• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront trailer coming April 17 at 10:30am PT [Up: Teaser Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they were making the original film Lucas and co. didn't have the time or money to get anything better really. If I remember correctly one of the first scenes they filmed with the Rebels was the celebration scene at the end and they just needed a shitload of matching uniforms and fast. Plus, Lucas liked the fact that the uniforms weren't overly eye-catching. He didn't want things taking people out of the film.
Didn't know that. Also,I love your avatar lol.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ugh teaser image makes it look like the Storm Trooper is holding a P90 or something.

Bro do you even Star Wars?

100055_press04-001.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

BF4? what's so "terrible" about it? it's pretty great now since they fixed the netcode.

No one but EA is to blame for the starting problems Battlefield 4 had, they just wanted to rush the game out so they can compete with Call of Duty.

Not really fair to blame it on the very talented people at DICE who did everything to fix the game even after months of fixes and patches they still work on stuff to make the game better.

Yoday

Something tells me that perhaps MS have picked up the BF advertising deal.

The SW 360
The exclusive SW DLC for Minecraft
The exclusive bonuses for getting SW digitally on the Xbox platforms.

Those are just the few of the deals done, but I can't remember if anyone had a partnership with the force unleashed games.
None of that really matters. Battlefront is going to be a huge deal for EA, as this is the first game in the EA driven revival of Star Wars games. I have a really hard time believing EA would partner with a company that is going to be marketing the hell out of Battlefronts two biggest competitors, COD and Halo. I will be absolutely shocked if this isn't a huge push for Sony this year close to the scale of Destiny.

Didn't Sony get advertising rights for Hardline? They had the beta at least which allowed me to find out first hand how shit it was going to be. Either way it all depends on when this deal was made, if within the last year or so then Sony would be an easy choice with how well PS4 is doing WW. If it was part of the EA PvZ, BF4, FIFA etc bundle then yeah MS rights.

They got the beta first, but that's about it. I don't think that they really went in on co-marketing. At least I didn't see any. I guess we'll see soon enough. The fact that Greenberg posted that tweet above makes me think that it's a Xbox deal. Unless he's just jumping out in front with that before the Sony marketing deal is announced.

Eh we can't really be sure what he's actually talking about. Reveal trailer? behind closed doors gameplay footage? teaser image?

Heres the collective.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/04/14/sta...eplay-footage-video-will-break-internet-dice/

its incredibly obvious

dice has a history of lying and demoing fake shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBSbxjkLXuU
what dice claims is fully ingame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-M32qUGPXM&t=17m34s
what dice actually delivered

Oh trust me I know. I thought I was going to love Battlefield 3 and 4, I played them for a month or so then shelved. Nothing can bring back my love of Battlefield 2 and Bad Company 2 it seems.

Sidenote: Does anyone know if SWBF will have bots / and or a singeplayer campaign (even if its just bots a'la Battlefield 2 / 1942) ?

Sidenote: Does anyone know if SWBF will have bots / and or a singeplayer campaign (even if its just bots a'la Battlefield 2 / 1942) ?

They haven't confirmed anything but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a campaign. Bots are less likely but they might do some kind of Galactic Conquest mode like the originals.

Boke1879

They got the beta first, but that's about it. I don't think that they really went in on co-marketing. At least I didn't see any. I guess we'll see soon enough. The fact that Greenberg posted that tweet above makes me think that it's a Xbox deal. Unless he's just jumping out in front with that before the Sony marketing deal is announced.

All Greenberg is saying is that it'll be playable on X1 first right? Which is true due to EA access. I highly doubt they got some exclusivity on the game and people in the know here have repeatedly stated PS4 marketing for Battlefront. Unless things changed.

EA Access is a big push towards games becoming a service rather than a product. I am vehemently opposed to the idea of games as a service and I can't believe that anyone would willingly contribute to it.

So of course I am irked when a game I've waited 10 years for gets to be played a week early only by people who support games as a service.

Still, I am happy that Sony said no to EA Access.

EA Access is a big push towards games becoming a service rather than a product. I am vehemently opposed to the idea of games as a service and I can't believe that anyone would willingly contribute to it.

So of course I am irked when a game I've waited 10 years for gets to be played a week early only by people who support games as a service.

In the same respect though, an this is from someone who is pro-Sony, theres nothing to say they might not do the same thing when Playstation Now takes off. Offering exclusive incentives for playing the game through their streaming service. I am very anti-"games as a service" as well as online only titles because im a collector. I like to be able to go back an play games 5, 10 years down the road. I still pick up Dragon Quest VIII and Final Fantasy VII time after time because theyre that good. Hopefully SWBF turns out that way too, but if track record has shown us anything in recent years, its best to remain skeptical.

can you imagine how bad it would have been if DRM was actually praised and accepted the way EA access is? EA access is a huge win for EA because they are racking up passive cash from the sub and then getting follow up cash from the game purchases.

DavidDesu

I have completely ignored this up until now but I hear rustling that gameplay footage will look extraordinary, and hey it's old school Star Wars... Never played these games before, what are they, like Battlefield but with Star Wars. Predominantly a FPS but with vehicle stuff too..? Solely online multiplayer or will it have a campaign?

I remember just how authentic the GameCube X Wing games were and nothing has come close or tried since, fingers crossed this will satisfy my soon be to be massive Star Wars hunger come Xmas time. Along with the new film. THE NEW FILM THAT DOESNT LOOK LIKE A PIECE OF EMBARASSING SELL OUT SHIT! :D

The game has been in development since May 2013.

The game is PS4, Xbone, and PC only.

Information learned from Battlefield 4 CTE will likely apply to SWBF.

The timing for gameplay reveal is consistent with past DICE titles.

Star Wars Battlefront is Battlefield. It always has been.

There is no reason to assume they won't target 60fps over resolution.

You are kidding yourself if you think there won't be a Premium service.

This sums up my posts in the last dozen SWBF threads where people jump to assumptions or make untrue claims/statements.
This is one game where not buying premium will never cross my mind.

I want this game and everything it has inside me and all over my face.

1872944_o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom