• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

The only thing I am worried about is if we can still play in third person or not. The Amazon pave mentions a weapon mod that increases zoom. That doesn't go either way to proving or disproving TPS but I'd still like a solid yes.

Will this have space battles similar to BF 2. I mean I am pretty sure it won't have anything like the cancelled BF3 game. But i hope it atleast have something similar to BF2 space battles. I was overall dissapointed with the trailer as i wanted to see gameplay and what modes battlefront 2 (DiCE) was going to have. The trailer showed nothing that's important imo. Also i can already predict the story lol you play as imperial character/first order (Seems like every SW games these days make you play as an imperial atleast single player focused ones) then you will probably have change of heart and join rebels.

JDHarbs

Really really hoping for no season pass. Free maps + paid customization has been proven to be more profitable for other major titles anyway I think. It feels like Battlefield and Battlefront have been the only ones still using the old model anymore.

Really really hoping for no season pass. Free maps + paid customization has been proven to be more profitable for other major titles anyway I think. It feels like Battlefield and Battlefront have been the only ones still using the old model anymore.
They already confirmed no season pass.

Palpable

Of course, the day I moved into the house I bought is the day this shit lands. Would someone be so kind as to summarize everything we know & link me to the trailer? I'd appreciate it greatly

Ozorov

Gimme a server browser and vehicles/ships that are on the ground, not pick-ups. And we're good

Edit: Seems like they're not going were they're on the ground.

"You shouldn't just feel invested in your favourite picks, but like you truly deserved to break them out mid-battle. One of the most dogged criticisms of DICE's first Battlefront game was that it rarely made you feel like you earned its biggest rewards. Accessing gadgets, vehicles and nigh-unstoppable heroes via floating holographic coins might have made things a little smoother - no more TIE Fighter bunfights as whole teams tried to climb into one cockpit - but it was hardly satisfying. The fact that collecting those power-ups was mostly a matter of good luck at the expense of other players, and that those moments could end pretty suddenly only compounded the issue.

Executive producer Matt Webster summarises that problem well: ”it was a brief experience for the lucky few." It's clearly a rehearsed line, most likely because a major part of the multiplayer team's job has been to fix it. While the devs, again, won't delve deep into exactly how the system will work, we're told that both heroes and vehicles will now work on what the team calls ”a resource-based system"."

Ozorov

Some new information from their site:

Star Wars Battlefront II introduces a new single-player Star Wars™ story. You play the role of Commander Iden Versio, leader of the Galactic Empire’s elite special forces unit, Inferno Squad. After witnessing the destruction of the second Death Star, Iden’s team embarks on an extraordinary odyssey of revenge, betrayal, and redemption spanning the 30 year gap between Star Wars™: Return of the Jedi™ and Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™. Along the way, she and her companions encounter a cast of Star Wars' greatest characters. You'll take control of many of these beloved heroes in an adventure ranging across a series of fantastic planets, including awe-inspiring settings you've never seen before.

These Hero characters are also highlighted in the vastly-expanded multiplayer. Darth Maul, Yoda, Kylo Ren, Luke Skywalker, Rey, and many more iconic (and feared) characters from all three cinematic eras will be playable. In certain modes, you'll be able to pit heroes from the prequels trilogy, original trilogy, and new trilogy against one another in combat.

Really hope they don't do any nonsense paint customisation for Stormtroopers. It's fine on clone troopers because we've seen them have more freedom but doing it on stormtroopers would miss the entire point. I don't wanna see some neon pink leopard print stormtrooper running around on Hoth.

Ozorov

I would hope so especially since they're adding in specific class roles and the whole SP is based off a squad.

Now just give me conquest and I'm in

Yes, conquest pleaaaaaaaaaaase

Anyone who pre-orders the Standard Edition will get a whole range of rewards, including exclusive* Star Wars: The Last Jedi™-themed looks for Kylo Ren and Rey, an ability modifier that upgrades the Millennium Falcon, epic ability modifiers for Rey and Kylo Ren, and more. Players purchasing the Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition receive upgraded versions of all Trooper classes, a A280-CFE blaster rifle† instant weapon unlock, an enhanced scope modification, and an epic ability modifier.

Makes me think they will go some unlock system kinda like BF1, but instead of them being just skins they're ingame gadgets. And my guess is (since no season pass) we'll have microtransations involved. But I'm fine with that, as long as all the maps and modes are free.

Really hope they don't do any nonsense paint customisation for Stormtroopers. It's fine on clone troopers because we've seen them have more freedom but doing it on stormtroopers would miss the entire point. I don't wanna see some neon pink leopard print stormtrooper running around on Hoth.
I doubt LucasFilm would allow something like that.

The (very likely) microtransactions aspect has me fearing the worst!

Lots of alternate skins for heroes too.

Yep those too.
Man, if you think about it, they have so much stuff they can monetize, now that they've gone all eras.
If they play their cards right, EA is going to make so much more bank than they've would've made with a traditional season pass.

daedalius

So the presentation for Battlefront 2 got me hyped enough to pick up the digital ultimate edition of Battlefront 1, hopefully it still has a decent community on Xbone?

I haven't played since the beta, which I enjoyed, but for some reason didn't pull the trigger on buying at the time. Looks like the DLC added a lot of great content!

Yeah, that's never going to happen. Expecting a shit ton of paid alien skins though.
which I'm all going to buy probably

Honestly if they go real deep on species this time i'd be open to paid aliens.
But im talking adding anything with a legitimate presence like...
Nautolan(Kit Fisto)
Tholothian(Adi Gallia)
Togruta(Shaak-ti, Ahsoka)
Kel Dor(Plo Koon)
Dathomirian(Assaj, Night Sisters)
Mirialan(Luminara, Barris)

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
So the presentation for Battlefront 2 got me hyped enough to pick up the digital ultimate edition of Battlefront 1, hopefully it still has a decent community on Xbone?

I haven't played since the beta, which I enjoyed, but for some reason didn't pull the trigger on buying at the time. Looks like the DLC added a lot of great content!

check http://swbstats.com/ to see how many people are playing. Xbox One is fine. Not as many players as PS4 but more than PC.

for comparison:

Battlefield 3 (2011): http://bf3stats.com/
Battlefield 4 (2013): https://bf4stats.com/
Battlefield 1 (2016): http://bf1stats.com/

Xbox is still good Double D.

Plenty of players.

Hey all,

After the trailer for 2 I had to reinstall the first game on PC. I never bought the pass, is there a specific DLC that is still pretty active on PC? Would be fun to buy one and get my Star Wars fix.

daedalius

Xbox is still good Double D.

Plenty of players.

Yea I played a bunch last night and barely had to wait to get matched. Although I definitely understand why they don't want to do DLC packs in 2, considering almost every game I got was vanilla stuff unless I specifically went into the DLC playlists (which the death star one was pretty awesome)

Top Bottom