• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSB for 3DS & U - Tourney Mode, Youtube Replay DLC Stages and Mii Costumes (K. Rool)

kunonabi

They updated the official site with QR codes for the Miis used in promotional pictures

Nice although I'm probably to lazy to redo the ones I made, especially the Virtua Fighter characters who I modeled after their VF Kids incarnations. Very useful for any new outfits that come out though.

Renta

Banned
Okay cool. When you're uploading a video, you can zoom in and out on a character. Uploading my first vid as we speak. At about 10% now.

Thanks Phoenixdawn. One person has tested mewtwo recently on smashboards, and doesn't notice anything either apparently. /:

Can anyone confirm if Dr mario got any buffs? Particuarly recovery, speed and weight? Thanks

Sponge

Banned
fP0sIw6.jpg

I kind of got what I wanted. I really like how nice the K. Rool costume looks.

BY2K

Membero Americo
*gasp* Greninja's down throw may have less ending lag to allow for combos!

HE MAY HAVE ACTUALLY GOT A BUFF.

Praise the Sakurai!

Cbajd5

What the heck, why is it taking an hour to upload a 3:14 video.

Well 40 minutes now apparently.

That's still ridiculous.

Ozium

Server finally up.

The conquest tab/icon is gone, replaced with "Online Events"

which then features the new Tourney tab and the Conquest tab..

edit:
can create 2 tourneys at a time and join 4 at a time?

greg400

Banned
I'm still amazed that we're 4 games into this series and multiple updates in the latest entry and there is still no option to change the default multiplayer option to stock

Revven

Soooo servers are up and both Tourney Mode and Tournament Mode are there. Tournament Mode is called "Regular", it's the last option on the Tourney Mode menu. This is the traditional Smash tournament mode except online only, it seems.

Tourney Mode works just like Mario Kart 8's Tournaments (like I said it would).

You're limited to 100 participants for a single lobby for this mode (maybe this is all at once?... Dunno)

You can set it to Number of Wins or Points for the leaderboards (like MK8 gave you points based on what place you got and gave you a total).

You can set battle restrictions (this includes setting it to none so you can battle as much as you want obviously)

You have a limit to how many stocks you can set: 10.
Time's max limit is 10 minutes.

You can turn off Sudden Death and in this case, when you tie, secondary stats will determine the victor (this would likely be a good option for timed matches and not so much stocks).

Stage Choice is limited to Choose, Random, and Random Omega.

You can set what stages appear when you pick random (so random stage switch works here, so you can set it to random and then have all neutral stages in the random stage select and it will only pick from those stages you set).

Item switch is available (let's you tweak frequency as well)

Stamina is available.

Launch Rate can be tweaked.

SD Penalty can be tweaked.

You can choose to ban Mii Fighters (so off or on). Yay.

And you can also choose to have custom fighters on or off as well (so this means you can have Miis on without customs/equipment being on).

Those are all the options. It is basically a friend room made public with more options. FINALLY.

I don't see anything about team options or Friendly Fire though... Maybe you can turn that stuff on in the character select screen?...

People on gamefaqs are posting that Wii Fit got a pretty significant buffs apprently. More range on her smashes, forward air, and forward tilt.. Along with some damage buff increases.

Also:

"In addition, many moves have increased damage, including down-tilt, Nair (15% damage!!!!) and u-tilt, and her sun salutation heals 2% instead of 1%. She got the Ike treatment guys."

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72249468#20

I'm sure her buffs will be confirmed/deconfirmed by others soon. Particularly by smashoards
http://smashboards.com/threads/tournament-mode-1-1-0-community-patch-notes.412130/

Noticed something really odd with Sound Test.

For Dreamland and Miiverse, the songs were added to the list in their "proper" place with whatever game they came from.

For the two new DLCs, the songs are just shoved at the end of the series they came from.

It's not anything anybody would ever notice or care about, and the order of the songs is fairly random anyway, but it's just... weird.

Whoa, a Black Knight costume? Hell yeah!

It's hilarious and adorable. The tallest Mii you can make it, still makes it look like a chibi castle crasher or something.

It's also the only Mii Helmet that 100% replaces the face of the Mii.

Crocodile

I love Sakurai but every time major balance changes are made without patch notes I want to fly over to Japan and slap him in the face. This shit is not acceptable for a fighting game in 2015 :/

All that being said, I'm hearing way more buffs than I'm hearing nerfs which pleases me. Rest of the content of this update sounds good though its a bit hard to parce out exactly all the new stuff that has been added between the 12414324 posts :p

I love Sakurai but every time major balance changes are made without patch notes I want to fly over to Japan and slap him in the face. This shit is not acceptable for a fighting game in 2015 :/

All that being said, I'm hearing way more buffs than I'm hearing nerfs which pleases me. Rest of the content of this update sounds good though its a bit hard to parce out exactly all the new stuff that has been added between the 12414324 posts :p

Trailer showing everything added

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kERaZDelEYQ

jwillenn

Still recording my old replays! I've got one more set of about 10 to go and I'll be ready to update.

How's the youtube upload feature? 720p/60fps?

People on gamefaqs are posting that Wii Fit got a pretty significant buffs apprently. More range on her smashes, forward air, and forward tilt.. Along with some damage buff increases.

Also:

"In addition, many moves have increased damage, including down-tilt, Nair (15% damage!!!!) and u-tilt, and her sun salutation heals 2% instead of 1%. She got the Ike treatment guys."

I'm sure her buffs will be confirmed/deconfirmed by others soon. Particularly by smashoards
http://smashboards.com/threads/tournament-mode-1-1-0-community-patch-notes.412130/

FINALLY....been waiting for my main get Buffs!!! thank you for this information :D

My Wii U Sm4sh is just now updating.

I saw people talking about it, and noticed I wasen't prompted to update even though I just rebooted the game. Weird. But whatever it's working as it should now.

There's an actual good looking Chrom design designed for final smash and stuff but if you want to play as him you must settle with his 'Mii' appearance? Ehhhh.

Also:

How do his moves get more range? Is he stretchy now like Mario? :/

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man, I'm so disappointed with the way music and stages have been handled this game. I tried not to be, but between glaring oversights in music (though I understand licensing plays a role in that) and crazy decisions such as Miiverse only being able to be played locally, I really REALLY hope they fix this in some future update. :/

But the music selection's pretty great.

I KNEW there was going to be a limit to replays. It was too good to be true lol.

At least it seems the Tourney mode lives up to the expectation.

Top Bottom