• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I just got back from watching Rogue One (no spoilers).

While I like the DLC, there's so many other maps and locations that would have been great for Battlefront. Heck, the DLC doesn't even really do justice to Scarif.

Probably a big reason why I haven't picked the pack up. It really does feel like it was made by a skeleton crew at this point, as it lacks the amazing detail in the other maps.

Roussow

I love that Jyn is a playable, but next to Cassian and obviously Bode, she's the least interesting Rogue One character that could have been translated into a playable character with interesting mechanics, I would love to see Chirrut, Baze, and K2 in a sequel. Sorry if I butchered the spelling of character names there.

Ser Booty

can someone explain to me the class system? From my understanding the game doesnt have one, but what are the different soldier types on the website then?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I know I already pledged my love for the A180 but the imperial repeater is absolutely monsterous. I used to go a very even 1:1 until I started using this abomination then I started going 2:1.

It just doesn't stop shooting and a stream of headshots just ventilates people.

PrankT

I just got back from watching Rogue One (no spoilers).

While I like the DLC, there's so many other maps and locations that would have been great for Battlefront. Heck, the DLC doesn't even really do justice to Scarif.
I feel Scarif was the best location if they were trying to tie in Rogue One.

Toa TAK

Banned
Just picked it up on a game of Infiltration. So far, I'm liking it more than the Relby-V10. Here's a picture so you guys know what to look for as soon as you kill someone who has it equipped as someone else has a screenshot.

C0HrT9ZWEAE6KxR

PrankT

SG-17 asked me to post that the season pass and individual DLC are on sale this week on the US PSN. $7.49 for each DLC or $19.99 for season pass.

Zebroneath

Neo Member
Considering that the Season Pass is on sale for $20 this week, I was going to ask how the population for the game is currently? Is the season pass worth getting now for a person (namely, me) to get back into the game?

The last time I really played was when the Outer Rims DLC came out and the Hutt Contracts were new to me at the time. I'm just worried if getting the DLC with the new maps and modes would lead to a separated player base...

LoveCake

Considering that the Season Pass is on sale for $20 this week, I was going to ask how the population for the game is currently? Is the season pass worth getting now for a person (namely, me) to get back into the game?

The last time I really played was when the Outer Rims DLC came out and the Hutt Contracts were new to me at the time. I'm just worried if getting the DLC with the new maps and modes would lead to a separated player base...

What format are you on?

The Xbox one seems poor, the PC is ok'ish from what people have said on here and the PS4 you shouldn't have a problem, it does depend I suppose on which mode, I play on PS4 and I don't have a issue getting games.

Grabbed the season pass cause of the PSN sale, haven't played any of the DLC so this is like getting a whole other game for me. Excited to jump back in, didn't level up that high if I remember correctly.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Not loving the Bo-rifle. Though it's amazing for melee, it's firing rate and damage output leave something to be desired.

I know I already pledged my love for the A180 but the imperial repeater is absolutely monsterous. I used to go a very even 1:1 until I started using this abomination then I started going 2:1.

It just doesn't stop shooting and a stream of headshots just ventilates people.

I used it non-stop until secondary fire was nerfed with the Rogue One patch. I've found that the DH-17 gets me to 2:1 now instead.

GeeTeeCee

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/live-events

Double Scoring, 5,000 credits gift, and Death Star Free Weekend going on from the 23rd through the 25th

I'm mostly confident I can go from level 90 up to 100 in this timeframe... even if it means I won't have time to play FFXV or Overwatch :(

For all I know, it could be the last xp multiplier weekend we'll ever get, but if they haven't done a Scarif free weekend yet, perhaps there's still hope.

OldMan

Banned
I nailed two data carries on the right flank which was downright epic and put a hault to their entire mission 😈 Damn scarif is lovely.

Here's UC4's MP menu for comparison

BnrlrRfh.jpg

Whatever DLC they release is just thrown into all the mode pools so...

RyanW

I nailed two data carries on the right flank which was downright epic and put a hault to their entire mission 😈 Damn scarif is lovely.

Here's UC4's MP menu for comparison

BnrlrRfh.jpg

Whatever DLC they release is just thrown into all the mode pools so...

I remember Halo Reach did this. The maps weren't required to go in the playlists but a notification popped up saying that having the maps are recommended.

Pancake Mix

Was playing Sabotage the other day and found out the Death Troopers kills with thermal imploders count as sonic imploder kills for the trophy.

Got 7 with just one thermal imploder to get the trophy, was beautiful.

kakashi08

Nice! I personally haven't been able to do it. The moment you were approaching their sandbar is as far as I usually see it get to, on either side.
Oh, wow.

I noticed that most of the fighting seemed to be happening on the other side, so I decided to just go for it. This was only my second match there as the Rebels, as I got the season pass just earlier today. I'm surprised I made it. I almost died twice near the end! I guess that the Force was with me for once. Haha. Normally, I'm not really all that good.

I got up out of my chair in excitement afterwards. Haha.

I got the season pass since it was on sale on psn and omg i have no idea what i'm doing. i haven't really played since like december of last year but they've added so much stuff. what is rolling? can you still sprint? what are hutt contracts? the ui seems to be a total mess now, it wouldn't let me customise my storm trooper at all. :/

GeeTeeCee

I got the season pass since it was on sale on psn and omg i have no idea what i'm doing. i haven't really played since like december of last year but they've added so much stuff. what is rolling? can you still sprint? what are hutt contracts? the ui seems to be a total mess now, it wouldn't let me customise my storm trooper at all. :/

Rolling is triggered by tilting the left stick to the left or right and double tapping circle.

Yes, sprinting still exists (L3)

Hutt Contracts are used to unlock new weapons/star cards once you fulfil the conditions of the contract (for example, get x amount of kills with x weapon type)

Unless you've specifically bought a different trooper skin with credits from the menu,there's very little customisation possible with Stormtroopers now. They can no longer be helmetless (which is how it should have been from the start).

Hope these help.

Rolling is triggered by tilting the left stick to the left or right and double tapping circle.

Yes, sprinting still exists (L3)

Hutt Contracts are used to unlock new weapons/star cards once you fulfil the conditions of the contract (for example, get x amount of kills with x weapon type)

Unless you've specifically bought a different trooper skin with credits from the menu,there's very little customisation possible with Stormtroopers now. They can no longer be helmetless (which is how it should have been from the start).

Hope these help.
Thanks, that is helpful. Why did they remove the helmet less troopers though? Is it just because they added new storm trooper models?

GeeTeeCee

Thanks, that is helpful. Why did they remove the helmet less troopers though? Is it just because they added new storm trooper models?

Most likely because you can now unlock an Imperial Officer skin at a high enough level (where you can customise their face, I think), and that there's never been a helmetless trooper in the films ever and their inclusion annoyed people like me more than it should have.

netguy503

Playing now on PS4.

PSN :Netguy503

Add me GAF and let's get some matches in together as we grind for XP and rank 100. Have a headset to party chat as well. Just please no blank friend requests.

exYle

Hey guys, haven't touched Battlefront in a while but the season pass being on sale has tempted me. What's the population like now, on PS4? Furthermore, if I play with friends who do not have the season pass, will they be allowed to play the new content with me, or are we stick to vanilla content only?

LoveCake

Hey guys, haven't touched Battlefront in a while but the season pass being on sale has tempted me. What's the population like now, on PS4? Furthermore, if I play with friends who do not have the season pass, will they be allowed to play the new content with me, or are we stick to vanilla content only?

I am on PS4 and I don't have trouble getting a game, I will say though that the newer DLC are much more populated, the Hero modes on all and Walker Assault are all populated as well.
I don't know for sure, but if you have the DLC maps and your friends don't then they won't be able to play on the DLC maps, I am not sure on this though, but I don't see how it would allow it.

I hope we are going to be getting some skins for level 100, because the Shore Capitan is too much like the normal Storm-Trooper, I am still using Twi'lek with Officer uniform as Rebel and Officer uniform as Empire because they are so different to the other skins, I am level 94 and I still love playing but I want something to show off my level, lets have Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker skins for level 100 have them cost 100,000 we just need something!

Pancake Mix

Thinking about picking this up is the dlc any good or should i stay with the vanilla

Outer Rim and Rogue One: Scariff are really good DLC's. Bespin and especially Death Star (oddly enough) might leave something to be desired, but I'd recommend picking up the ultimate edition, yes. It's worth it.

GeeTeeCee

I realised that there's likely no way I'll jump from level 90 up to 100 in the space of this weekend, at least not without playing the game so much at the expense of ignoring everything else I could be doing, so I would end up resenting it. I figure I'll just get a level or two and unlock as much stuff as I can.

On the plus side, I got the Bo Rifle tonight.

What do you have to do to extract the data tape on Scarif? I got it there twice and nothing happened and I couldn't find a button prompt anywhere.

Toa TAK

Banned
What do you have to do to extract the data tape on Scarif? I got it there twice and nothing happened and I couldn't find a button prompt anywhere.

You just run into the ship. You don't drop it anywhere nor is there a prompt involved with it beyond picking it up.

Top Bottom