• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

OldMan

Banned
What do you mean?
These circles are perfect for avatars
8b66de80295c828e270d36ee748d24c2.png

And the themes on the store are there, but not for sale. At least on PlayStation.

Battlefront 2 needs maps with platforms at different levels to traverse especially with the jet packs. Dice!!

Sorting out my star cards right now and I really hope they bring in a class system for Battlefront 2. Being able to be a vehicle destroying, machine-gunning medic while staying off radar is a bit much, y'know? It'll help increase teamwork because the current system has everyone lonewolfing it to get the most kills. Maybe make stats be more about "Most health given" and less "Most kills".

There needs to be some kind of depth to keep players hooked because I'm having a hard time finding some matches these days.

Ozorov

Sorting out my star cards right now and I really hope they bring in a class system for Battlefront 2. Being able to be a vehicle destroying, machine-gunning medic while staying off radar is a bit much, y'know? It'll help increase teamwork because the current system has everyone lonewolfing it to get the most kills. Maybe make stats be more about "Most health given" and less "Most kills".

There needs to be some kind of depth to keep players hooked because I'm having a hard time finding some matches these days.

Yeah, I hope they add some kind of class system.

FN-2187

For anyone who doesn't care to watch the video, the five were:
Kashyyyk
Coruscant
Rhen Var
Tatooine (Mos Eisley, specifically)
Starkiller Base

Those seem pretty good, but I must not be up on my EU as I had never heard of Rhen Var. I'd replace that one with Jedha City or Darth Vader's castle from Rogue One. I really hope Battlefront 2 includes the Clone Wars. I know people hate the prequels, but the Clone Wars cartoon was pretty amazing and redeemed a lot of the crappy stuff in those movies.

WillyFive

How these youngins can tolerate anything related to the Prequels is a mystery to me.

I don't really know why you can't. They are bad movies sure, but it seems you can't separate the quality of the movie from the Star Wars universe depicted in it.

A solid Clone Wars expansion that's a bit bigger than the normal DLC packs would be nice
An expansion is actually what I'm expecting. I'm guessing they're changing up the game mechanics, implementing new maps, reworking old maps, adding sequel trilogy content... It seems like there wouldn't be enough time to also add the Clone Wars into the base game, unless my understanding of game development is off.

Ozorov

An expansion is actually what I'm expecting. I'm guessing they're changing up the game mechanics, implementing new maps, reworking old maps, adding sequel trilogy content... It seems like there wouldn't be enough time to also add the Clone Wars into the base game, unless my understanding of game development is off.

I wonder how they will do with all the maps that are in Battlefront 1. If they new game will be OT+Ep7+Rogue One+Ep 8(?). Will they skip the marsch Hoth-map etc?

RyanW

I wonder how they will do with all the maps that are in Battlefront 1. If they new game will be OT+Ep7+Rogue One+Ep 8(?). Will they skip the marsch Hoth-map etc?

I hope they just rework the maps to be less linear and have them open to work with modes like Conquest(if they actually decide to add that mode).

Tapejara

As I've said in this thread before - assuming there are no significant changes to the core gameplay/structure - I'm hoping most of the content from the original will be in BF2 in some form. I doubt they're going to scrap Walker Assault, and I'd love to have Sabotage and Extraction make a return. If DICE can make a significant amount of TFA/TLJ content, plus maybe some more OT stuff and include most of the content from the original on day one, I'll be quite happy with my purchase.

So many multiplayer sequels drop the content from previous releases and start fresh and it kind of bugs me. Look at Call of Duty, there are so many great DLC maps released each year that are lost to time because no one is playing the older games anymore and for whatever reason the previous maps are never brought forward. It just sucks.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Decided to hop back into game for a bit.

Did they weaken the ATAT HP recently? Kinda glad they did.

Antone else been having connection issues? They've been popping up a lot lately but my internet has been fine.
I think they'll skip some of the less popular maps and tweak the ones they plan to keep.

We're also sure to get a DLC pack based on popular BF1 maps, if the Battlefield releases are anything to go by.
People were upset at the lack of content such as maps in the first game and to remove them from the sequel only to resell them later would be a bad move, even if we include the first games DLC maps.

I'd be 100% okay if they made all new maps free but charged for access to new modes, heroes, and weapons.

They also need to streamline the modes.

Classic Conquest
Walker Assault
Fighter Squadron
Drop Zone
Cargo
Domination
Blast
Hero Blast (Hero Assault from SWBF2005)

Drop Supremacy, Turning Point, Droid Run, Hero Hunt, Heroes vs. Villains, and whatever else I missed.

Woorloog

Banned
I would assume that there will be loot crates. Every fucking shooter seems to have them now so...

Shooter market is depressing :(

I would assume that there will be loot crates. Every fucking shooter seems to have them now so...

Shooter market is depressing :(
I'd actually be surprised if there were. They had every chance​ to add microtransactions to the first game yet they didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Disney exerting control in preventing them. They want the series to be as accessible and inclusive as possible.

I'd be 100% okay if they made all new maps free but charged for access to new modes, heroes, and weapons.

They also need to streamline the modes.

Classic Conquest
Walker Assault
Fighter Squadron
Drop Zone
Cargo
Domination
Blast
Hero Blast (Hero Assault from SWBF2005)

Drop Supremacy, Turning Point, Droid Run, Hero Hunt, Heroes vs. Villains, and whatever else I missed.
I agree with all of this.

I'm going to be disappointed if Prequel characters and maps don't make it. Hate all you want, the characters are many varied and awesome. I want the chance to kill Yoda or Obi-Wan as Darth Maul.

WillyFive

I....I don't think we're going to get even half of what you guys are wanting here lol

Yeah, the team at DICE that was given the Battlefront IP are among the most talented in the industry at finding a way to disappoint in every single aspect of their game. They have a passion for underwhelming and bringing in less than even the most conservative expectations at content.

Top Bottom