• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

I think it's too late on that. They will probably double down on the new type of gameplay they made for this game instead of going back to the original gameplay. Especially now that to the mass majority of people, Battlefront is now EA's Battlefront.

I just want a classic "large map, go capture control points" mode like the original had and Battlefield still has. Supremacy is only half-way like it.

WillyFive

This is very faithful to the original gameplay.

Other than having playable heroes and being able to play as a stormtrooper in a location inspired by the Star Wars movies, not really. Even the basic gunplay is fundamentally different (the original games were ammo based as opposed to temperature, which is a change I actually liked), let alone the rest of the game from a basic game design doc standpoint.

shanafan

It's been nerfed. You weren't there during the early days when that gun was on a complete genocide.

I played at launch, but then took a long break until this past week.

Playing Twilight on Hoth, in the ice cave corridors, the DL-44 is like a two shot kill. It's a little ridiculous.

FN-2187

The DL-18 is my favorite blaster pistol.

Since the DL-44 nerf, I only ever use the DH-17 on small maps and the E-11 on big maps (unless another blaster is required for a Hutt contract or achievement).

I guess it depends how you play the game, but they just seem like the best all-around weapons in any situation. Also, I can only do fully automatic. My old man reflexes are too slow to not just hold down a button.

I'd also just like to say that this game is pure fun and I legitimately feel sorry for all the people who completely dismissed it for not being like the old games or "Battlefield with a Star Wars skin" (which it obviously is not). It's been over a year, and I still play this all the time and I generally avoid multiplayer shooters.

Possibly in my top-ten favorite games of all time.

OldMan

Banned
ee43f1fb06dfed5805f226b027975627.jpg.d1ba55ea248012457338e150a3888bf5.jpg

Clone wars was insane

shanafan

Ok, I bit the bullet and bought the Ultimate Upgrade Pack. Playing with the EE-3 and better cards has really improved the enjoyment from the game!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Ever since R1 dlc landed i see more and more ppl using the EE-3. Was it buffed?

Also A180 rifle mode is OP as fuck.

I am not sure but every time I get killed by the EE-3 it's very "sudden".
Like oh man I think I'm getting shot at OH NOW IM DEAD

The A180 rifle mode is ridiculous, it lasts like 7 seconds and the thing can't overheat, you can clear out entire rooms with it. Thank god they don't let you pair it with explosive shots.

Jito

Banned
Tried the Scarif maps in Battlefront the other day after seeing Rouge One. Anyone else feel like these are really lazy maps slapped together to cash in on Rouge One releasing? The maps I did play were just insanely dense jungle with foliage everywhere. It seemed like they were only shown some images of the film and told to make up the premise and gametype, it doesn't fit the plot of the film at all.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Tried the Scarif maps in Battlefront the other day after seeing Rouge One. Anyone else feel like these are really lazy maps slapped together to cash in on Rouge One releasing? The maps I did play were just insanely dense jungle with foliage everywhere. It seemed like they were only shown some images of the film and told to make up the premise and gametype, it doesn't fit the plot of the film at all.

At the point of when they made this DLC, the game was being run by a skeleton crew of 10+, so yeah, not that surprising.

5taquitos

It's by far the worst expansion, and the least fitting.

I think parts of the Scarif gameplay were based on earlier scenes from Rogue One that got cut, like the dash with the plans seen in trailers but not in the movie itself. With development lead times and all that, I dont blame them for stuff like that.

Overall though I still agree that this DLC does not seem all that well developed. Feels more novelty than meaningful.

Seigyoku

I think parts of the Scarif gameplay were based on earlier scenes from Rogue One that got cut, like the dash with the plans seen in trailers but not in the movie itself. With development lead times and all that, I dont blame them for stuff like that.

Overall though I still agree that this DLC does not seem all that well developed. Feels more novelty than meaningful.

One thing I noticed some months ago was that the final Battlefront DLC was originally scheduled for early 2017. It was clearly always going to be Rogue One, but wasn't going to have a release date tied to the movie. And then Disney cancelled Disney Infinity, which was supposed to have a Star Wars set in 2016. A set which was to be Rogue One. Ergo, the DI set was going to be like the TFA set last year, released day and date with the movie as the video game tie in, and Battlefront was going to do it's take later and then OH LOOK, Battlefront final DLC moved up to December 2016.

So yeah, I think the devs suddenly had their development timeline rushed by Disney Infinity's cancellation (STILL BITTER BY THE WAY! VERY VERY BITTER), which meant rushed assets and no access to the final visuals.

FN-2187

Man, how do you get kills with the sonic imploder?! I've been trying for like 30 matches and I have only managed to get one and I don't know how I did it. I've killed lots of guys after blinding them but that doesn't seem to count.

FN-2187

Right after that last reply, I managed to get 4 kills in the next match to complete the Hutt contract. Kills with the Death Trooper imploder counted and someone was Krennic for the entire match, so I had three opportunities to be death troopers.

shanafan

I learned tonight that star cards have charges. Oops, I totally was abusing the cards during games not realizing they have limited uses.

.... I did always wonder what that number in the corner meant ....

The T-21 still is better at range.
Meh I'd rather use the t-21b personally. I forgot the t-21 was considered a heavy blaster though tbh, I was comparing the tl-50 to the rt-7c and the dlt-19. Makes both of them obsolete.

For what it's worth I don't think the ar-180 is overpowered though, yeah rifle mode is nice but the long cooldown combined with not having any star cards... I'd rather use the tl-50, e11 or t-21b

LoveCake

Meh I'd rather use the t-21b personally. I forgot the t-21 was considered a heavy blaster though tbh, I was comparing the tl-50 to the rt-7c and the dlt-19. Makes both of them obsolete.

For what it's worth I don't think the ar-180 is overpowered though, yeah rifle mode is nice but the long cooldown combined with not having any star cards... I'd rather use the tl-50, e11 or t-21b

I tend to use the CJ-9 now, before that the TL-50, for enclosed areas the EE-4 but I still like using the A280C.

One of my complaints is in the big 40 man modes, I can go days of continuous playing without getting a hero pickup. How could the developers make it so everyone has better chances of getting to try out these characters?

One of my complaints is in the big 40 man modes, I can go days of continuous playing without getting a hero pickup. How could the developers make it so everyone has better chances of getting to try out these characters?

Make it so the pickups aren't small as shit without any notifications of where they are. The funniest thing is hero pickups were intended to get people who are bad at the game a chance to play them, but all it did was give the experienced players the ability to camp them because they're the only ones who know where they are.

RyanW

This complaint isn't really exclusive to Battlefront but to all DICE games. I really want BF2 to have a proper party system similar to Call of Duty or Halo with little complications to it. I want to be able to easily see who's in my party, I want my friends to be in the searching for game menu with me & not have to push any extra buttons or whatever and go into the game without any difficulty.

I have no idea if this was ever improved because none of my friends still play this and one of the reasons was the complicated party system.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
just got the tl-50

lmao

completely outclasses all the base heavy blasters and it isn't even close

Shame you missed it pre-nerf. It was a beauty.

Without good secondary fire I prefer the DH-17 blaster pistol to any heavy blaster, but I know it can't do any range.

LoveCake

People now are still trying to get the Director Orson Krennic and Jyn Erso Contracts so people are holding on to the hero's as long as they can and in Scarif the Hero's don't seem to spawn very often, the Bespin Cloud City Walker Assault mode, Sabotage at the Administrator's Palace and Carbonite Freezing Chambers seem to be where the hero's spawn the most often in full gameplay other than the Hero modes.

I have to say that after watching Rogue One at the cinema the other day, the Scarif DLC is pretty spot on, I wish that we could have had Chirrut Îmwe as a hero or even better a skin for the Rebels seeing as there is no Rebel skin for level 100 :(

LoveCake

This

Give them to me.

I agree there should be better skins, the Shoretroopers are not different enough from the regular Stormtroopers so the Imperial ground crew outfit may have better than even the Deathtrooper?

The only issue with Chirrut Îmwe outfit would be that maybe he could be considered a Hero I suppose, and with the Jyn Erso type outfit that could I suppose be confused if used with a female head and end up looking like Jyn Erso.

I would have thought they DICE/EA would have thought about this though.

But how many level 100 players are there?

Would Chirrut Îmwe's cloak look too much out of place?
kKBQWck.jpg

I agree there should be better skins, the Shoretroopers are not different enough from the regular Stormtroopers so the Imperial ground crew outfit may have better than even the Deathtrooper?

The only issue with Chirrut Îmwe outfit would be that maybe he could be considered a Hero I suppose, and with the Jyn Erso type outfit that could I suppose be confused if used with a female head and end up looking like Jyn Erso.

I would have thought they DICE/EA would have thought about this though.

But how many level 100 players are there?

Would Chirrut Îmwe's cloak look too much out of place?
http://i.imgur.com/kKBQWck.jpg
It wouldn't really matter if they looked like Jyn unless they give that outfit to her on other maps.
It works in a similar way to Luke and Leia's Endor ponchos style wise but look different enough that it wouldn't confuse people.

RyanW

I really hope we get an influx of in-game events this year leading up to Battlefront 2. I know it's a small team but just a few more double exp events here in there would be really nice.

Also like 1 more big update with things like B-Wings, Y Wings, Defenders, Bombers flyable, Han, Luke, and Leia ANH skins, more unlockable skins, add more support to Skirmish, HvV Blast, DLC support in Missions, new achievements, and fixes to bugs and performance. A lot to ask. Probably won't happen and I know some of these things have been scrapped, but man a guy can dream.

WillyFive

I really hope we get an influx of in-game events this year leading up to Battlefront 2. I know it's a small team but just a few more double exp events here in there would be really nice.

Also like 1 more big update with things like B-Wings, Y Wings, Defenders, Bombers flyable, Han, Luke, and Leia ANH skins, more unlockable skins, add more support to Skirmish, HvV Blast, DLC support in Missions, new achievements, and fixes to bugs and performance. A lot to ask. Probably won't happen and I know some of these things have been scrapped, but man a guy can dream.

I think at this point the 10 or so people they had left working on this game have been absorbed into Battlefront 2.

Top Bottom