• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront trailer coming April 17 at 10:30am PT [Up: Teaser Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wavebossa

I hope just hope all of the award weapons are actually BETTER than the default ones (if they keep this system)

I'm looking at you, Beam Sniper Rifle :(

Ammogeddon

Can someone enlighten me as to what this guy is on about?

https://mobile.twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/587781284388155392

Is he just being a marketing dick?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
As long as people don't expect pure Battlefront 3 and instead DICE's Battlefront I think we'll all be happy.

Personally I'm super fucking excited. Battlefield 4 burned some bridges, disaster launch, but the game quality is top notch and a noticeable step up in design over Battlefield 3. It plays well, and I still think despite being cross generation it's one of if not the nicest looking multiplayer games out there. A solid 64 player Battlefield 4 match is glorious fun, in play and presentation.

That this is:
- Star Wars, so lots of fucking lasers and mechs and space shit
- PC/PS4/Xbone, unshackled by the gross RAM/CPU/GPU limitations of last generation

Makes me a bit giddy.

I hope the different classes have different patterns of armour (E.g. The proper Shock Trooper armour) rather than being just the usual Stormtroopers and Scout troopers with slight variations. It would be nice if they use the already established designs but considering that's likely Aquatic trooper armour but it's not very similar to the versions which have been seen before, that might not be exactly the case.

vypek

I hope just hope all of the award weapons are actually BETTER than the default ones (if they keep this system)

I'm looking at you, Beam Sniper Rifle :(

The sniper rifle and the rocket launcher are the only ones I remember disliking. Well...steering the rocket across a map was cool sometimes. But award rifle and award pistol were great for me. :)

As long as people don't expect pure Battlefront 3 and instead DICE's Battlefront I think we'll all be happy.

Personally I'm super fucking excited. Battlefield 4 burned some bridges, disaster launch, but the game quality is top notch and a noticeable step up in design over Battlefield 3. It plays well, and I still think despite being cross generation it's one of if not the nicest looking multiplayer games out there. A solid 64 player Battlefield 4 match is glorious fun, in play and presentation.

That this is:
- PC/PS4/Xbone, unshackled by the gross RAM/CPU/GPU limitations of last generation

Makes me a bit giddy.

Yep pretty excited. I hope they do make some improvements to the netcode. As somebody who has dumped 100+ hours into BF4 and still continues to play it on the regular, there are still odd-ball moments where the hit detection just seems to go out the window for no apparent reason. Momentary lag spikes possibly.

Just last night I shot a soldier with a tank round that landed probably 6" away from his feet and took no damage at all. I know tank rounds do shit for splash damage but he should have taken at least some damage.

Or on rare occasions headshot damage doesnt match what you are seeing on screen. (i.e. blood spurts coming from shooting someone in the head but they dont take headshot level damage.)

1838297-272px_swamptrooper1b.jpg

Horizontal backpack lines and tubing line up....I was sort of joking at first...now I'm not sure..

They mentioned Water maps, so it could be a Seatrooper. The tube and the backpack are the only thing that resembles that armour or the other one seen on the wiki and the DLT-19 doesn't make much sense with it, though.

Gravidee

Those tubes could also be meant for space battle in addition to underwater. If you recall, in ANH, the stormtroopers outside of the Death Star wore breathing apparatuses in addition to their armor.

A_New_Hope-_Joe_Johnston_as_Spacetrooper.jpg

Eggbok

What are the chances that Microsoft would be marketing Halo 5, Black Ops III and Battlefront in the same time frame? That would be absolutely crazy.

Wavebossa

The sniper rifle and the rocket launcher are the only ones I remember disliking. Well...steering the rocket across a map was cool sometimes. But award rifle and award pistol were great for me. :)

Yeah, I just felt that they were inconsistent. Top to bottom comparison:

1. Award Pistol - Best non-hero weapon in the game. Just.. absolutely amazing.
2. Award Shotgun - Shotgun power with more range and accuracy, 1 shot kill.
3. Award Rifle - Pretty decent upgrade, iirc the bigger ammo capacity was my favorite thing about it.
4. Award Rocket Launcher - Not a fan, it functioned completely differently. Sometimes you dont want homing :(
5. Award Sniper Rifle - Less Range, Poor hit detection. You would usually put a laser through someones body and watch them shrug it off.

Boke1879

What are the chances that Microsoft would be marketing Halo 5, Black Ops III and Battlefront in the same time frame? That would be absolutely crazy.

It's possible but I would think Sony has BF marketing. If not they really dropped the ball there.

jelly

1838297-272px_swamptrooper1b.jpg

Horizontal backpack lines and tubing line up....I was sort of joking at first...now I'm not sure..

Could be the same idea with a more traditional helmet or a mix of the two designs. :)

They did have tubing...but it went to their chest piece didn't it? Could be a play off of that.

Your right, it was a box on their chest.

Space and Underwater troops would be cool but maybe it's just cosmetic or low atmosphere levels.

Can we destroy JarJar in is underwater home.

Gestault

That teaser image looks good, but pre-rendered imagery of LoD-0 assets aren't a great indicator of how a game looks in the end. After the Resolution/IQ limitations of the Battlefield games recently (on consoles), my expectations are tempered.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
If Ewoks and Tuskan Raiders are playable its over. GOTY.

Man yeah that would be awesome.... but let's not get too crazy here, i just think there wasn't enough development time to get all those things in the game (playable), especially for creatures like Tauntaun's.

EagleEyes

Don't forget that they have to market Rise of the Tomb Raider too lol. I think they have their plate full and thats why they won't have Battlefront marketing this holiday.

Man yeah that would be awesome.... but let's not get too crazy here, i just think there wasn't enough development time to get all those things in the game (playable), especially for creatures like Tauntaun's.

Hell, honestly, ill be happy with ATSTs and speeder bikes. I just hope they have something cool for dynamic events like a pit of the sarrlaac, a wompa, or something unique, funny, but Star Wars oriented.

vypek

Yeah, I just felt that they were inconsistent. Top to bottom comparison:

1. Award Pistol - Best non-hero weapon in the game. Just.. absolutely amazing.
2. Award Shotgun - Shotgun power with more range and accuracy, 1 shot kill.
3. Award Rifle - Pretty decent upgrade, iirc the bigger ammo capacity was my favorite thing about it.
4. Award Rocket Launcher - Not a fan, it functioned completely differently. Sometimes you dont want homing :(
5. Award Sniper Rifle - Less Range, Poor hit detection. You would usually put a laser through someones body and watch them shrug it off.

Good view of it. I remember I almost missed out on the award pistol until I saw my brother using it and I realized how amazing it was. I didn't use the award shotgun enough except when I was getting to legendary status with it. Pretty sure I just played instant action on Endor for this. I'm getting pretty excited about the game and hope the award weapons are good

MADGAME

Sorry guys I've never played Battlefield, can you fill me in on Battlepacks? Please tell me it isn't some sort of monetized implementation, pay-to-win, or pay-to-get-advantage model. Please.

Sorry guys I've never played Battlefield, can you fill me in on Battlepacks? Please tell me it isn't some sort of monetized implementation, pay-to-win, or pay-to-get-advantage model. Please.
Dunno why they trippin. Battlebacks can be earned in game to unlock camos and weapon attachments. There's the option to buy them wth real cash but no one ever does.

Simo

Battlepacks were packs you earned when reaching certain levels containing weapon upgrades, camo, emblems for Battlelog etc. For Battlefield 4 you were able to purchase packs as well.

You can buy them with real money or earn them through playing and leveling up (although that can take a while). You open them and get random items like camo, exp boosts, icons or attachments.

MADGAME

Dunno why they trippin. Battlebacks can be earned in game to unlock camos and weapon attachments. There's the option to buy them wth real cash but no one ever does.

Battlepacks were packs you earned when reaching certain levels containing weapon upgrades, camo, emblems for Battlelog etc. For Battlefield 4 you were able to purchase packs as well.

You can buy them with real money or earn them through playing (although that can take a while). You open them and get random items like camo, exp boosts, icons or attachments.

Got it, thanks guys!

Acinixys

Ive played BF4 for about 300 hours and have gotten easily 200 battlepacks

You get them when you level up and when you get enough kills with a weapon

RoKKeR

The only thing DICE/EA need to do in order to monetize this game post launch is allow for renting servers on consoles. People shell out for that and, depending on the server costs, is probably a good revenue stream for them. Not sure why Battlepacks have been designated the micro transaction of choice but their impact on the game is pretty negligible.

a916

The only thing DICE/EA need to do in order to monetize this game post launch is allow for renting servers on consoles. People shell out for that and, depending on the server costs, is probably a good revenue stream for them. Not sure why Battlepacks have been designated the micro transaction of choice but their impact on the game is pretty negligible.

I'd happily shell out for Episode 7 DLC...

Sanke__

Ive played BF4 for about 300 hours and have gotten easily 200 battlepacks

You get them when you level up and when you get enough kills with a weapon

Unfortunately they went in the wrong direction with hardline and made them harder to get with worse rewards

LastNac

That this is:

Makes me a bit giddy.

I just want 3rd person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom