• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Alpha 3.23 update: Adventure Beckons (Fauna, Creature Hunting plus more)

Buggy Loop

Calling SC a scam should be a bannable offense because the person saying it is too fucking stupid to know what an actual scam is and that kind of retardation is toxic to this site.

Horribly mismanaged is what SC actually is.

Yup

Start with 15 or so peoples and a demo in cryengine. Get millions funding.

Run away with money → scam.

That was the time to do it

But nooooo,

Spend years making your inhouse engine, grow to 5 studios around the globe, with satellite ones, to over 1000 developers and still hiring when everyone is making layoffs. Support tens of thousands of concurrent players online with amazon servers and the usual patching/debugging and so on for them. Hire mocap and voice line peoples for your single player game still nowadays. Develop graphic technologies that are quite literally top of the line in the industry for the genre.

"It's a scam" :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, what are online players doing? Why are they having fun? Stop having fun!

(old footage)

8lrX2dE.png

nemiroff

Gold Member
Whats is crazy is how many ppl quickly say scam have have no interest in hearing ppl who have tried the game. Don't listen to me look at youtube and other ppl who have tried it. It does seam like they are pulling it off. But the servers do crash which is my only beef right now, but damn they have improved questing, fpsing, and is not so stuttering and quality of life improvements.

Or.. bash it and enjoy your starfield "loading screen" game. Now that was a scam...

Yeah, it's still annoying to wait for server restart, but the "decoupled" client (which is one of the important reasons performance is so responsive in 3.23) and server state resume (without having to reload the client) is a huge step up for a smooth future.

Buggy Loop

Yeah, it's still annoying to wait for server restart, but the "decoupled" client (which is one of the important reasons performance is so responsive in 3.23) and server state resume (without having to reload the client) is a huge step up for a smooth future.

In both nights I played 3.23, the NPCs were not bugged. Like I'm sure there's a performance decrease over time and they are still looking into all this, but to not have NPCs T-posing? Mind blown. Bounty hunting missions are now tough as fuck. Totally changing the way I play.

TVexperto

The best thing about the project is that Roberts and friends only skim from the top. The gullible people will say: 'all the money goes straight into the project'. This is what irks me the most. They line their own pockets but only skim a few million of the top each year and no one bats an eye.

rochet

The best thing about the project is that Roberts and friends only skim from the top. The gullible people will say: 'all the money goes straight into the project'. This is what irks me the most. They line their own pockets but only skim a few million of the top each year and no one bats an eye.
So you don't like a game cause the CEO/Founder gets a lot of the money. Umm that's every company. Lets not forget the normal game development the publisher gets all money and developer just gets enough to build the game. CIG is the developer/publisher, so with that in mind how is it different then any other game studio/publisher? It doesn't matter where the money goes as long as the game gets done. I'm not the employee I m just a consumer that wants a game, which I'm getting.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Yeah, I understand that's one of the popular stereotypical nonsensical responses to go to on forums when people maneuver themselves into their own intellectual vacuum. But it's even sloppy by those standards as you're the only one here labeling people over a videogame.
200.gif

Buggy Loop

So you don't like a game cause the CEO/Founder gets a lot of the money. Umm that's every company. Lets not forget the normal game development the publisher gets all money and developer just gets enough to build the game. CIG is the developer/publisher, so with that in mind how is it different then any other game studio/publisher? It doesn't matter where the money goes as long as the game gets done. I'm not the employee I m just a consumer that wants a game, which I'm getting.

And UK law is very clear, and its all available, to provide the annual financial reports and accounts.

He pays himself between 200k to 600k depending on the year.

But
"He's pocketing it!"

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Oh yeah, they avoid the law of multiple countries for 11 or so years. /sureJan

The biggest internet Sherlock Holmes in history are on the case :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Really? Twice the same stupid reply?

Low effort thread derailing.

Last edited:

rochet

And UK law is very clear, and its all available, to provide the annual financial reports and accounts.

He pays himself between 200k to 600k depending on the year.

But
"He's pocketing it!"

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Oh yeah, they avoid the law of multiple countries for 11 or so years. /sureJan

The biggest internet Sherlock Holmes in history are on the case :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Really? Twice the same stupid reply?

Low effort thread derailing.
Great Job Reaction GIF

Damn Brought the receipts

Buggy Loop

Great Job Reaction GIF

Damn Brought the receipts

In case some peoples don't like searching, a 2021 report for fiscal year 2020, which for reference, had more funding in a single year than the 2012 + 2013 funding campaign

ZfCNC4T.png
SLohjGh.png

AqO2thL.png

VeHo8ql.png

The "highest paid director" being most likely Chris Roberts
It's fucking nothing for a CEO of such a big company

Big Cats GIF by NETFLIX

TVexperto

Basically it’s obvious to me many of the devs are in on the grift as well. It’s not just the managers. The devs know there’s no “release” coming, there’s no target date for the PU coming out of alpha, and they’re scamming a bunch of retards. God knows what they do all day. Probably play Fortnite while submitting “patch notes”. It’s a minimum effort job and they’ve gotten extremely comfortable having no accountability or expectations.

Buggy Loop

Basically it’s obvious to me many of the devs are in on the grift as well. It’s not just the managers. The devs know there’s no “release” coming, there’s no target date for the PU coming out of alpha, and they’re scamming a bunch of retards. God knows what they do all day. Probably play Fortnite while submitting “patch notes”. It’s a minimum effort job and they’ve gotten extremely comfortable having no accountability or expectations.

You got it Colombo

You Got It Ok GIF

Meicyn

Gold Member
Also massive waves of Elite Dangerous players going to SC because that “released” game became a dead end with devs running out of money and didn’t invest in the technology since a decade, just duct taped together to have more features such as walking around and it was a dud.
Them abandoning console support and VR with Odyssey was the final nail in the coffin. Pretty much told everyone that they didn’t seem to have faith in their own product in the long term. I realize Frontier isn’t made of unlimited money, but they did little to nothing in terms of listening to their playerbase. Of course the game is borderline dead, the core gameplay hasn’t seen a big shakeup since forever. Odyssey added a foot travel element and FPS mechanics, but the progression loop was the same as what the playerbase had experienced in their ships for years.

Now, their first new ship in years requires paying for early access with no way to currently earn it in-game. They’ve gone into something akin to maintenance mode and are only interested in milking the last remnants of the playerbase still holding on to hope. Such a waste. They could have built an emergent simulated universe akin to what Eve Online is. I love the concept of Eve Online, but I want to actually fly my ship.

Buggy Loop

Them abandoning console support and VR with Odyssey was the final nail in the coffin. Pretty much told everyone that they didn’t seem to have faith in their own product in the long term. I realize Frontier isn’t made of unlimited money, but they did little to nothing in terms of listening to their playerbase. Of course the game is borderline dead, the core gameplay hasn’t seen a big shakeup since forever. Odyssey added a foot travel element and FPS mechanics, but the progression loop was the same as what the playerbase had experienced in their ships for years.

Now, their first new ship in years requires paying for early access with no way to currently earn it in-game. They’ve gone into something akin to maintenance mode and are only interested in milking the last remnants of the playerbase still holding on to hope. Such a waste. They could have built an emergent simulated universe akin to what Eve Online is. I love the concept of Eve Online, but I want to actually fly my ship.

Yup. I had spent $300 on ED at backer stage to access the alpha and all future DLCs, which back then was a lot since the vision was immense.

A trip down memory lane

elite-concept.jpg

R9iLKZJ.png

josh-atack-stationinside-08.jpg

q3yzna6e2kj61.png

hwoeUBS.jpeg

The concept art vastly surpassed the limits of Cobra engine sadly.

Braben stepped down as CEO after holding the position for 28 years

Most of the old guard are gone, they pissed off console players, layoffs.. Its really bad.

iHaunter

lol they are still selling ships for 1000 dollars?? wtf tried it and its a buggy mess, desync is awful
You complain about that? What about the people spending $10k a month on micro transactions? How about the people playing LoL spending thousands?

I personally wouldn't do it.

TVexperto

Will wait for a hotfix. They added so much, and broke most of the essential stuff. This is typical for them
As is tradition.
I highly doubt now that anything will be addressed. The engine just can't handle all this, and rather then throw in the towel and admit it, and make a playable game with the engine they have, they are just stringing along the whales and HC backers for cash. I can't see them ever releasing anything with the engine they have, and it's likely too late to start building their own engine from the ground up. That would be admitting defeat 12 years in.

It's just like my GF says about SC: "Why would they ever release that game? They have made a fortune on not releasing it, and likely will continue like that forever. It makes more economic sense to NOT release it"

I am beginning to agree.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
As is tradition.
I highly doubt now that anything will be addressed. The engine just can't handle all this, and rather then throw in the towel and admit it, and make a playable game with the engine they have, they are just stringing along the whales and HC backers for cash. I can't see them ever releasing anything with the engine they have, and it's likely too late to start building their own engine from the ground up. That would be admitting defeat 12 years in.

It's just like my GF says about SC: "Why would they ever release that game? They have made a fortune on not releasing it, and likely will continue like that forever. It makes more economic sense to NOT release it"

I am beginning to agree.
I seem to recall a thread on here or a video (maybe both) suggesting that they could be releasing squadron 42 soon. I don't see how that happens without proper flushed out functionality to most of the game's infrastructure. Some minor examples are, how does the engineering function work on ships? How about the science or data function?

I kinda lean towards the way your GF is leaning as well. I'd imagine if they want the game to keep bringing in cash, they would need adjust the cost of ships in game to push people more towards buying the ships for real money.

Obviously that will cause a rift in the community...but it's likely because it would be expected that once the game releases, there would be no need for wipes. There would need to be more money sinks in the game. Being able to steal weapons, armor and sell it, as well as the potential to earn from salving and mining mean there's going to be too much money in the game. Causing inflation in a P2P situation.

For example, I get downed on a mission and reach out for help...ok bud i'll come help you, it'll only cost ya 500k. Send the contract. Selling carries through specific missions would also hold the same energy. People with whale ships bilking 4-5 people at a time for easy kills on hammerheads.

They need to start thinking about this balance before the game releases/ There still needs ship balancing. Stealth and Power management needs to be worked in.

In my opinion, they are as far from launch as they have ever been, because they keep working on the wrong things. It's mind boggling, but then it's not...should you consider that this is the plan all along. Delay, Delay, Delay, as they say.

Meicyn

Gold Member

I am beginning to agree.
I don’t agree. Reason? Legacy. Chris Roberts is a guy who dreams big and has a massive problem with scope creep. He is many things, but scammer is not something that comes to mind.

I do not doubt the man’s sincerity, and much like the far smaller Freelancer from two decades ago, I expect a product that will be different than what was originally promised. The gap between the promised release date versus the actual for Freelancer was around two years, and it would likely have been longer if Microsoft didn’t insist on shipping a product.

He has always wanted to build what Eve Online essentially is, a fully realized virtual sci-fi universe that “exists” and is constantly changing independent of individual player actions or presence, yet can be influenced by thousands of players (or more). He wanted to do it with Freelancer, but Microsoft wasn’t going to give him unlimited time and money to do it. And the tech definitely wasn’t there back when Wing Commander was released.

The man is in his 50s and he knows this is essentially his only opportunity to realize what he always wanted to achieve. He happened to hit the jackpot when it comes to game funding, and he is dead set on making Star Citizen happen somehow.

Money is nice and he has collected a healthy sum, but I would argue against anyone claiming that money is his motive. It’s peripheral at best to leaving behind a legacy of creating the most fully realized scifi world ever made. Will we ever see it? I think so, but its longevity is another matter entirely. If it isn’t fun to play, it’ll be laid to the wayside like Elite Dangerous no matter how impressive the tech is. There’s no shortage of great games to play.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
What essential stuff they broke? Cause I haven't seen a single feature in this patch that was not progress
I can just give you my experience.

I logged in day the patch releases. DLSS seems to do nothing for performance...like...at all. Not essential, but noteworthy.

