• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

I'll bet you a million galactic credits there's a similar thread on the announcement of the 50$ season pass, with the same types of responses, by probably even the same people.
I love GAF, but shit gets so toxic sometimes.

JWiLL

Banned
They probably think EA game = automatically bad, yet masturbate to Titanfall and Battlefield.

I mean...Titanfall 2 is a Respawn game.

I think the hate probably stems more from the bad taste the first game left with a lot of people, more so than anything Starwars or EA related.

Destiny gets the same thing.

Is it PC only, or do us PS4 peasants also have a chance?

Anyway, I suggest someone with Twitter sends one of the devs a screenshot of the Wall of Shame and demands that everybody in the top 20 will get a alpha code...

MrDaravon

If there is a PS4 Alpha I really really hope to get in. Still play the original multiple times a week, have the DE digitally pre-ordered and I stream most of the time and upload to Youtube on a regular basis. EA pls

Ozorov

If there is a PS4 Alpha I really really hope to get in. Still play the original multiple times a week, have the DE digitally pre-ordered and I stream most of the time and upload to Youtube on a regular basis. EA pls
Seems like the PC-alpha codes are just sent out to random people. People who are sub-level 20 in the first game got it in etc. But I hope we get a console alpha and all of us in the Wall of shame gets in ;)

Edit: "For those asking - the Alpha is PC only." / Producer @ DICE. :(

MrDaravon

Seems like the PC-alpha codes are just sent out to random people. People who are sub-level 20 in the first game got it in etc. But I hope we get a console alpha and all of us in the Wall of shame gets in ;)

Edit: "For those asking - the Alpha is PC only." / Producer @ DICE. :(

Alpha being PC only doesn't really surprise me sadly :(

I'm good for the beta though; Battlefront 2 is the first game (I think?) that I have ever digitally pre-ordered on any platform, I'm now part of the problem lol. I generally feel strongly about own games physically unless it's at a huge discount or it's an online only game for me like Destiny, and in this case Battlefront. I got the first game physically but in one of the ~$10 PSN sales for the game I picked it up digitally because I was playing it often enough and swapping games enough where it was worth the convenience and I'm glad I did.

On a completely unrelated note, I think Blast Master is borderline impossible to get. I've largely written off getting it but fuck around here and there in Blast, but with the difficulty in getting a group together and on the same team and then also winning by 75+ it's just dumb. It should really have been 100-50. Closest I've gotten is 100-34ish and that was just a complete slaughter already. It's literally the only thing in-game I don't have done other than the Base Command stuff.

Ozorov

Alpha being PC only doesn't really surprise me sadly :(

I'm good for the beta though; Battlefront 2 is the first game (I think?) that I have ever digitally pre-ordered on any platform, I'm now part of the problem lol. I generally feel strongly about own games physically unless it's at a huge discount or it's an online only game for me like Destiny, and in this case Battlefront. I got the first game physically but in one of the ~$10 PSN sales for the game I picked it up digitally because I was playing it often enough and swapping games enough where it was worth the convenience and I'm glad I did.

On a completely unrelated note, I think Blast Master is borderline impossible to get. I've largely written off getting it but fuck around here and there in Blast, but with the difficulty in getting a group together and on the same team and then also winning by 75+ it's just dumb. It should really have been 100-50. Closest I've gotten is 100-34ish and that was just a complete slaughter already. It's literally the only thing in-game I don't have done other than the Base Command stuff.

How many extra days in the beta does the pre-order-thing gets you? I also think you'll get the full game prior the non-pre-order-dudes?

I always get multiplayer games digital nowdays since I switch pretty often between all of them.

Can you complete these challenges in private matches?

MrDaravon

How many extra days in the beta does the pre-order-thing gets you? I also think you'll get the full game prior the non-pre-order-dudes?

I always get multiplayer games digital nowdays since I switch pretty often between all of them.

Can you complete these challenges in private matches?

I don't think we know how much earlier the beta access is, but yeah the full game unlocks 3 days (?) early if you have the Deluxe Edition pre-ordered which I did.

I don't think you can get accomplishments done in Private Matches, I feel like if you could I wouldn't see the crazy amount of complaining about Blast Master and 10 Hero Hunt wins everywhere if that worked.

Ozorov

I don't think we know how much earlier the beta access is, but yeah the full game unlocks 3 days (?) early if you have the Deluxe Edition pre-ordered which I did.

I don't think you can get accomplishments done in Private Matches, I feel like if you could I wouldn't see the crazy amount of complaining about Blast Master and 10 Hero Hunt wins everywhere if that worked.

3-days, I need to pre-order.

MrDaravon

Blast Master is beyond me, no idea how to get this. I've been fucking wrecking people like this for hours, all but 3 matches going at least 25 kills and less than 5 deaths. I went three matches with over 30 kills and 0 deaths in a row, yet 100-54 is the best score I've seen, and you need to get 100-25? What the fuck. I don't even get how this is possible. The "team rebalancing" isn't helping since it just winds up saddling me with all the shit people from the last game I beat so I'm not really getting anywhere. This sucks.

0XX8a3b.png

Palpable

Blast Master is beyond me, no idea how to get this. I've been fucking wrecking people like this for hours, all but 3 matches going at least 25 kills and less than 5 deaths. I went three matches with over 30 kills and 0 deaths in a row, yet 100-54 is the best score I've seen, and you need to get 100-25? What the fuck. I don't even get how this is possible. The "team rebalancing" isn't helping since it just winds up saddling me with all the shit people from the last game I beat so I'm not really getting anywhere. This sucks.

