• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STAR WARS™: Dark Forces Remaster

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Apparently the remaster also includes a few prototype levels that never saw the light of day until now, so i suppose thats also a nice bonus.
It's one level unless more unlock later. I mentioned "It does have some minor extra content goodies TFE I believe doesn't.".

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

It's one level unless more unlock later.
i'm not really sure either, i just heard some review commenting about it. I'm also curious to see how the remaster handles 3D rendering compared to TFE mod.

EDIT: Yeah, its apparently just one level.

Last edited:

Pelao

The price is all over the place for me due to regional pricing. 15 bucks on Steam, 20 on Xbox and 30 on PS5 and Switch. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

fatmarco

It's one level unless more unlock later. I mentioned "It does have some minor extra content goodies TFE I believe doesn't.".
Also Jedi Knight 2 had the same feature, where you'd unlock their Presentation / Demo level once you beat the game.

fatmarco

I think the price for this game, and every newer NightDive game for that matter (Turok 3 for example) has been too expensive to justify at launch.

It should be about 25% cheaper at least, or at least have a pre-order discount like Tomb Raider Trilogy had (They didn't even find a work around for the whole 35/70fps issue either, nor did they at least re-balance the gamespeed so you could get vsync on 30/60/120 screens).

It's just hard to justify Dark Forces with some AI upscaled assets alone when we just got three Tomb Raider games for the same or slightly cheaper.

Last edited:

violence

From what I hear, the DOS version does save your progress after each level (it’s been so long I don’t remember) but I never played past the third level as a kid. not sure if it was because I was just bad and couldn’t figure out the sewer puzzle. So all these extra levels feel like they added machine games DLC to it after the fact.

Last edited:
Top Bottom