I start in New Babbage, immediately notice that although this is supposed to be a full wipe, I still have all the armor, guns and modules I've collected since the last wipe. All the upgrades I bought for my ships are still in my inventory at New Babbage. So this is not intended. My money was the only thing wiped.

I go to retrieve my ship (I "own" an F8C Lightning). Come to find out all the other ships I purchased including the C2 Hercules, the Vulture and my mining ships are still there, but my Sentinel is gone.

I have the F8C delivered, which takes several tries. Go to Hangar 05 to launch. Except my ship is not loaded on the platform. I stand where the F8C is supposed to be for about 2 minutes (I'm streaming this whole thing) and ship finally loads in and almost kills me.

I get in the ship, realize my weapons are no longer attached (expected after a patch, I just forgot). Leave the hangar, store the ship to outfit it with the components that were supposed to have been wiped. Come to find out, only some of my weapons made it thru the wipe. No biggie...I attach what I have as it's more than I expected to have.

Back to the ship, again taking about a minute to load in, get in and fly out to try my first mission. A bounty hunting mission, where I'm to do a bounty hunter evaluation (the one that cost 500 auec to start). I have my target, who is on Calliope. I figured out the new Quantum Travel process and head there. Upon approach, I am met with a barrage of fire unlike anything I've seen in Star Citizen before. Shields INSTANTLY depleted, I'm taking massive hull damage and had to pull away.

I decide to make a 2nd approach from another angle, maybe land on the steep side of a crater to approach on foot. These guns were on a base that I could not see. The red laser appearing to come from the surface of the planet itself. I was able to get a lock but ship was destroy before I could line up a proper shot. The problem here is that the base didn't load in, and this doesn't seem appropriate for a bounty hunter evaluation mission.

So, I wake back up at NB hospital. Throw on another set of armor grab another gun...and need to head to the commons the grab some ammo. Go to the tram. Get on. When I get to the commons, the ground does not load in. So I'm scared to step off the tram because I'm sure I would fall through the floor and die. But the tram is just gonna keep going. Every stop after this, the ground would not load in. So I decided, I'll take all my gear off and store it and walk out when the tram gets back to the commons, just in case it kills me. Once I get back to the commons, I step out, butt nakey...and the lack of ground does NOT kill me, however I start freezing to death because the game thinks I'm outside. Quickly put my gear back on and eventually the game loads in.

So I head to Centermass in the plaza, go to buy ammo and when I set the delivery location to my backpack I get an error. Set the location back to New Babbage, same error. So I'm like screw it, I'll kill one guy, take his or her gun and ammo and use that. The P4 AR rifle comes with one mag of 40 bullets (a welcome change from the typical 30).

So I head out again, experiencing the same issues as before, but now doing a bunker mission. Luckily this time, there was another ship at the location of this bunker and there were no guns emplacements to worry about. I land, disembark and head into the bunker (which did not load immediately and I probably would not have found, save for the ship that was already there). I go in and notice the elevator has been updated. That's cool, except the panel says the elevator is on the surface and I'm on the surface, yet I'm looking down a gaping chasm, suggesting that the elevator is at the bottom of the bunker. So I hit the button, to maybe bring it back up. Nothing happens.

I literally say to my friends watching "Ok here's the deal. The elevator panel clearly says that the elevator is here on the surface. It also says my position is on the surface, yet there is no elevator here, but a gaping hole instead. Here's what gonna happen. I'm going to test this to see if I fall through this hole or if the elevator is invisible like the ground was at the commons. If I start falling I will immediately quit the game and go and play something else".

I'll give you one guess what happened.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

I can just give you my experience.

I logged in day the patch releases. DLSS seems to do nothing for performance...like...at all. Not essential, but noteworthy.

I start in New Babbage, immediately notice that although this is supposed to be a full wipe, I still have all the armor, guns and modules I've collected since the last wipe. All the upgrades I bought for my ships are still in my inventory at New Babbage. So this is not intended. My money was the only thing wiped.

I go to retrieve my ship (I "own" an F8C Lightning). Come to find out all the other ships I purchased including the C2 Hercules, the Vulture and my mining ships are still there, but my Sentinel is gone.

I have the F8C delivered, which takes several tries. Go to Hangar 05 to launch. Except my ship is not loaded on the platform. I stand where the F8C is supposed to be for about 2 minutes (I'm streaming this whole thing) and ship finally loads in and almost kills me.

I get in the ship, realize my weapons are no longer attached (expected after a patch, I just forgot). Leave the hangar, store the ship to outfit it with the components that were supposed to have been wiped. Come to find out, only some of my weapons made it thru the wipe. No biggie...I attach what I have as it's more than I expected to have.

Back to the ship, again taking about a minute to load in, get in and fly out to try my first mission. A bounty hunting mission, where I'm to do a bounty hunter evaluation (the one that cost 500 auec to start). I have my target, who is on Calliope. I figured out the new Quantum Travel process and head there. Upon approach, I am met with a barrage of fire unlike anything I've seen in Star Citizen before. Shields INSTANTLY depleted, I'm taking massive hull damage and had to pull away.

I decide to make a 2nd approach from another angle, maybe land on the steep side of a crater to approach on foot. These guns were on a base that I could not see. The red laser appearing to come from the surface of the planet itself. I was able to get a lock but ship was destroy before I could line up a proper shot. The problem here is that the base didn't load in, and this doesn't seem appropriate for a bounty hunter evaluation mission.

So, I wake back up at NB hospital. Throw on another set of armor grab another gun...and need to head to the commons the grab some ammo. Go to the tram. Get on. When I get to the commons, the ground does not load in. So I'm scared to step off the tram because I'm sure I would fall through the floor and die. But the tram is just gonna keep going. Every stop after this, the ground would not load in. So I decided, I'll take all my gear off and store it and walk out when the tram gets back to the commons, just in case it kills me. Once I get back to the commons, I step out, butt nakey...and the lack of ground does NOT kill me, however I start freezing to death because the game thinks I'm outside. Quickly put my gear back on and eventually the game loads in.

So I head to Centermass in the plaza, go to buy ammo and when I set the delivery location to my backpack I get an error. Set the location back to New Babbage, same error. So I'm like screw it, I'll kill one guy, take his or her gun and ammo and use that. The P4 AR rifle comes with one mag of 40 bullets (a welcome change from the typical 30).

So I head out again, experiencing the same issues as before, but now doing a bunker mission. Luckily this time, there was another ship at the location of this bunker and there were no guns emplacements to worry about. I land, disembark and head into the bunker (which did not load immediately and I probably would not have found, save for the ship that was already there). I go in and notice the elevator has been updated. That's cool, except the panel says the elevator is on the surface and I'm on the surface, yet I'm looking down a gaping chasm, suggesting that the elevator is at the bottom of the bunker. So I hit the button, to maybe bring it back up. Nothing happens.

I literally say to my friends watching "Ok here's the deal. The elevator panel clearly says that the elevator is here on the surface. It also says my position is on the surface, yet there is no elevator here, but a gaping hole instead. Here's what gonna happen. I'm going to test this to see if I fall through this hole or if the elevator is invisible like the ground was at the commons. If I start falling I will immediately quit the game and go and play something else".

I'll give you one guess what happened.

All this happened before 3.23

(3.23 is a wallet wipe btw, it was communicated)

They didn’t break it with this patch

Some nights are shit, some are amazing. The saying “fuck you star citizen and see you tomorrow” is not uncommon in chat. Shit happens.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Yeah, I understand that's one of the popular stereotypical nonsensical responses to go to on forums when people maneuver themselves into their own intellectual vacuum. But it's even sloppy by those standards as you're the only one here labeling people over a videogame.

