• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Palpable

I'm excited for the reveal trailer. The reveal trailer for the first game is actually my favorite. The bit where the walker is bombed, silence, and it comes crashing down is just so cool. I hope not too many gameplay bits are changed for bf2. I need to retain my skill level lol

Ozorov

I'm excited for the reveal trailer. The reveal trailer for the first game is actually my favorite. The bit where the walker is bombed, silence, and it comes crashing down is just so cool. I hope not too many gameplay bits are changed for bf2. I need to retain my skill level lol
If the rumors are true we will "only" get a campaign trailer at SWC and multi at E3

The Dude

I still stand by the original, I always come back to it. Just a fun shooter that totally captures the star wars feel.

I'm currently playing Final Fantasy XV and came across this area:

IyIZPkQ.jpg

Immediately wanted to play a round of Dropzone on Sullust :)
Good times.

I want a Tantive IV map with a skin for Vader that reflects his look from the original film and Rogue One.

God, there's so many little things I'd like in the sequel just because I'm an absolute nerd for that sort of stuff. Gimme that updated Stormtrooper armour from Rogue One that really looks no different from the original other than being symmetrical and having more sculpted detail. It's all digital files now, anyway.

Thought I'd share this Shock Trooper I painted up from a Bandai Sandtrooper kit, so there's a few differences, but I thought I'd give it a go!

tumblr_oo87u0vcrR1sar356o5_1280.jpg

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I'd actually be surprised if there were. They had every chance​ to add microtransactions to the first game yet they didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Disney exerting control in preventing them. They want the series to be as accessible and inclusive as possible.
It's kind of ironic that the attempts to make it accessible resulted in the most complicated and noob unfriendly set-up possible while simultaneously disappointing the committed players. BF4 with its 6 billion gun configurations, server browsers, etc is still much more easy to understand and a lot more welcoming.

It's kind of ironic that the attempts to make it accessible resulted in the most complicated and noob unfriendly set-up possible while simultaneously disappointing the committed players. BF4 with its 6 billion gun configurations, server browsers, etc is still much more easy to understand and a lot more welcoming.

lol, no it ain't.

WillyFive

It takes a good 60 or 70 hours of playtime to even get used to the basic mechanics of BF4.

You're kidding right?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
You're kidding right?
I'm being serious, the star cards, jabba contracts, credits to buy contracts, trait cards, hero drops, unexplained hero abilities, expansions that can only be played separate from the 'main' game, game modes that are only available in some expansions, basic abilities locked behind levels, etc, etc. It's a total mess, I've 100+ hours in both and BF4 makes a whole lot more sense. I sometimes don't even pick up hero pick-ups because I don't want to waste them, because it is so rare to play as a hero unless you play the specific hero modes. Maybe at first it was a lot simpler, but as the expansions have been added, it has gotten laden down with all the bolted on crap.

I don't love or hate the prequels, let's just say I tolerate them, but this opens up a huge catalogue of skins, vehicles, heroes and gadgets to monetize through micro transactions. And that in turn opens up the possibility of free DLC maps. So I'm ok with it.
and Darth Maul helps too

Ozorov

I don't love or hate the prequels, let's just say I tolerate them, but this opens up a huge catalogue of skins, vehicles, heroes and gadgets to monetize through micro transactions. And that in turn opens up the possibility of free DLC maps. So I'm ok with it.
and Darth Maul helps too

Just imagine Darth Vader, Maul and Kylo vs Luke, Yoda and Obi-Wan. Hnnnghhghghhghg

Since Clone Wars is in(thank god), my dream would be for the developers to make a basic 'Jedi' hero and then make a lot of skins for it so that you can be a variety of characters without the developers having to make sure each one is unique.

So you'd have Obi-wan, Anakin, and Yoda as unique heroes but then another Jedi hero that you can change to be Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Ayla Secura, etc.

Most likely not gonna happen, but I can finally dream.

Ozorov

I hope they do. I really don't want to be forced to play prequel era content when I don't feel like it.

Server browser would help with this, but I doubt we'll get it.

Server browser is a fucking must. If they don't include a server browser I will rage. I will not tolerate this playlist shit again, specially with the DLCs.

I just hope they won't turn each era into a separate playlist...
I really hope they do. I fucking hate Clone Wars and I don't want to play it at all.

Let's hope there is a server browser and server renting so we can get more customization. I know my ladder site will set up a GCW server if we can.

Ozorov

I really hope they do. I fucking hate Clone Wars and I don't want to play it at all.

Let's hope there is a server browser and server renting so we can get more customization. I know my ladder site will set up a GCW server if we can.

A server browser a lá BF4 would solve that. Just take out the maps you don't wanna play etc. And find a server that doesnt include clone wars

Nemic77

Server browser is a fucking must. If they don't include a server browser I will rage. I will not tolerate this playlist shit again, specially with the DLCs.

So far they have shown they took notice of the main criticisms of the last Battlefront, and the playlist system / no server browser was one of them. We shall see...

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
they super need a server browser just reinstalled battlefront and cant find any damn games all empty then someone joins then quits server browser would of fixed this

Nemic77

Would be cool if there was Rogue One content as well. The movie had a bunch of interesting characters, weapons and vehicles that would be cool to play with.

Youtube version of the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRiTqwwaS8U

I really hope the gameplay is mostly unaltered. I don't wanna relearn it all.

Yeah, I think the movement and shooting was pretty good but they definitely need to rebalance the whole card system. Jetpack was pretty much a must have and the infinite grenade spam was a bit annoying at times when matches boiled down to battles of attrition at choke points.

I would also like to see proper vehicle spawns instead of the randomly generating icons scattered across the map.

Ozorov

According to the Star Wars Show, http://www.battlefront2.com/ should be pointing to a teaser image with more to come tomorrow, but it seems it's not up yet.

Maybe the teaser that just leaked will come tomorrow and a lengthier one on Saturday?
There is some tease picture of some sort.

It says "Full trailer coming 15 April"

Also; "Try out one of the oldest tricks in the book. Sign up for the STAR WARS Newsletter and receive the exclusive in-game "Not the Droids" emote."

Hopefully the fact that they are still including emotes means that the core game and it's design philosophy hasn't changed significantly.

I don't expect anyone to use it now, but I've created a Discord channel for BattlefrontGAF that will carry over to the OT for SWBF2.

https://discord.gg/bAv8E

Toa TAK

Banned
they happened and many people wish they hadn't. ; )

I'm glad they did.

We got a lot of great content out of it, like The Clone Wars, an expanded lore, etc.

Movie sucked, sure, but I don't get why people dog on those who like that era. A lot of us who liked it grew up with it in the same way older fans grew up with the OT. No one will ever take that away from us, especially the actual fans themselves. That's just insulting.

Top Bottom