• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix will reveal a new console RPG that isn’t a remake in December

Wow. Mana over KH. Had no idea!

image_thumb149.png

Remember this?

Probably that game became this:

Bloodmasque

Teletraan1

Banned
I would love a Bravely Default style game in HD, with detailed painted backdrops and a over world, airships. The type of game Square used to make in the PS1 days. Also lighthearted and a sense of adventure.

This is exactly what I am hoping for as well. I never get what I want and I am sure someone will tell you there is no market for it or some other depressing bullshit that isn't true anyway because there is always a market for good games on healthy platforms.

David Anfossi (head of Eidos Montreal) retweeted this news: https://twitter.com/DavidAnfossi/with_replies

And today we got Deus Ex's engine announced: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=945163

Presumably Deus Ex was the game Matsuda was talking about.

You're probably right, but...

If he was talking about Deus Ex, then why would he mention it to Famitsu? Famitsu and its readership don't care about RPGs made by white people. I guess it's SE, though, so nothing has to make sense.

leadbelly

Banned
Triad Wars is a weird one for me. An online MMO that is PC only set in the Sleeping Dogs universe.

I have a feeling it is going to be a failure. I'm not sure this is what people want. I think what people really want is Sleeping Dogs 2.

Welp..And there goes my hope for a new Japanese RPG Franchise on Consoles....or the Comeback of some good old games (Chrono, Star Ocean....)

I can't remember if one of the mods said if the next deus ex was f2p or something. I enjoyed hr so hoping it goes more into giving story choice to the player.

Hexa

lololololol
If they really meant this they are the greatest trolls of all time. Woooooooowwwwwwwww...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

wmlk

Jump Festa.

Doubt it's this, since he was hyping it in famitsu no?

Regardless I'm VERY much looking forward to this, absolutely loved Human Revolution.

Not only that, Anfossi is seemingly a fan of Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV. He retweets a lot of the news from those games. Him retweeting really doesn't mean much.

And in Famitsu, Masuda separated overseas studios from their Japanese studios. There's only one event left, and that's Jump Festa, a Japanese event. Put two-and-two together and you have a Japanese IP that's not FF, DQ, KH, and is not a remake.

Masuda also said it's really important to find other, profitable IP. So we'll see. Hoping it's a new one.

Guessing this will be Saga now that its been teased for fans to not miss the 25th anniversary day.

This works too.

nightever

Probably the new Saga game which will be announced soon. People stop making the FF7 joke, it's reaaaly not fun :(

Edit:Also means next Saga will very likely be a console (PS4 exclusive?) game rather than a cheap handheld one. It's good news.

Tough thing is that we will only actually know if it was FFVII after Jump Festa, if they don't announce anything.

That being said, that picture that said it was not FF or DQ... Where is that image from? Was that part of what Matsuda said or was that speculation from Famitsu?

Takao

Banned
Probably the new Saga game which will be announced soon. People stop making the FF7 joke, it's reaaaly not fun :(

Edit:Also means next Saga will very likely be a console (PS4 exclusive?) game rather than a cheap handheld one. It's good news.

Square Enix seems to view handhelds as home consoles too. I think the SaGa anniversary game will be for 3DS.

Looks like Jump Festa might be pretty big

New Active Time Report on FF15
New Capcom Game from Hiroyuki Kobayashi (DMC, Dragons Dogma)
Square Enix new RPG Reveal?

Dugna

Looks like Jump Festa might be pretty big

New Active Time Report on FF15
New Capcom Game from Hiroyuki Kobayashi (DMC, Dragons Dogma)
Square Enix new RPG Reveal?

So Japanese companies are holding back at western events to try to invigorate the Japanese market....sounds ok...it needs it.

Some Nobody

So Japanese companies are holding back at western events to try to invigorate the Japanese market....sounds ok...it needs it.

I mean, that's what they did with TGS. Very few Japanese games were shown at E3 or Gamescom, they saved them. I think a similar thing might happen here with Jump Festa.

crinale

Well, December is almost over and still no announcement.

It was Saga2015 IMO. And before "but it's a handheld game" argument, Matsuda said the announcement would be a game on dedicated gaming device, including console and handheld (he even said he can't tell whether that's console or handheld game, and we should have guessed that would be a handheld game from what he said).

Top Bottom