I'd say that's true. I don't think CR was prepared at all for how big this thing was about to become. The good thing is that CIG trimmed a lot of fat and clearly became more focused, 3.23 is proof of that.
They soft rebooted the whole project when they realized they could do seamless planetary landing. Originally it was going to be like starfield. Since then they fell into a rut of feature creep because CR decided to go all in. Issue is a lot of the tech they needed to fulfill his vision didn’t exactly exist and a lot of money was waisted going down dead end roads.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
All this happened before 3.23

(3.23 is a wallet wipe btw, it was communicated)

They didn’t break it with this patch

Some nights are shit, some are amazing. The saying “fuck you star citizen and see you tomorrow” is not uncommon in chat. Shit happens.
I'm aware of this, which is why I said I'll wait for a hotfix. Are you saying these things are functioning as intended and I should just try again. I don't have time for that. Even if I did have time for that, it would be a colossal waste of that time. I just want more stability, systems that work. Everytime, I get on stuff like this is happening.

It's not just "Shit happens". It's "Shit happens all the time"...at least in my case.

Just because it happens before 3.23 patch...doesn't justify it. There have been more stable patches. I think the best one in recent memory was 3.17. I could play for hours and actually grind with few interruptions. I think they are focusing on the wrong things.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

I'm aware of this, which is why I said I'll wait for a hotfix. Are you saying these things are functioning as intended and I should just try again. I don't have time for that. Even if I did have time for that, it would be a colossal waste of that time. I just want more stability, systems that work. Everytime, I get on stuff like this is happening.

It's not just "Shit happens". It's "Shit happens all the time"...at least in my case.

Just because it happens before 3.23 patch...doesn't justify it. There have been more stable patches. I think the best one in recent memory was 3.17. I could play for hours and actually grind with few interruptions. I think they are focusing on the wrong things.

What you said implied this patch, which added too much, broke essential stuff. So from what you say, that's not this patch's fault per say. It added many QOL things, but no, fundamentally it can still be janky mess that goes way way way back in time for this game. You think they are focusing on the wrong things, ok, that's an opinion I can see someone have. Just glad we clarified that 3.23 didn't break the thing more.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
What you said implied this patch, which added too much, broke essential stuff. So from what you say, that's not this patch's fault per say. It added many QOL things, but no, fundamentally it can still be janky mess that goes way way way back in time for this game. You think they are focusing on the wrong things, ok, that's an opinion I can see someone have. Just glad we clarified that 3.23 didn't break the thing more.
Yea but those same things that I described in this patch, were not as much of an issue in previous patches. I can appreciate the improvements, but not at the detriment of the core gameplay.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
It's funny how different experiences people have. I just logged off after three straight hours with smooth sailing, hopping around with a Corsair with a Mule inside. Not even one issue this time. On the first day there was for sure some weird shit happening, but not today.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I gave it a quick try, the new map system is a noticeable improvement and was REALLY needed. Performance where all over the place with a 13700K/4090, 40/100 FPS with microstutters, I didn't check the server FPS but it seemed ok. Inventory was working fine, did they also increase the number of people per server? It seemed like there were 150+ people. Will do more testing soon as the server crashed after 25 minutes so I logged off.

Gave it a quick try, flew to a station (after some trial and error figuring out the new controls), landed and got into the elevator from the hanger only to notice that the inside of the elevator had no control panel so I had to suicide myself to get out of the elevator.

Someone left half a suit of armor and a pistol on the floor of the hospital room I respawned in, so that was nice.

Ironbunny

Tried it today. Woke up in the bed. Stood up and fell through the floor. Didnt die but ended up in some out of bound area. Yup, still needs some work.

Character creator is a big improvement. Have to try the game again once it gets some hot fixes.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I gave it a quick try, the new map system is a noticeable improvement and was REALLY needed. Performance where all over the place with a 13700K/4090, 40/100 FPS with microstutters, I didn't check the server FPS but it seemed ok. Inventory was working fine, did they also increase the number of people per server? It seemed like there were 150+ people. Will do more testing soon as the server crashed after 25 minutes so I logged off.
I have about the same specs with a 4090 and performance has been pretty smooth at all times (with everything cranked to near-max), EXCEPT for the latter part of my session last night where I experienced some weird fps drops, especially around New Babbage. Because I didn't experience this before last night I have this notion that it's because CIG experimenting with their servers somehow (I have no idea what I'm talking about tho..).

