• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Squatty Potty. Yay or Nay?

neogaf never ceases to disappoint me

the_dig_squatty_potty_review_mar_2016_DinoNuggets_Thumb.jpg

dino nuggets...

Why is she taking a shite with her pants on?
And why is she so overly excited about this?

I hate the name, but I've been using one for years and really appreciate it and recommend it. I didn't even have any real bathroom problems previously, but it's still much easier, faster, and cleaner than before. Love it.

moeman

This paper actually seems to be saying that squatting (really squatting) is superior to sitting, even sitting with the kind of low relief you'd get with a Squatty Potty.

Again, how would I actually use Squatty Potty to squat? If the device is in front of the toilet I just don't see how I could use it to squat and not just end up with a very wet and messy floor.

Squatting shifts your pelvis to allow your rectum to be perpendicular to the toilet seat. If you sit on a western toilet, your pelvis is such that your rectum is more parallel to the toilet seat, which makes your bowel movements more difficult.

The squatty potty (or the general use of a stool) isn't perfect, but the action of raising your thighs while sitting on western toilets shifts your pelvis towards that more natural position, allowing for easier bowel movements.

Squatty Potty is a gift from God, but I agree with the people in this thread that say if you have a regular small stool, just use that.

Squatting shifts your pelvis to allow your rectum to be perpendicular to the toilet seat. If you sit on a western toilet, your pelvis is such that your rectum is more parallel to the toilet seat, which makes your bowel movements more difficult.

The squatty potty (or the general use of a stool) isn't perfect, but the action of raising your thighs while sitting on western toilets shifts your pelvis towards that more natural position, allowing for easier bowel movements.

Yeah, this is the problem. I ask for reasons and I get this crap. At least somebody tried linking this to a scientific study earlier, even if that didn't pan out. Now all I'm getting is bollocks about how sitting with raised thighs is the same as squatting. It isn't.

moeman

Yeah, this is the problem. I ask for reasons and I get this crap. At least somebody tried linking this to a scientific study earlier, even if that didn't pan out. Now all I'm getting is bollocks about how sitting with raised thighs is the same as squatting. It isn't.

Nobody's forcing you to use it. I apologize for my two years of medical school not being good enough for you and being complete bollocks...or that my attending surgeon's explanation on pelvic anatomy doesn't suit your needs but you probably know more than him anyway.

Top Bottom