• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSB for 3DS & U - Tourney Mode, Youtube Replay DLC Stages and Mii Costumes (K. Rool)

beta_fuse

Please tell me I'm overlooking something and Tournament mode isn't restricted to 4 player matches...

EDIT: NVM looks like there are 1v1 tourneys

Cbajd5

30fps? welp...

Yup. Also, the video wasn't automatically claimed by Nintendo, so i could technically monetize it if I wanted to. (They automatically claimed my MK8 video with music, but not the one without music.)

Also it may be shaky, and Youtube wants to fix that.

Can't you upload replays saved to the SD card? Never saved a replay but I thought that was how it worked.

I have no idea where it's saving them or whatever, but it's not the size of the replay data that's the problem, it's the video the game renders using it.

Chase17

So tournament is pretty fun. I went into a game that only had 3 minute matches and when we timed out I figured it go to sudden death. But I actually took the match since I had the percent lead. It was fun. My first time playing against some of these customs too. Nice to see them online!

Portalbox

Anyone else find it pretty weird that the eshop advertises this new batch of DLC with a pic of K.K. Slider's costume yet it doesn't appear to be actually downloadable?

Edit: I see it's free! Thanks for all the replies :)

Is it just me or is tourney mode completely fucked and limited to only FFA? What the fuck Nintendo? I thought "Regular" would let you do 1v1 for glory, but it looks like you can't create your own tournament there? Or what the fuck is up because why would Nintendo screw that up so bad when it was at least acceptable in the past games....

...and there goes my enthusiasm to pick up the game again.

It was all I wanted to play the game for the next year or so...

...guess i'll wait for the Splatoon update.

Yes.
You wanted to play offline tournament mode for the next year? What exactly did you do in tournament mode that gave you a year's worth of entertainment?

Re: Tourneys.

We can't force 1v1.
We can't choose who to play in the lobby.
We can't do teams.
We can't make brackets.

This is completely fucking worthless.

Huh, so according to that data diff Palutena's Neutral Air has it's hitboxes enlarged a little (3 -> 3.4)
Forward tile hitboxes also enlarged a bit as well as hitting twice now.
Forward air going up 1% damage was already mentioned.

It looks like there's some serious tweaks to the times on her roll, spotdodge and airdodge but i don't know how to read them XD

There are 1v1 for glory tourneys, go to regular on the left side you'll find em
That's not what he was talking about at all lol. Come on

That's really lame though. Sakurai must be depressed with how bad this update is. There's always the next game's new director to look toward too I guess.

MouldyK

You wanted to play offline tournament mode for the next year? What exactly did you do in tournament mode that gave you a year's worth of entertainment?

I mean it would boost the life of the game for me for that long. I love me some Tourney Modes in games against the AI from time to time, but that feature nowadays is dying.

Now though, since I ain't fond of Online that much, I see less reason to boot up the game. except when my friend wants to play the 3DS Version...

damn, was hopingvto make a mini tournament by myself against cpus

Same. I always enjpy making Tourneys in football games against the AI and other games...ah well.

Neoxon

That's nothing new??
I don't think the normal Wizard's Foot ever broke shields in the air. Then again, I normally use Wizard's Dropkick for Ganondorf.

That's not what he was talking about at all lol. Come on

That's really lame though. Sakurai must be depressed with how bad this update is. There's always the next game's new director to look toward too I guess.
Assuming that Sakurai won't come back to direct Smash 5.

Top Bottom