• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star vs. the Forces of Evil |OT| I'm From Another Dimension

sinxtanx

SVTFOE returns November 6th for a two-week episode bomb, Monday through Thursday.

promo

EDIT: according to reports I'm seeing, they're gonna air two episodes per day, with an hour-long mid-season finale 22-min episode double-billing on the last day

damn you, other-show-I-love, for popularizing the bomb airing format

SVTFOE returns November 6th for a two-week episode bomb, Monday through Thursday.

promo

EDIT: according to reports I'm seeing, they're gonna air two episodes per day, with an hour-long mid-season finale 22-min episode double-billing on the last day

On one hand it seems kinda worrying but on the other i'm hyped as hell to get all of this.

Maybe they were inspired by Netflix, though not done to the same degree.

I wonder if they'll acknowledge the Elephant in the room.

I would ask you to stick with it. The show's energy gets much more smooth farther into season 1 and especially season 2. Breathers and downtime become common and help balance out the energetic nature of the show.
Just finished season 1. And yeah, youre right, it does slow down. Really enjoyed it. The show finely balances being episodic and having some continuity. Favourite episode was probably the mewberty one.

zulux21

lol
I know, right?
I mean...I like binge watching...but I also like having a consistent schedule and something to talk about each week...

At least star hasn't hit the triple digit hiatus yet lol

I believe we are officially in the second triple digit hiatus for the other show now. Not that it wasn't unexpected after they dropped an entire season in a month, but still lol.

Psxphile

Episode Titles!

tumblr_ox43n7ylwd1ui7whgo1_540.png

zulux21

Where the FUCK IS MY SVTFOE VIDEO GAME? (By wayforward)

why do you want wayforward to make more garbage games?
their first adventure time game was alright but beyond that they were garbage tie ins.

maybe hope for Grumpyface Studios instead?

PSqueak

Banned
their first adventure time game was alright but beyond that they were garbage tie ins.

Yeah, im going to have to agree with this, i understand why people would want wayforward to do it (probably thinking of Shantae), but unless your franchise is contra, WF doesn't give a shit about your franchise and will make licensed shovel ware.

zulux21

Yeah, im going to have to agree with this, i understand why people would want wayforward to do it (probably thinking of Shantae), but unless your franchise is contra, WF doesn't give a shit about your franchise and will make licensed shovel ware.

to be fair the team I would really want to see do a star vs evil game would be Lab Zero Games as I feel star would translate pretty well to their indivisible style
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZJf1iTkgx4

but since they are busy with indivisible for a while they are out :p

maybe we should just throw the cuphead devs some work :3

Malyse

maybe hope for Grumpyface Studios instead?

Because:
  • Double Dragon Neon
  • A Boy and His Blob
  • Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?!
  • BloodRayne: Betrayal
  • Contra 4
  • DuckTales: Remastered
  • Thor: God of Thunder (on DS)
were all pretty fun. Plus their original games like Lit, Sigma Star Saga, Shantae, and Mighty Switch are all pretty fun. Generally, their games tend to be pretty fun.

zulux21

Because:
  • Double Dragon Neon
  • A Boy and His Blob
  • Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?!
  • BloodRayne: Betrayal
  • Contra 4
  • DuckTales: Remastered
  • Thor: God of Thunder (on DS)
were all pretty fun. Plus their original games like Lit, Sigma Star Saga, Shantae, and Mighty Switch are all pretty fun. Generally, their games tend to be pretty fun.

they also made
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know!
Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark.

their original games are typically pretty good.
their licensed games tend to be garbage more likely or not.

even the ones that aren't like Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?! still feel quite half hearted compared to something like Shantae.

there are tons of developers with way better track records than wayforward that I would rather see handle the game.

Malyse

they also made
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know!
Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark.

their original games are typically pretty good.
their licensed games tend to be garbage more likely or not.

even the ones that aren't like Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?! still feel quite half hearted compared to something like Shantae.

there are tons of developers with way better track records than wayforward that I would rather see handle the game.
Your list of bad is shorter than my list of good. And Adventure Time was good.