0XX8a3b.png

The timer has to run out for you to get the trophy. One team cannot make it to 100 kills.

MrDaravon

The timer has to run out for you to get the trophy. One team cannot make it to 100 kills.

What? For Blast Master? That makes no sense and is the opposite of what people who have gotten it say (a common problem is that teams who are good enough to get it can't hit 100 kills before the match ends due to lack of people on the other team).

Quick question. If I buy the Ultimate Edition, but already own the game (have extensive time on it) would that give me access to the DLC? Or would I still have to purchase the Season Pass?

Palpable

What? For Blast Master? That makes no sense and is the opposite of what people who have gotten it say (a common problem is that teams who are good enough to get it can't hit 100 kills before the match ends due to lack of people on the other team).

Well it's how I got it.

Ozorov

EAStarWars‏Verified account @EAStarWars 16h16 hours ago

Head back into the fight. Double XP is coming to #StarWarsBattlefront from July 13-16

MrDaravon

I goddamn hate it when you lose matches in certain modes like Supremacy because the other team has a hero up (or up multiple times in a row) and your team never has one up. Just lost a close match because their team got Luke up 3 times in a row while we didn't have a single hero for 90% of the match. Got to the point where me and my friend scoured the entire map like 5 times trying to find the token and nothing. This happens like two to three times a night when we play and it's super frustrating.

Can't goddamn wait for Battlefront 2 for that to likely be a gone problem.

Ozorov

I goddamn hate it when you lose matches in certain modes like Supremacy because the other team has a hero up (or up multiple times in a row) and your team never has one up. Just lost a close match because their team got Luke up 3 times in a row while we didn't have a single hero for 90% of the match. Got to the point where me and my friend scoured the entire map like 5 times trying to find the token and nothing. This happens like two to three times a night when we play and it's super frustrating.

Can't goddamn wait for Battlefront 2 for that to likely be a gone problem.
Battlefront 2. The real hero (hopefully)

MrDaravon

I hope it's good and for what it's worth I don't think it's going to be awful or anything, but campaign is not what I'm coming to Battlefront for in the slightest.

Ozorov

I hope it's good and for what it's worth I don't think it's going to be awful or anything, but campaign is not what I'm coming to Battlefront for in the slightest.

Yeah me neither. It should be okey-isch like the Battlefields story modes I guess. Is the PC-alpha still running?

Ozorov

What in particular makes you feel this way? I'm genuinely curious because I am quite excited for the story mode.

I don't think the arcadey-shooting style will fit in a single player-mode, if they don't add some cover mechanics and change some stuff up. I'm sure it will be a cool story etc but I'm not convinced on how it will play.

That and they haven't shown any gameplay from it yet, other than some 3 second snippet from that behind the scenes stuff.

But I'm glad this has a real story mode.

Lagamorph

Is Hoth the only map in rotation anymore? It bloody well feels that way.
Every time I try to play a game in the last few weeks it's always on Hoth and I hate that map.

MrDaravon

Is Hoth the only map in rotation anymore? It bloody well feels that way.
Every time I try to play a game in the last few weeks it's always on Hoth and I hate that map.

I've never had any problems that I can recall with map rotation. What mode are you playing though?

MrDaravon

Weird, whenever I spend an extended period of time in a playlist I've never noticed it not going through all the maps in order or getting repeats before a missing one came up. No idea. I mean obviously if you're just hopping in and out or not playing for very long it's gonna be luck of the draw. You can choose a specific map in any playlist so that might help, but I don't know what the order is in playlists. In theory I guess you could specifically choose to load in on the Hoth map since you'll get a match in progress then once it's over you shouldn't get it again until you've cycled through all of the rest.

Ozorov

Weird, whenever I spend an extended period of time in a playlist I've never noticed it not going through all the maps in order or getting repeats before a missing one came up. No idea. I mean obviously if you're just hopping in and out or not playing for very long it's gonna be luck of the draw. You can choose a specific map in any playlist so that might help, but I don't know what the order is in playlists. In theory I guess you could specifically choose to load in on the Hoth map since you'll get a match in progress then once it's over you shouldn't get it again until you've cycled through all of the rest.

Yeah never happen to me either. But don't forget we play each map two times in a row nowdays. One for each side, that wasn't that case in the beginning of the game. So now it takes double the time to go through a full map cycle.

Nemic77

How is the PC player base these days?

Ultimate Edition is 9€ on the origin store and was thinking of double dipping to tie me over until Battlefront 2 is released.

I had heard that the community is dead, but was hoping it's a slight exaggeration... I'm in Europe, by the way.

Ozorov

How is the PC player base these days?

Ultimate Edition is 9€ on the origin store and was thinking of double dipping to tie me over until Battlefront 2 is released.

I had heard that the community is dead, but was hoping it's a slight exaggeration... I'm in Europe, by the way.

Usually you can see the player count here: http://swbstats.com/

I guess you'll be able to find games in the most popular modes.

FN-2187

Started playing this again after a few months off. Still so much fun.

One thing I REALLY hope they improve with Battlefront 2 are the load times. They are so painfully long. It seems to be an issue in a lot of EA games. NHL, Madden and Battlefield 1 all have super long load times.

LoveCake

I got a code for the BETA today, I put it in my PSN and it said that it redeemed it, but where is it? when it is out? I want to play it now!

Top Bottom