• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Ha cool! Hopefully they can get the real voice actors for the heroes for the second one.
Yeah, I'm hoping so too. They should bring them in and scan their likeness too. Hope they can get Harrison Ford for old Han.
This is cool beyond words!
Yeah! I was pretty happy hahaha.
So since the thread has staled since the final DLC dropped. Do you people still play it daily, now and then or have you putted it on the shelf waiting for Battlefront 2?
I bought this like 3 weeks ago (ultimate edition) so I hope it can hold me over until Battlefront 2. Not gonna play to the point of staleness, though.

So since the thread has staled since the final DLC dropped. Do you people still play it daily, now and then or have you putted it on the shelf waiting for Battlefront 2?

After playing a shit ton of BF1 and Skyrim SE, I went back to Battlefront to wrap up the lvl 100 trophy and now I'm totally hooked again :)
Really, really digging Death Star DLC at the moment.
I will probably play until March, which is going to be a crazy month with ME, Horizon and BF1 DLC.

Ozorov

I'm barely playing games right now to begin with, but Battlefront has been completely shelved for me right now.

BF1 and Titanfall 2 have my multiplayer focus.

I would've been back with a vengeance if there were a Pro patch.
Battlefront 2 should get Pro-support I would assume. We'll finally get native 1080P :D.

Just got into again it this morning for a quickie, but I've pretty much dropped it. To its credit, it took longer to get stale as a mere stress-reliever than I thought, especially since I only got 1 DLC pack.
What DLC-pack did you get?

Yeah, I'm hoping so too. They should bring them in and scan their likeness too. Hope they can get Harrison Ford for old Han.

Yeah! I was pretty happy hahaha.

I bought this like 3 weeks ago (ultimate edition) so I hope it can hold me over until Battlefront 2. Not gonna play to the point of staleness, though.
How much is the ultimate edition now?

After playing a shit ton of BF1 and Skyrim SE, I went back to Battlefront to wrap up the lvl 100 trophy and now I'm totally hooked again :)
Really, really digging Death Star DLC at the moment.
I will probably play until March, which is going to be a crazy month with ME, Horizon and BF1 DLC.
You're still playing BF1? I got tired of that after 1 month :(. But since I got the ultimate edition I'll jump back with the French-DLC :D. And yeah the Death Star-DLC has grown in me also. It's my second favorite DLC-pack after Outer Rim.

Tapejara

I think I burnt myself out on the Bespin DLC. Love Sabotage mode so much, but after ~14 hours I think I need to switch things up. Though I really want to get the shock grenades and X-8 Night Sniper to finish off the Bespin trophies.

Death Star and Rogue One packs don't really do much for me. Not a fan of space combat in this game, making the first third of Battle Station and Infiltration feel like a chore (the last third of Battle Station gets a pass because it's the trench run :p). I also have yet to see Rogue One so running around Scarif doesn't have much of an impact on me. It does look goddamn gorgeous though, especially the Landing Pad 13 map at sunset.

Scarif got old quite fast and is definitely nowhere near as detailed as the other DLC maps. The visuals feel like a downgrade and the boundaries are a bit of a mess. I'd say my favourite DLC maps came from Outer Rim and Death Star.

I really hope they overhaul space combat so it's somewhat fun to play. How it plays now puts me off playing Battle Station and Infiltration.
How much is the ultimate edition now?
I bought it for £24.99 during the January sale but I think it's gone back up to £39.99 now.

Ozorov

Do you guys think they'll reveal Battlefront 2 at celebration? IIRC they showed Battlefront (1) at celebration for the first time?

Woorloog

Banned
Bought this (well, ultimate edition) from XBL sale for Xbone. (Still haven't fixed my PC.)

Man, some things have changed since i last played last spring.

Is there still two hands, and if there is, does unlocking the second need something special or just rank? Can't recall how things were a year ago or so...

Ozorov

On Star Wars Battlefront 2, EA CEO Andrew Wilson said he knows fans have asked for more depth. The sequel will have more games modes, a single-player campaign, and content from multiple Star Wars eras. Wilson said EA has every reason to believe it is delivering what fans want from the game.

And

https://twitter.com/eastarwars/status/826571024573591552

From EAs quarterly call

This is also the first time DICE-employees have 'confirmed' working on Battlefront 2.
https://twitter.com/phatseejay/status/826716763454861313

Ozorov

I'd like less game modes.

Yeah me too. I don't think it will have more game modes and probably the CEO-dude just said it cause "more is better" so I hope he meant more content. But that has been confirmed before. If it really is going to have more game modes, how many will there be? Don't like Battlefront already have like 14 game modes if you include all the DLC-ones?

Electret

Hi folks,

I noticed the season pass is discounted until the 7th for PS Plus subscribers. Just wondering - if I pick it up can I expect the added maps to be populated enough to find games? I'm in North America.

Thanks!

Arttemis

I hate how the DLC maps are totally separated from the main playlists. Season pass segregation sucks.
Hi folks,

I noticed the season pass is discounted until the 7th for PS Plus subscribers. Just wondering - if I pick it up can I expect the added maps to be populated enough to find games? I'm in North America.

Thanks!
Yes, every game mode is very popular on PS4.

Ozorov

The only time the game dropped frames is when crazy shit like 3 thermal imploders and a ton of alpha effects going at the same time happened. It should fix that now. Instead of 98% stable 60fps it'll be 100%.
Yeah it already runs supersmooth. will be interesting to see What Pro/scorpio-mode battlefront 2 will have. I judt want locked 60 and 1080

Edit: "Star Wars Battlefront - ran 98% perfectly before, 100% solid 60fps now, even with tons of alpha effects."

Ozorov

Saw a thread about loading times in Battlefront so I decided to test some stuff out with the new Boost mode.
PS4 Pro Original HDD No Boost-mode (All DLCs installed):
Infiltration mode Scarif #1 : 34 sec
Infiltration mode Scarif #2 : 46 sec
Battle Station #1: 1 min 14 sec
Battle Station #2: 1 min 14 sec
WA Hoth: 1 min 11 sec
HvV: 1 min 7 sec

PS4 Pro SSD No Boost-mode (None DLCs installed):
WA Random map (Twilight on hoth): 50 sec
WA Random map #2 (Survivors of endor): 24 sec
WA Random map #3 (Survivors of endor): 24 sec
WA Hoth: 23 sec
HvV Random map: 21 sec
Diorama load: 21 sec

PS4 Pro SSD Boost-mode (None DLCs installed):
WA Random map: (Jakku): 22 sec
WA Random map #2 (Survivors of endor): 19 sec
WA Random map #3 (Hoth): 19 sec
HvV Random map: 18 sec
Diorama load: 17 sec

PS4 Pro SSD No Boost-mode (All DLCs installed):
Infiltration mode Scarif #1 : 30
Battle Station: 21 sec

PS4 Pro SSD Boost-mode (All DLCs installed):
Infiltration mode Scarif #1 : 24 sec
Battle Station: 17 sec

Boost mode gives a nice boost (heheheeheh). And SSD is the king

LoveCake

Been playing a couple of times this weekend and what has happened to the Death Star mode, it is impossible to get R2D2 to the extraction point now for some reason.

Woorloog

Banned
I'd vote for a proper class system. If nothing else, it would force people to use anti-vehicle weapons... Well, at least those who'd play Engineer-equivalent.

Any of the newer rogue one weapons worth unlocking?

The DT-23 is fun but falls apart in that reloading blocks using cards or sprinting or whatever else. Only 6 shots too... Basically you need Cooling Cell and it better not run out before you kill all your enemies.

A180 is OK but falls apart in that the alternate modes take over the card slots AND are limited use only. Blaster Rifle mode lasts like 5-7 seconds (can't overheat though) and the sniper and ion modes are one shot only. The sniper is powerful but not sure it is worth it.

Not really worth it. Play as Krennic or Jyn to experience the weapons.

Woorloog

Banned

Ozorov

Did we ever got an official survey about Battlefront from DICE/EA? I think I recall we got one but I don't know if it was just made by someone random or if it was official.

