• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

A4CDjuW.png

imagine being this salty over an unranked game that isn't even that well balanced

damn

deim0s

I know i'll have another Star Wars kick this year...

How's the server population on PS4?
DLC maps (bespin and DS) worth it or should i just get the season pass?

Enthus

I know i'll have another Star Wars kick this year...

How's the server population on PS4?
DLC maps (bespin and DS) worth it or should i just get the season pass?

I just bought the game recently so I can't comment much on the value of the season pass ( I did buy it, though), but PS4 has a great population. I've been able to find full games in every mode, which I definitely couldn't do when I tried it on PC. This site gives numbers on how many people are playing per platform.

horkrux

So I recently picked up the Ultimate Edition for PS4 during Black Friday. Having a blast with the game.

But yesterday I encountered someone playing Bossk for the first time, playing Walker Assault on Hoth. Suffice it to say he destroyed our team and finished with like 150:1 (I think I killed him in the last seconds of the match).
Why is there a hero in this game that can regenerate his health so he could potentially stay alive the entire match if played right. The match wasn't fun in the slightest just because of that.

I'm also shocked at how much time it takes for what is essentially just switching teams for the second round. Loading new maps takes ages already, why does this have to take a minute too? Jesus. It's one of the reasons I shy away from playing game types with shorter rounds.

why does luke's force push not work 98% of the time

also why the fuck have they not added more selectable hands/loadouts, titanfall 2 and uncharted 4 both have 10. This has 2. They already have most of the coding for separate loadouts already, just patch it in pls

also is there a way to disable the effect on the edge of the screen that bacta bomb gives, I play in third person so I can see the outline on my character which is enough for me (plus the extra healthbar)

anyway I have an "indoors" loadout that I use on maps that are bad for jetpacking, I have the choice between the impact grenade, thermal detonator and bacta bomb. Which two would you guys choose? I'm thinking bacta bomb is a must, the other two are a toss up. Normally I'd go thermal det but I usually roll with the c-87 for this loadout and have success with impact grenade + shoot for a ranged two-piece.

RyanW

Two tings I would love to see them do soon:

1. Take Infiltration & Battle Station and put them in one Multi-Phase 12v12 playlist. Hell make that free for everyone to play. That would be a great way to let people experience what they're missing.
  2. Reduce the phase time limit of Infiltration by at least 2 or 3 minutes each. Each phase being 10 minutes is a drag at times.

Ozorov

why does luke's force push not work 98% of the time

also why the fuck have they not added more selectable hands/loadouts, titanfall 2 and uncharted 4 both have 10. This has 2. They already have most of the coding for separate loadouts already, just patch it in pls

also is there a way to disable the effect on the edge of the screen that bacta bomb gives, I play in third person so I can see the outline on my character which is enough for me (plus the extra healthbar)

anyway I have an "indoors" loadout that I use on maps that are bad for jetpacking, I have the choice between the impact grenade, thermal detonator and bacta bomb. Which two would you guys choose? I'm thinking bacta bomb is a must, the other two are a toss up. Normally I'd go thermal det but I usually roll with the c-87 for this loadout and have success with impact grenade + shoot for a ranged two-piece.
I like thermal more

leng jai

Downloaded the PC version off Origin Access and spent 10 minutes trying to find a Supremacy much before giving up. Couldn't find a game with a single player.

10/10.

thenexus6

Been putting off buying this game, have a little SW fever after just finishing Rogue One.

It's £8 used, is base game worth it? Season pass is £16 on sale at the moment, but theres nothing new coming to that anymore right?

It's £8 used, is base game worth it? Season pass is £16 on sale at the moment, but theres nothing new coming to that anymore right?

Apparently PC is barren but PS4 is still populated and I have no problems starting a game of any of the DLCs. So I would recommend for PS4. I would get the DLC especially at that price as the DLC is a lot of fun.

Like besides that. Everyone likes those three elements.
Well to be honest I'm gonna have trouble then. I don't like the way they handled most objective game modes, I don't like the star card system, I don't like the map design largely, I don't like the pared back space battles or different ship controls, I don't like the pickups being random, I don't like the fact that heroes and vehicles are pickups. I don't know what you want me to say.

Like I get I have a history if shitposting against the game but for what it's worth I have tried to tone it down and just make my complaints about the game be relevant to something I just experienced while also asking for input on things about the game.

Toa TAK

Banned
Well to be honest I'm gonna have trouble then. I don't like the way they handled most objective game modes, I don't like the star card system, I don't like the map design largely, I don't like the pared back space battles or different ship controls, I don't like the pickups being random, I don't like the fact that heroes and vehicles are pickups. I don't know what you want me to say.
I'm just sitting here wondering why bother playing? Honestly. It doesn't sound like you're having fun.

I'm just sitting here wondering why bother playing? Honestly. It doesn't sound like you're having fun.
Because the gunplay and theme are enough to have fun for a little :p

Idk I'm hyped for rogue one and I still want to try out the new weapons and cards I haven't bought yet plus with all the new dlc I have more maps and modes to fool around on.

5taquitos

Played some Outer Rim last night. Still very good, surprised how easy it was to found full matches also.

It's the best one, really. Extraction is a fantastic mode and perfect for the maps. I've always been a sucker for Payload modes in games though.

It's the best one, really. Extraction is a fantastic mode and perfect for the maps. I've always been a sucker for Payload modes in games though.

Yeah Extraction is easily the best objective mode in the game. My only beef is it's kinda easy to cheese with personal shield.

RyanW

Not sure how many of y'all have seen Rogue One yet so I won't flat out spoil anything, but after seeing the entire Imperial facility on Scarif in the movie, there is some huge potential for a solid Conquest map in Battlefront 2.

I might draw something up in paint from memory to show y'all tomorrow.

EDIT: I said I'd wait until tomorrow but I was too excited to wait. This link leads to the image of my idea. A bit spoilery: http://imgur.com/a/81FxG

LightInfa

Having just seen Rogue One I'm very sad we didn't get Blaze Malbus' gun in the game somehow - would've been much more fun than krennic's (admittedly snazzy) pistol.

FN-2187

Having just seen Rogue One I'm very sad we didn't get Blaze Malbus' gun in the game somehow - would've been much more fun than krennic's (admittedly snazzy) pistol.

There was so much stuff in Rogue One that I would have loved in Battlefront. Maps on Jedha. Map on Scarif inside the tower. Chirrut, Saw and K-2SO as playable heroes.

Ozorov

There was so much stuff in Rogue One that I would have loved in Battlefront. Maps on Jedha. Map on Scarif inside the tower. Chirrut, Saw and K-2SO as playable heroes.

I think there's a good chance we'll see more from Rogue One in Battlefront 2.

kakashi08

So I'm receiving my 9.99 standard edition from amazon today. Just seen on best buy for 19.99 for the ultimate edition...what do i do?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
So...

How is this game? I just saw Rogue One. Is the Ultimate Edition with the new maps and stuff worth it?

Top Bottom