• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

Hale-XF11

Is the only way to get the DLC on PS3 either by purchasing a $20 PSN card or by using a credit card at the playstation store? If so, I may not be getting it after all.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Is the only way to get the DLC on PS3 either by purchasing a $20 PSN card or by using a credit card at the playstation store? If so, I may not be getting it after all.

You can get a $10 card if you're looking for a cheaper option.

Hale-XF11

You can get a $10 card if you're looking for a cheaper option.

Looks like I may have to go this route. Hopefully I can find a store that sells them.

Yeah :S Unless GameStop is selling it in the store as a code.
Doesn't look like they have $10 cards or codes unfortunately or any other option for that matter unless I purchase either $20 or $50, which I won't be doing.

I miss the days of Amazon selling PSN currency. Whenever I need XBL points, I go to amazon and buy codes. I used to do the same with PSN.

Hale-XF11

Best Buy has them. I think they still email codes out if you buy online.

They only seem to do codes in $20 and $50 denominations. They have $10 cards however, but I'm still looking for a $10 code, unless I totally missed it while searching their site.

Stackboy

Can someone link me to the reddit interview please?

Love the new DLC. Well worth it. Also like that the classic characters are separate characters to be levelled.

MMaRsu

Banned
Looks like I may have to go this route. Hopefully I can find a store that sells them.

Doesn't look like they have $10 cards or codes unfortunately or any other option for that matter unless I purchase either $20 or $50, which I won't be doing.

You can buy a 20 point card and if it's cheap enough buy Journey with the rest? How much is that anyway, because I've heard so much about that game and dont know anything about it lol.

Hale-XF11

You can buy a 20 point card and if it's cheap enough buy Journey with the rest? How much is that anyway, because I've heard so much about that game and dont know anything about it lol.

Heh, funny you should say that cuz I actually looked into doing just that and I guess Journey is $15, so that doesn't leave enough left over for Mt Eddie, unfortunately.

Journey is 15, but in my opinion not worth it. It's 1-2 hours of greatness, so if you're strapped for cash, wait for a sale.

MMaRsu

Banned
How much do you pay to see a 2-3 hour movie?

well, 7,50.

But I hardly ever go to the theater.

And when games like Trials Evo give you millions of hours of content for free for only 1200 spacebucks I see there is a big difference in pricing right.

soultron

Banned
A little DLC update from Mr. Batty:

Just a heads up we are pushing the latest GE settings out tonight. Probably very late, I'm guessing around 2am PST.

So starting tomorrow there will only be GE's on 3 ranges: a 'high-roller' range, a casual player range and Mt. Eddie.

There will only be @10 events per range, mostly on feature peaks to begin.

You should see a banner in the main menu that will take you directly to the highest entry drop on the high roller range.

The featured ranges will change every day, as will the events on Mt. Eddie.

Mt. Eddie will have a mix of cheap and high entry fee events, and always a low-level gear restricted event that should be useful for new characters who you haven't levelled up yet.

Not 100% sure but there may also be some extra XP floating around in GE's this week. If not, soon I hope.

That's all. Hope this works out well!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Mt. Eddie is a godsend for Trick It players. A lot closer to the game I thought I was getting in the first place.

My skills are so rusty though. Not even close to the gold medal scores.

B-Dex

Mt. Eddie is a godsend for Trick It players. A lot closer to the game I thought I was getting in the first place.

My skills are so rusty though. Not even close to the gold medal scores.

The only one I'm having trouble with is the big air one. I was using a lvl 10 Ty and my 2nd run, no mods, managed 5.5 million. Subsequent runs where I get Tricky b4 the first big jump I get 3 million..... SO I have no Idea what I am doing wrong. I full combo the course and everything..... The race events are a pain because the AI takes HUGE shortcuts :(.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The only one I'm having trouble with is the big air one. I was using a lvl 10 Ty and my 2nd run, no mods, managed 5.5 million. Subsequent runs where I get Tricky b4 the first big jump I get 3 million..... SO I have no Idea what I am doing wrong. I full combo the course and everything..... The race events are a pain because the AI takes HUGE shortcuts :(.

I'll have to give it a shot with my leveled up characters. Right now I'm enjoying Retro Mac (who still looks oddly Asian).

JaseMath

Mt. Eddie is completely awesome. It's the first time since playing SSX 2012 that I felt like I was playing a next-gen SSX.

My only complaint about this DLC is all the retro characters start at level 1 so you're really better off using characters youve already leveled up if you want to try to get good medals on any of the new drop drop points/events. Just seems silly to me. I wish the retro characters had just been a toggle on the character select screen.

B-Dex

Started leveling retro Elise but decided to dabble in the others. Retro Moby has some sweet looks. Might level him up now instead.

Bollocks

So the new Global Event rules make it harder to cheese into the Platin/Diamond brackets by choosing a remote drop which has 0 riders and only last for a couple of minutes?
There goes my badge aka platin trophy

B-Dex

So the new Global Event rules make it harder to cheese into the Platin/Diamond brackets by choosing a remote drop which has 0 riders and only last for a couple of minutes?
There goes my badge aka platin trophy

10 min Custom Event Friends Only.

JaseMath

My only complaint about this DLC is all the retro characters start at level 1 so you're really better off using characters youve already leveled up if you want to try to get good medals on any of the new drop drop points/events. Just seems silly to me. I wish the retro characters had just been a toggle on the character select screen.

Same. Passed on the retro character pack for this reason.

MMaRsu

Banned
Same. Passed on the retro character pack for this reason.

Isnt it just as cheap to buy the bundle though? Shaves off like a dollar right?

So if I'm content with playing as Eddy normally I shouldnt buy the complete pack just the mountain?

Ok so the euro prices are :

Bundle 7 euro
character or mt eddy are 5 euros.

So are the dlc characters worth 2 euro's?

So if I'm content with playing as Eddy normally I shouldnt buy the complete pack just the mountain?

Bundle 7 euro

Yup, I didn't even want the characters but got it because of the weird pricing. It makes just buying one of the packs a rip off =\

Bundle 7 euro

Debatable. I actually liked the look of the new characters personally and some of the new ones don't look all that different. It's not really a big deal either way.

Man in explore mode the medals for this new peak can be pretty tough to get.

JaseMath

Bundle 7 euro

Leveling up past Lvl.9 is a pain in the ass (as you probably know) so in my opinion, the classic characters are a lot more trouble than they're worth. And you are saving money, even if it's only a buck or two.

MMaRsu

Banned
Leveling up past Lvl.9 is a pain in the ass (as you probably know) so in my opinion, the classic characters are a lot more trouble than they're worth. And you are saving money, even if it's only a buck or two.

Well I still bought the pack cause I thought in future DLC it might be cool to have those old characters to go back to.. either way I just crushed your record by like 20 mil on my first run... get back at me when you've tried to do better ;)

^^

Ofcourse I'm talking about the Big Wachowski, great track man.
This DLC is really worth it, the only thing they really need to add is the ability to choose time of day, I mean come on :(

jkoch

Stop beating my scores B-Dex! I swear every time I put up a score last night, you beat it within 10 minutes.

Well I still bought the pack cause I thought in future DLC it might be cool to have those old characters to go back to.. either way I just crushed your record by like 20 mil on my first run... get back at me when you've tried to do better ;)

^^

Ofcourse I'm talking about the Big Wachowski, great track man.
This DLC is really worth it, the only thing they really need to add is the ability to choose time of day, I mean come on :(
Yeah I don't know if its possible but seeing that track in the day time, or evening would be amazing.

Thanks to school I only had time to check out the three lowest drops, was pretty awesome. I really like the original tracks as well but this really shows that they could've used some more differentiating from the get go.

Got the bundle but I doubt I'm ever gonna bother with the characters. But it's nice to have them anyway.

Minamu

I'm really okay with this dlc :D Got cramps in my right hand from doing tricks but it was worth it. Silver on everything but two runs though. Hard stuff. Used the regular Elise, are there any differences with the retro skins, like new tricks?

Top Bottom