Edit: Anyone on PS4 (EU) having lag issues since the latest patch? I've got to the red "Unplayable"-zone maybe once or twice per game. But then back to perfect conditions after a few seconds.

Edit2: Nwm, was probably some settings on my router

Arttemis

Saw a thread about loading times in Battlefront so I decided to test some stuff out with the new Boost mode.
PS4 Pro Original HDD No Boost-mode (All DLCs installed):
Infiltration mode Scarif #1 : 34 sec
Infiltration mode Scarif #2 : 46 sec
Battle Station #1: 1 min 14 sec
Battle Station #2: 1 min 14 sec
WA Hoth: 1 min 11 sec
HvV: 1 min 7 sec

PS4 Pro SSD No Boost-mode (None DLCs installed):
WA Random map (Twilight on hoth): 50 sec
WA Random map #2 (Survivors of endor): 24 sec
WA Random map #3 (Survivors of endor): 24 sec
WA Hoth: 23 sec
HvV Random map: 21 sec
Diorama load: 21 sec

PS4 Pro SSD Boost-mode (None DLCs installed):
WA Random map: (Jakku): 22 sec
WA Random map #2 (Survivors of endor): 19 sec
WA Random map #3 (Hoth): 19 sec
HvV Random map: 18 sec
Diorama load: 17 sec

PS4 Pro SSD No Boost-mode (All DLCs installed):
Infiltration mode Scarif #1 : 30
Battle Station: 21 sec

PS4 Pro SSD Boost-mode (All DLCs installed):
Infiltration mode Scarif #1 : 24 sec
Battle Station: 17 sec

Boost mode gives a nice boost (heheheeheh). And SSD is the king

Very awesome analysis! With the 4.50 patch coming out, I think I'm going to house my 2TB SSHD in an external enclosure and buy a ~500 GB SSD for inside, transferring just my favorite/current games to the internal, faster drive.

EDIT - Scratch that, I'll buy a full sized 3.5" HDD 6-8 TBs for the external drive, and I'll just keep all the chaff on that. Going all digital on PS4 is about to become so much better with the 4.50 patch!

Ozorov

Very awesome analysis! With the 4.50 patch coming out, I think I'm going to house my 2TB SSHD in an external enclosure and buy a ~500 GB SSD for inside, transferring just my favorite/current games to the internal, faster drive.

EDIT - Scratch that, I'll buy a full sized 3.5" HDD 6-8 TBs for the external drive, and I'll just keep all the chaff on that. Going all digital on PS4 is about to become so much better with the 4.50 patch!

SSD is a huge upgrade if you can afford it. I almost load too quick into games and I've to a good while when everybody else loads in :D.

Also the textures seems to load in faster in boost mode, it's not a problem in Battlefront but you notice big difference in BF4 for example. See DigitalFoundarys video on that if you're interested.

Regarding Battlefront 2;

Their official twitter is naming it as "Star Wars Battlefront 2", dunno if thats the title or just something they're using. And they also said we'll get more information in the "near future". I hope we'll see something at Celebration. The past two Celebrations EA/DICE has announced at least something Battlefront-newsworthy. 2015 they launched the reveal trailer at the event and in 2016 they announced the last DLC-pack, Rouge One.

MrDaravon

I'm STILL goddamn fucking pissed about the Hero Hunt wins bullshit in the Diorama. I legitimately cannot believe they never adjusted it. I'm still playing the game on a regular basis, my overall skill, K/D and win % continue to climb and yet it is still fucking impossible to come out on top in a Hero Hunt lobby.

Ozorov

I'm STILL goddamn fucking pissed about the Hero Hunt wins bullshit in the Diorama. I legitimately cannot believe they never adjusted it. I'm still playing the game on a regular basis, my overall skill, K/D and win % continue to climb and yet it is still fucking impossible to come out on top in a Hero Hunt lobby.
I think I have played two games of hero hunt since release. :(

The Star Wars nerd in me is hoping they use the updated Stormtrooper look from Rogue One for the sequel. Also if there are any SW (1977) specific maps, that they have Vader with the inner cape over the shoulder guard and red eye lenses just like how he looked in the film. Give Luke his ESB X-Wing pilot outfit and the Bespin outfit too.

OldMan

Banned
pb9K3FE.jpg

Thinking about reinstalling this on PS4. However, I only have the base game and haven't played since around launch time. Is it still easy to find games on the PS4 if I don't have any of the DLC? Or is the DLC pretty much a requirement at this point in order to find games?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Thinking about reinstalling this on PS4. However, I only have the base game and haven't played since around launch time. Is it still easy to find games on the PS4 if I don't have any of the DLC? Or is the DLC pretty much a requirement at this point in order to find games?

Yeah, still easy to find games w/o DLC.

MrDaravon

Been playing a fair amount lately, I really goddamn wish the game had better matchmaking/rebalancing still. In Supremacy 90%+ of matches are the same 1-3 people camping for hero/vehicle spawns then just completely shitting on everyone else. Player population probably doesn't help, even on PS4 I see a lot of the same names and half of them I literally just quit immediately if I'm not on their team. Most matches have 2-3 people on the winning team with fucking absurd K/D's (60-2 etc) because they just always get the hero/AT-AT/AT-ST spawns. It's kind of fucking dumb, and a lot of it is Bossk to be honest; in the hands of a good player who is willing to play like a bitch it's so goddamn easy to steamroll a team. I wouldn't even consider myself that good and I had two matches the other night with him where I went over 50 kills with 0 deaths. It's stupid. I normally do pretty well (my K/D is up to like 1.38) but I was on this team last night with these two guys for like 10 games in a row where they were both such goddamn beasts (every single game 60+ kills with single digit deaths) that I was actually going negative most matches for the first time in like a year because I literally couldn't fucking find people to kill lol.

On the other hand I don't know how you solve that particular problem; obviously good players should always do better, and heroes should be a changing force in the battle, but a good player just completely crushing an entire 20-person team for an entire match is a problem. I don't know what the answer really is though, do you just put a timer on heroes and don't let someone be one more than one a match or what? Token/powerup drop system needs to go regardless though, a lot of the top players just camp for them, I've gone entire play sessions at a time without getting a single hero token because someone is a hero the entire match, or waiting at it's respawn location.

Cardon

So I've played this game for over 100 hours, play seriously and smartly, and love the game overall. However, I was in a Supremacy match this past weekend in which a player on the opposing team went 180-2 as Bossk. Like, the dude had one hit kills and somehow was getting his health back up to 100%. So was that guy a god or perhaps cheating? Like I've never seen anyone go on a rampage like that before as a hero. At the most I've seen someone rack up 60-70 kills as Luke or Vader before eventually getting killed.

Woorloog

Banned
Bossk is overpowered certainly... 180 kills is suspicious but not impossible if the player really knew how to use Bossks abilities to their fullest.
I have a vague recollection of seeing someone reach 100 or so kills with Boba Fett, so 180 with Bossk may be possible.

people camping for hero/vehicle spawns then just completely shitting on everyone else.

They really have to change that Heroes can only be around for a specific time. Like the way the beta had it. But for whatever reason they changed it and it IMO fucked up the entire Balance around the heroes.

At this point im just waiting for BF2 and i hope they changed a lot from the first game.

I'll be fine if they make the decision to not bring over all the DLC heroes (specifically Jyn and Krennic). I agree with everyone else in that they definitely need a new system; the token pickup system is quite bad.

Also, they really need to make the roll function with just a tap and directional input rather than double tap, like the original Batefront II.

Palpable

Anyone else having trouble connecting to EA's servers? Was in the middle of a cargo match & it kicked me out, wont let me back on.

Ozorov

EAStarWars‏Verified account @EAStarWars 1m1 minute ago

We would be honored if you'd join us. EA Star Wars will be at @SW_Celebration sharing the latest in Star Wars games:

It's happening.

FN-2187

EAStarWars‏Verified account @EAStarWars 1m1 minute ago

We would be honored if you'd join us. EA Star Wars will be at @SW_Celebration sharing the latest in Star Wars games:

It's happening.

Give them all to me!!!
Except the free-to-play mobile games.

Top Bottom