Edit: The server crashed..? Interesting, how did it manifest itself? The reason I ask is because in my experience server issues has resolved itself by a few minutes and resumed without me having to do anything (no log-out and in again, no restart, I just waited a little and everything came back to normal by itself).

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

That’s nearly half of the features that were showcased at citizen con just this last October implemented in a single patch. Insane. Never been a bigger patch in this game and for an MMO, that’s a lot of technology change in a single patch. And from what I’m reading this morning it seems stable. NPCs are reacting and server fps is good.

It seems all the pieces of the puzzle are aligning for a 1.0 release maybe by end of year or early 2025.

I bet they drop a bomb at this year citizen con with a very close release date of Squadron 42 and demo of chapter 1 shadow dropped. This patch showcases that they walk the talk.

btw, the new flight model is even faster

Those ground flying videos will be intense

Are you in any danger?

Season 6 Nbc GIF by This Is Us

rochet

Let not forget they are inventing pretty cool tech (Server Meshing) that if they can nail it down this will make gaming overall better as they can sell there tech then. Small vid on it.
Imagine destiny having server meshing or wow. No more instances with small player counts.
With 3.23 they finally added a small version of server meshing which is replication. But they have long ways to go.

Buggy Loop

Glimpse of Invictus which is what, starting friday iirc?

Always boggles the mind to walk near these monsters and going inside. I literally got lost last year in the reclaimer.

The Javelin is not released yet, but it is the biggest ship player can own and some peoples manage to steal it from NPCs for a ride

It makes the Idris look small. The day this is in a showcase, how does it even work? How does it fit inside the showroom?

Are you in any danger?

Season 6 Nbc GIF by This Is Us

Count how many times

blinking lana del rey GIF

When you feel it's a waste of time, you'll understand my feelings about replying to those kind of low-bait takes

TVexperto

Let not forget they are inventing pretty cool tech (Server Meshing) that if they can nail it down this will make gaming overall better as they can sell there tech then. Small vid on it.
Imagine destiny having server meshing or wow. No more instances with small player counts.
With 3.23 they finally added a small version of server meshing which is replication. But they have long ways to go.

there is nothing new about server meshing. companies did this 20 years ago in MMOs

Corian33

My hype remains zero for this until it’s actually released. I look forward to getting my $40 game I bought a decade ago. While waiting, I forget that it exists for a couple years at a time.

RespawnX

there is nothing new about server meshing. companies did this 20 years ago in MMOs
Name a single title or even project with object based physics system and item persistence that has server meshing. And that’s just the surface of Star Citizens server meshing. Would be interesting to compare this MMOs.

nemiroff

Gold Member
This game is a gem that keeps on giving 🤭
Yeah it's great. Unfortunately it also yields quite a few low IQ trolls and faux pas comedians. But hopefully the mods will start to weed them out at some point.

My hype remains zero for this until it’s actually released. I look forward to getting my $40 game I bought a decade ago. While waiting, I forget that it exists for a couple years at a time.
This is an opinion I can respect. And btw that's what I did myself until SC alpha 3.22. For the most part I didn't even bother to click on SC stories until then.

But anyway, for most of us original backers technically we pledged our 40 for SQ42, not Star Citizen. But of course, that doesn't make the wait shorter..

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Exactly, but shills will be shills and try to play it up as something new and exciting.

Can you even just communicate your counter case without resulting to "shills" and "cult"?

Do tell which MMO used dynamic server meshing for 20 years, do tell.

Sarcastic Willy Wonka GIF

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
Modern day alternative religions are shaping up nicely. I wonder when will the Vatican create some kind of MMO.

TVexperto

Name a single title or even project with object based physics system and item persistence that has server meshing. And that’s just the surface of Star Citizens server meshing. Would be interesting to compare this MMOs.
EVE Online, Dual Universe, Rust, No Mans Sky,

nemiroff

Gold Member
Ok now how about dynamic server meshing
Please don't walk into the troll's trap.. Rather ask: Even if it was so, who the fuck cares. SC's implementation of dynamic server meshing is just one of the important parts unleashing the full potential of SC as a wholistic seamless experience. What the low-iq trolls think about it is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom