• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX Tricky DLC hinted for SSX 2012

BPK

The pits are definitely the reason I enjoyed Tricky and 3 FAR more than this game. I'm strongly considering trading it while it still retains some value.

The previous games were beautiful for their simplicity. This game tries too hard to make the courses "hardcore". It also throws in useless equipment that really add nothing to the core experience.

The lack of real, head-to-head racing still pisses me off to no end.

That said, some retro DLC would lead me to probably keep the game. A city track would be gold.

I like the direction of SSX 2012.

They wanted SSX to be more than just mindless ubertricks after uberticks. They wanted some 1080 snowboarding in it, some challenge in racing and trick it events to make it more interesting to navigate and play it.

SykoTech

There are a good number of tracks with minimal death pits. I stick to those now that I've finished World Tour, and have a great time.

Well it's nice indeed to hear that a decent amount of tracks don't have too many pits. Still, it would have been nicer if none of the tracks did.

I really don't like the bottomless pit tracks myself, but I kinda look at them as the 25-man raid of SSX. They are there for the hardcore that want that challenge. They just aren't there for me. With that being said I think the teases of this DLC/expansion/game thingy show that the developers do know how to listen and they know what we'd like them to add. We've wanted a ton of retro designs, fun/colorful tracks, and over-the-top effects like fireworks. Just from a few pieces of a puzzle we can tell that those things will be added. I'd be willing to guarantee that these new tracks won't have bottomless pits.

Dany

Banned
how about SSX Tricky HD on XBLA

How about

130980609411.jpg

FHIZ

As long as there's no dark tunnels or narrow paths with a bunch of bottomless pits, I'm all about this.

SadAli

Neo Member
Fatigue is just beginning to settle in for me on the current courses as there are a few I don't even really want to play once never mind numerous times so this teaser couldn't have been timed more sweetly.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Are they going to fill the pits in the courses with snow? I would buy that DLC.

How about a single player mode that is tied together by more than just bad loot and hilariously bad motion comics?

After playing it through red box I was super glad I canceled pre order when online pass news came up.

How about a single player mode that is tied together by more than just bad loot and hilariously bad motion comics?

After playing it through red box I was super glad I canceled pre order when online pass news came up.

Single player? Pffffffft

The multiplayer is where it's at, especially if you have some really good riders on your friends list.

MMaRsu

Banned

Lol single player...

Also you dont even need the online pass to compete with friends. This is like the least offensive online pass ever.

World Tour is what it is but Explore is a good single player mode; creating custom global events just to go down the mountains with no distractions is fun too.

btw, sorta off topic but does using the RiderNet Radio on PS3 disable the live stream of other players during global events? Since the patch I have not seen a single other player riding during a global event with me and can never find my friends even if we set up a custom event to race head to head.

Sojgat

If they are the actual Tricky tracks I would buy this. If it's just set dressing on more awful tracks like those in the game already then EA can go jump.

Edit: Plus they would need to add in a reset mechanic instead of the rewind function the game has now. I doubt this will happen.

7068244337_7b90497764_b.jpg

vix from www.merqurycity.com was sent another puzzle piece. This time it adds a billboard to the bottom right portion of the picture. I'm really looking forward to whatever this is!

That pic of Elise on the billboard is also one of Adam Warren's SSX3 pieces he did for the game.

GNpNA.jpg

Oh god. What if, what if the DLC is the SSX 3 mountain?

I think I'd die then come back as a zombie to play this if it is.

You know what, as much as I loved Tricky - and liked 3 - I'd rather the team make all new tracks based on the feedback they've received. Seeing an old track in HD would be fun at first but I think we'd get more lasting enjoyment from the exploration and discovery of new places.

You know what, as much as I loved Tricky - and liked 3 - I'd rather the team make all new tracks based on the feedback they've received. Seeing an old track in HD would be fun at first but I think we'd get more lasting enjoyment from the exploration and discovery of new places.

Yeah, I feel the same way. It might be cool to see Mequry City or Tokyo Megaplex, but I'd rather have a whole new track/mountain. There were some people saying that it might be neat to see old mountains that were altered a lot. For example, imagine Merqury City after a huge avalanche rips through it. That would be pretty cool.

You never know. The team has added lots of stuff in the latest patch that the community was hoping for. They fixed the deadzone issues with the Dualshock3, added "party chat" to the PS3 version (the PS3 version originally had no voice chat when it shipped), and it's been said that split screen is something they'd like to do in the future,

It might not happen, but you can stay hopeful until proven wrong!

Woah wait, I did not read the notes for the last patch. They fixed the deadzone issue? Guess I'm playing all day on my day off tomorrow.

btkadams

Yeah, I feel the same way. It might be cool to see Mequry City or Tokyo Megaplex, but I'd rather have a whole new track/mountain. There were some people saying that it might be neat to see old mountains that were altered a lot. For example, imagine Merqury City after a huge avalanche rips through it. That would be pretty cool.
isn't that exactly what mercury city is already? what would be different?
Apparently we'll be getting full details tomorrow.

awesome!

BPK

You don't need an avalanche destroying a city. The whole snowed-in theme of Merqury City rocks to begin with and doesn't need to be tweaked. We've seen enough avalanches on the natural tracks.

So whats the story gonna be like? "Yeah after doing our own thing we really wanted to get on the tour again."

Just kidding, no one cares about the story.

Top Bottom