – Playable, Trailer, Stage

redfox088

Banned
Initial thought: Well since S-E fucked up Star Ocean I guess I can dump the whole company in the trash bin until the games I mention show up since everyone's trying so hard to get me down, lol.

But seriously though. I have no expectations of seeing FF16, even though they should totally focus on that ASAP if its far enough along. This Final Fantasy XV: World of the Ten Year Wait saga needs to end, and the sooner the better.

As far as FM6 we got that rumor the same time we heard about FF7: Remake. As far as PE being dead, that's what they say about every series. And its only dead until it isn't.
Maybe the can start concepts and get ito working on the direction, but the need to release their other two huge jrpgs first....KHIII and FFVIIr
Don't even want to see a fucking logo until those games are in my console...because that's how FFXV started...showing it off while the company had other obligations.

Really glad to see Nier: Automata and FFXII HD both getting stage presence and that SaGa game will finally be unveiled for real, it's a real mystery what it's going to look like.

*fingers crossed* for new Front Mission or Parasite Eve (although I think this would be the next thing Square works on after FFVII Remake since they could ruse a lot of the same assets for that game due to the similar night time lighting techniques they could use and art direction, plus Nomura has been the artist on every PE game in the series and obviously is passionate about that series too).

DKHF

More surprised about no KHIII..that game is nowhere near done maybe fall 2018/spring 2019.
Nah, they aren't showing it because of KH2.8 and FFXV. IMO, once those are out of the way expect a big push for KHIII with it ultimately releasing in Q3/Q4 next year.
Did everyone miss the more kingdom hearts news in December disclaimer at the end of the E3 2.8 trailer?
It didn't say December, but winter.

Mediking

Setsuna is short and sweet. Very traditional, but cute and interesting. DQ Heroes is mindless and boring.

Personally enjoyed DQ more. Setsuna was too drab and one note for me, without a particularly interesting world or characters and a slow battle system.

DQH has too much tower defence and gets repetitive in the same way any Musou does. But it's colourful and lively and the game is genuinely fun with each character feeling very different. I think the improvements in 2 should make it a pretty good series.

I didn't finish either, but enjoyed my time with DQ a lot more.

Wow! Okay thanks for sharing! I'm kinda looking for some smaller sized JRPGs to jump into and wouldn't take too long to beat and has good story and good characters.

Top Bottom