• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix trademarks "Final Fantasy Agito"

Thorgal

google-image-result-fxxuxi.gif

There's a large difference between a game that never happened (chrono break) and a game that is already out in Japan and only needs to be localized or even - a wild guess - ported to HD.

SE trademarking this name probably means they are or started doing something about its localization.

Why name it Agito? They already renamed it Type 0, why name it back to a name they already dropped?

Zomba13

Of course this is the smart phone trading card game with microtransactions based on the Final Fantasy franchise.

dramatis

It's not a new name, the game was originally called

Final Fantasy Agito XIII
Except the trademark is for 'Agito' alone. Wording for trademarks is serious business. Chances are, they're dropping the idea of franchising Type-0 and are just doing a Vita port.

Fabula Nova Crystallis has more or less become Fabula Nova Lightning now.

Wasn't Type-0 originally titled Final Fantasy Agito XIII? This whole "fabula nova crystallis" thing has been a complete clusterfuck.

StuBurns

Banned
Except the trademark is for 'Agito' alone. Wording for trademarks is serious business. Chances are, they're dropping the idea of franchising Type-0 and just doing just a Vita port.

Fabula Nova Crystallis has more or less become Fabula Nova Lightning now.
Yeah, pretty much. If there was a Type-1, we'd know by now, and I'd imagine Sony have been courting Type-0 for Vita since it launched. It makes sense to cave to that if SE have decided to call off the sub-franchise anyway.

Why name it Agito? They already renamed it Type 0, why name it back to a name they already dropped?

If is a Vita overseas release (fuck, even a IOS one) they probably want to sell it in Japan as a International Special Rerelease or something. Maybe is like a sort of rebranding as A Real Reborn more or less tries to do with FFXIV.

Perkel

Banned
So it is what this Vita sony guy told us on twitter.

- OMG game
- Third party

Since it is not Type-0 but Agito it is no longer a port :trollface"

KmA

SE needs to stop playing with my emotions. I swear, if this is a smartphone game, I will take the next iPhone I see and chuck it against the wall.

Exentryk

some e3 spoilers for SE, enjoy~

-final fantasy 15 announcement nextgen game (both PS4 and Xb1), cg trailer looks like ff4 setting in hd and main character is like agni's philosophy girl but setting is completely different. gives 2014 release. SE live stream will detail: party members can be recruited online but it's an offline game (You play commander of an army and recruit soldiers), looks open world with combat like ff12/xenoblade, quest givers with ! above their heads so maybe MMO-inspired.

-kingdom hearts teaser for ps4 at sony conference, no gameplay or subtitle just secret ending esque video

-lightning returns showcase at e3, coming this year, new trailer

-final fantasy versus (no 13) trailer and 2014 release date, sony japan studio in trailer, for ps3

-crisis core: ff7 and agito HD release for PS3 coming soon (no date)

-last mission ffx-2 coming as $20 dlc to ffxHD in north america/europe

-english bravely default trailer, coming 2014

-blood mask, DMC esque action RPG for vita and ps3 coming 2014

Interesting.

Wasn't Type-0 originally titled Final Fantasy Agito XIII? This whole "fabula nova crystallis" thing has been a complete clusterfuck.

Fabula Nova Crystallis (as originally planned):

-Final Fantasy XIII

-Final Fantasy Versus XIII

-Final Fantasy Agito XIII

-Final Fantasy Haresis XIII

Fabula Nova Crystallis (as of right now):

Lightning Saga:

-Final Fantasy XIII
-Final Fantasy XIII-2
-Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

-Final Fantasy Versus XIII (TBA)(Rumored to have been renamed)

-Final Fantasy Type 0 (was renamed)(Japan Only as of May 26, 2013)

-Final Fantasy Haresis XIII (Cancelled; we never really knew what it was supposed to be)

I've been burned many times over the years from SE... so I won't be excited and won't get my hopes up at all.

I won't even expect ANYTHING from theme.

I've learned my lesson so well.

Toth

I still think ts an IoS port of the game with whatever old cellphone battle system they had before it was upgraded to PSP.

But I hope it is coming here, that's all :)

SeZMehK

I've been burned many times over the years from SE... so I won't be excited and won't get my hopes up at all.

I won't even expect ANYTHING from theme.

I've learned my lesson so well.

Looks like we are in the same boat. I have been disappointed by S-E so many times over the years that I have no faith in them at all...

Cheebo

Banned
Vita is basically a dead platform. Square-Enix isn't going to waste money on a big original project for it. Whatever it is it is probably either PS3/PS4 or iOS most likely.

TheContact

It's a Vita game I hope

FF type-0 on the PSP was originally called Final Fantasy Agito XIII, said it was changed because "agito" somewhat meaning "to put in motion" had nothing to do with the game, so if they chose Agito this time it should have something to with the game

dramatis

Vita is basically a dead platform. Square-Enix isn't going to waste money on a big original project for it. Whatever it is it is probably either PS3/PS4 or iOS most likely.
I think the opposite. Capcom became kings of PSP because they took the spot of 'system seller' with Monster Hunter. Right now they're on Nintendo consoles, so I think other companies have the chance to move in and make the next big thing, if these companies are willing to stop making MH clones.

It's a Vita game I hope

FF type-0 on the PSP was originally called Final Fantasy Agito XIII, said it was changed because "agito" somewhat meaning "to put in motion" had nothing to do with the game, so if they chose Agito this time it should have something to with the game

Story-wise, "Agito" is actually EXTREMELY important.
Aside from the mention in the intro/former title, I can't explain further, due to massive spoilers.

Top Bottom