Richie

It's that one, Princess Turdina is what Pony head called him.

Thank, must have missed that! Wonder if it'll be a Princess Marco/Pony Head team up then.

...But seriously "Turdina" just sounds wrong lol, unless I'm missing something, those first four letters distract me so.

Thank, must have missed that! Wonder if it'll be a Princess Marco/Pony Head team up then.

...But seriously "Turdina" just sounds wrong lol, unless I'm missing something, those first four letters distract me so.

She usually calls Marco "Earth Turd", even after they have become friends of sort.

Richie

She usually calls Marco "Earth Turd", even after they have become friends of sort.

I'll have to update my non-native English speaker perceptions then; always thought "turd" was a vulgarity on par with "douche" (likely derived from that Giant Douche/Turd Sandwich South Park episode) so it really surprised me to see it used so liberally here*. Guess it's more in the league of "crap" then.

*Not to mention how amusing it was to think Disney was promoting what I thought was an equivalent of "Princess Doucheina" in their official twitter.

I'll have to update my non-native English speaker perceptions then; always thought "turd" was a vulgarity on par with "douche" (likely derived from that Giant Douche/Turd Sandwich South Park episode) so it really surprised me to see it used so liberally here*. Guess it's more in the league of "crap" then.

*Not to mention how amusing it was to think Disney was promoting what I thought was an equivalent of "Princess Doucheina" in their official twitter.

its more in the league of excrement over here to my knowledge.

Also its from Pony head so it gets somewhat glossed over due to her character.

At least star hasn't hit the triple digit hiatus yet lol

I believe we are officially in the second triple digit hiatus for the other show now. Not that it wasn't unexpected after they dropped an entire season in a month, but still lol.

Hahaha.
Jeez.
Too bad the other show doesn't come back consistently every spring, summer, or fall like Game of Thrones or a Netflix show. These long hiatuses would at least be somewhat bearable if we weren't always in the dark.
Hopefully "winter" means sooner than later (watch it be February)
:/

At least we've got Star to look forward to! ^u^

Sounded like Janna.

I'm talking about the very end of the video with Star saying what she said, it just seems off to me though i guess its the result of her previous statement saying that being a princess doesn't mean she can do anything she wants (or it could be vice versa given how Star is at times).

Also i'm assuming its Janna saying about don't ask questions

Should be fun seeing how all of this plays out.

I really need non-evil Eclipsa, she seems much too delightful to waste on villainy.

It'd be a refreshing turn of events if Eclipsa doesn't end up being our new main villain. Granted, I won't mind much if she is, but there's definitely a sense here that the show could do something a bit out of the ordinary by having Eclipsa be a good guy, or at least an anti-hero.

Plus her
being somewhat misunderstood would add to the dynamic that's seemingly being formed where they are very similar to each other right down to the part where they are attracted to people that are not mewnians or really involved in their affairs.

Psxphile

Cute analysis
(promo-related, so spoilers)

Question: are we fine continuing S3 in this thread or would you all prefer a new, fancier OT to build hype for the premiere? I think we're long overdue one. But we still don't quite get the traffic of other show OTs so I'm wondering if there's any need to move?

I'd much rather see Disney pay up to restore the animation quality and elasticity from Season 1 of "Star vs." before we see any video game tie-ins.

Plus her
being somewhat misunderstood would add to the dynamic that's seemingly being formed where they are very similar to each other right down to the part where they are attracted to people that are not mewnians or really involved in their affairs.
I'm surprised her parents didn't notice the resemblance sooner. Eclipsa married a monster and Star dated a demon.

Cute analysis
(promo-related, so spoilers)

Question: are we fine continuing S3 in this thread or would you all prefer a new, fancier OT to build hype for the premiere? I think we're long overdue one. But we still don't quite get the traffic of other show OTs so I'm wondering if there's any need to move?
I would like to see a new OT to be honest but you may need to check with TheGreatdictator just in case.

Top Bottom