• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek Online Available To Download On Xbox One & PSN

Tobor

I really enjoyed this back in the day on PC but I always wanted a console version so bad. The mouse and keyboard controls sucked for me.

WIll absolutely try again on PS4.

JC Lately

So how are the microtransactions? Pay to win or largely cosmetic? If it’s the later can the cosmetic items be acquired normally and paying just saves you (presumably a lot of) time?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So how are the microtransactions? Pay to win or largely cosmetic? If it’s the later can the cosmetic items be acquired normally and paying just saves you (presumably a lot of) time?
You will eventually need to buy top level ships, is my understanding.
But I think there's an in-game currency that you can farm to buy them, but obviously it's going to be slower.

There's a lot of sinks in the game that I've noticed, even with my brief return to the PC. Ships, gear for ships, bridge officers, duty officers. Even respecing your character will cost money eventually.

JC Lately

You will eventually need to buy top level ships, is my understanding.
But I think there's an in-game currency that you can farm to buy them, but obviously it's going to be slower.

There's a lot of sinks in the game that I've noticed, even with my brief return to the PC. Ships, gear for ships, bridge officers, duty officers. Even respecing your character will cost money eventually.

I see. Well, I’ll try it out, if it knocks my socks off I have no problem throwing some money their way.

Karak

The number of us who have beat it with no pay is countless. That's pretty easy. But if you want to get the absolute top tier ships than you can do events which are somewhat rare or do microtransactions. At that point its probably a moment to pay the devs back a bit anyway lol. There are some random items and such that are very difficult to get without Micros. The thing about this game is its coming out with all of its expansions and episodes for free so its not like a new game that means its bottom floor free content is insane.

thecjm

The ground gameplay is last, last gen at this point, and the space battles all feel the same. But this is by far my favourite dress-up game. Setting up different uniforms for each and every crew member is the best part of the game.

The number of us who have beat it with no pay is countless. That's pretty easy. But if you want to get the absolute top tier ships than you can do events which are somewhat rare or do microtransactions. At that point its probably a moment to pay the devs back a bit anyway lol. There are some random items and such that are very difficult to get without Micros. The thing about this game is its coming out with all of its expansions and episodes for free so its not like a new game that means its bottom floor free content is insane.

The PC version has a monthly fee option that gives you a certain amount of zen per month is that available on ps4?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The PC version has a monthly fee option that gives you a certain amount of zen per month is that available on ps4?
People on reddit say that lifetime on console doesn't include the Zen bonus, so I assume not.

There's also a lot of QoL stuff too like inventory space and bank space and stuff. But I assume you can use dilithium to buy that too.

Switched my X1 to US region and downloading it now. I loved playing this as a Klingon or Romulan, can't wait to see how it shapes up on console.

Dragoshi1

Playing as a dinosaur man guy for the Klingons, having fun so far, on Xbone. How do we zoom in the camera, though? Sometimes it zooms out really far by itself in between cutscenes.

Karak

Playing as a dinosaur man guy for the Klingons, having fun so far, on Xbone. How do we zoom in the camera, though? Sometimes it zooms out really far by itself in between cutscenes.

Hold A cycle camera

And by all means everyone. Use the calendar in the options to see what events are coming up. Can't easily explain how useful they are.

k1t4j

the guys on X box one, which side are you playing i started as a klingon, but those romulan ships are wicked though.....

xeris

I have too much time/money invested on the PC version to fully convert, but I'm going to give the Xbox version a spin. I'm alt-happy so probably make one of everything. If y'all don't mind having a part-timer I'd be interested in joining a GAF guild.

Karak

I have too much time/money invested on the PC version to fully convert, but I'm going to give the Xbox version a spin. I'm alt-happy so probably make one of everything. If y'all don't mind having a part-timer I'd be interested in joining a GAF guild.

I would join as well

jond76

Banned
Hold A cycle camera

And by all means everyone. Use the calendar in the options to see what events are coming up. Can't easily explain how useful they are.

I cycled all the way out but it won't go back in. Bah! A A A A! Nothing!

I might join a ps4 fleet. Won't be back from vacation until the 19th though.

Cool I'll start today when I get home and see if anyone on GAF would like to join up.

If anyone playing on PS4 would like to group up for some missions and to form the beginnings of a GAF fleet please PM me.

Tirod

On PS4 I use a keyboard and mouse to play FF XIV.

Does Star Trek on console also support keyboard and mouse? I'll totally download and try it if it does.

SlickVic

Got into Star Trek last year with TNG and now going through DS9, but never checked out STO. With these console versions seems like a good excuse to check it out. Shame PSN is down at the moment.

Top Bottom