• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2016 |OT| No Bothans died to bring us this information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsunamo

:(

3-4 years
It's gonna be a long wait :(
I like the Knights of Ren.

Jedi Bibliothek have a write-up of the comics panel that wasn't streamed. No new series' were announced but they hinted there might be news at SDCC. Not a whole lot of news but the next Star Wars arc is called The Last Flight of the Harbinger.
Well at least SDCC isn't too far off.
Yeah she's very smart and understands this stuff. Something as simple as describing Star Wars' tone as "breezy urgency" is right on the money.
I always love listening to/reading about Amy and her writing style. She really gets what makes Star Wars Star Wars. If nothing else it'll be a great story (which is also part of the reason I love Star Wars games, even if they're not that great gameplay wise they add-on something story wise to part of a larger universe)
I'm in a queue riiiiight in front of the doors.
image.php

DKHF

The Force Awakens title was announced 13 months before release and episode VIII is 17 months away now so it would be a bit earlier to announce it today. But the film has finished/is about to finish shooting so they should definitely be able to announce it now. I think they will.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Will anything at all be streaming today?

Sunday, July 17

10:00 a.m. BST / 5:00 a.m. EDT / 2:00 a.m. PDT
Star Wars Show Live! – Sunday Preview, Tiya Sircar

10:15 a.m. BST / 5:15 a.m. EDT / 2:15 a.m. PDT
2016 Star Wars Fan Film Awards Ceremony

11:00 a.m. BST / 6:00 a.m. EDT / 3:00 a.m. PDT
Carrie Fisher: The Princess Diaries

12:00 p.m. BST / 7:00 a.m. EDT / 4:00 a.m. PDT
Lucasfilm: The Art of Storytelling

1:00 p.m. BST / 8:00 a.m. EDT / 5:00 a.m. PDT
Ray Park Unleashed

4:00 p.m. BST / 11:00 a.m. EDT / 8:00 a.m. PDT
Closing Ceremony

from the STAR WARS CELEBRATION EUROPE 2016 LIVE STREAM SCHEDULE

Erevador

Watching these streams, this Andi girl is so competent. She is a really excellent host and interviewer. She just seems comfortable and informed.

Erevador

They are always like that with her. Lol
A psychodrama is currently unfolding between her little dog and Warwick Davis, who are clearly mortal enemies, and probably a fair match in a cage fight. As is often true with Carrie, you aren't sure whether an interview is what's needed or an intervention.

Blue Lou

Hard to believe we could be getting the title in a few hours.

Is that a joke or not? I can't decide. On the one hand, it's just a title of a film coming out next year, on the other, it's probably very important to hardcore fans and something they'd look forward to.

I'll give it to David Collins (the moderator). He's a pro. He was an Audio Lead at Lucasarts (and voice of the robot on Star Wars: The Force Unleashed games).

If it were me, "i'd be, yeah please talk about videogames when you shut down Lucasarts, you cunts."

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I'll give it to David Collins (the moderator). He's a pro. He was an Audio Lead at Lucasarts (and voice of the robot on Star Wars: The Force Unleashed games).

If it were me, "i'd be, yeah please talk about videogames when you shut down Lucasarts, you cunts."

He does one of the best podcasts I know called "Star Wars Oxygen" on rebel force radio, where he has gone through and continues to go through every star wars film and track and deconstruct them, if you only check out one check out his post tfa ones where he goes into his thoughts on what the themes mean going forward, incredible stuff.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Why wouldn't they want to stream the Future Filmmakers panel anyway?

The prevailing thought was they are going to show concept stuff that isnt the finished article and people will run the stuff as though it was finalised, it allows them some flexibility to show things that might change.

Zereta

Got the stream on now after that Star Wars Facebook post. What if, guys? What if they decided to stream it? WHAT IF.

What if they decided to stream it and a possible episode VIII teaser is only shown to the audience? What if?

WHAT IF?

8FxEa.gif

Blader

On the one hand, I could see them waiting a while longer before revealing the VIII title, so as not to overshadow the Rogue One hype. On the other hand, that didn't stop them from revealing the Rogue One title before TFA (but back on the first hand, it's not like the RO announcement was going to overshadow Episode fucking VII anyway).

So, who knows! Guess we'll find out soon.

DKHF

Maybe someone will Periscope the panel. Last year I saw a bit of WB/DC's hall H panel watching someone Periscope it but you have to be pretty crazy to do that and risk getting thrown out so I doubt it.

Tsunamo

Mr Cola

Films that influenced Rain making ep 8

12 O'Clock High, Letter Never Sent, Bridge on the River Kwai...Three Outlaw Samurai

Episode VIII begins the moment The Force Awakens ends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom