• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen truly outdoes itself with a $48,000 bundle for its most loyal whales

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFly

This is fucking hilarious because if any other western gaming company tried to sell even 500$ microtransaction they would be burned alive by media. But with Star Citizen it's like...meh, we don't care.

I wonder what is causing this strange behaviour. Why are people outraged at 20$ optional skin in Overwatch 2 (for example) while this shit doesn't even warrant an attention?
You can already buy over $1000 of V-Bucks in Fortnite, and last year alone Epic made an estimated $6 billion in revenue on the game. I think the outrage is less because Star Citizen is marketing to adults, not children. At some level people have the freedom to spend their money on whatever they want.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
It's been 11 years and nearly $700 million dollars in crowd-funding. Realistically, how much more time do you think it should take?

Who cares, i can already play it? MMO's don't need any release what Star Citizen is. Nothing will change if the game gets a "release" tomorrow. They will continue developing the game.

Released doesn't mean shit, just look at that turd called ED. Majority of the ED players jumped ship few years back over to SC.

The basic game costs $45 to play. Why does any of this other stuff matter to anyone?

Somehow people think they are forced to pay this money to play the game. Fun fact, you can't buy this package. The majority of here complaing won't ever see this package on the pledge story because you need to be concierge level backer (You must have spent at least 1000 to buy this.). I'm 10 times concierge level backer but i would never buy this.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Same, mate.
Can't say I've ever really gave a damn about the MMO side of things and I still have my fair share of doubt that they will ever be able to make it work properly.
Same here, I'm a loner gamer at heart (My mates want to play the crapiest games on earth!)

It looked so good..

Saying that though I was one of the ones that loved the look of The Day Before

Gah. I'm a sucker for the good looks. Just like women, it never turned out good :messenger_unamused:

Sentenza

Same here, I'm a loner gamer at heart (My mates want to play the crapiest games on earth!)
Holy shit, I can relate with this, too.
I have a bunch of "gamer friends" I've been in contact with for years at this point but every time they try to drag me to play something with them is "Jesus Christ people, it's like you are actively trying to make me resent the time I spend hanging with you".

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I support whale hunting as the reason we might eventually get a Squadron 42 (maybe Star Citizen too though I'm not big on multiplayer myself) way more than whale hunting as the reason we do get mobile gacha #9334956 (that shuts down in a year after raking in as much money with individuals spending 10s of thousands or more like there's no tomorrow) which only receives some light criticism or even just plain mention once in a blue moon or when China of all nations tries to regulate that market a bit 🤷‍♂️

Obviously it's not some unknown project that escaped the attention of game "journalists" who made their career on exposes that fell in their lap. There's just nothing to reveal, they're as transparent as can be and all critics pretending they uncover shocking secrets go off numbers readily available on their reports. They're obviously actually employing all the studios they've opened etc., at this point you probably have people that once worked there for years but have since moved on and still no prize dirt has come out beyond Roberts being rich and doing rich people things as he was and did.

Disclaimer: I bought a ~70 LTI ship with eventual access to Squadron 42 but recently sold my account as it's taking too damn long/might never get done. Still impressed with the latest tech videos and hyped with the Squadron 42 footage. I regret Kickstarting Wasteland 2 at the boxed tier more 🤷‍♂️

WitchHunter

Banned
The basic game costs $45 to play. Why does any of this other stuff matter to anyone?
Mehehe, you don't understand the peepz who gladly spend 10K dollars/day in 100x shittier mobile multi games, just to elevate the clan into the top5, or just for fun. SC seemingly milks these - money does not count at all - individuals too.

A bit too many individuals/entities think that gaming is the perfect place to milk people, and there is noone to say: enough is enough.
Bruh if you HIRE someone to design you one of these space ships in a 3d program it will be cheaper than "buying" it from scam citizen. This is sick. I think the scam is so huge people are getting desensitized.
Starfield has waaaay better ship designs. Tho the game is a pile of shit.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
How rich, or stupid, must someone be to pay 2 cars worth of money for that ?
Well, considering it's Humans doing this shit. The stupidity is boundless and will continue to one-up itself.
On the other hand, if you have "Fuck You" Money and this is your forte? That's par for the course.

bender

What time is it?

nemiroff

Gold Member
So you're dedicating threads and post on this because you're concerned for the two or three people rich and dedicated enough to buy this package. And these potentially imaginary people don’t even have a gun to their heads, imagine that..
And all this concern lives rent free in some of you people's heads even though most people are happy playing SC on a budget about a full priced game's worth. ..So nah, I don't get what the point of this concern is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom