• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping they announce where next Celebration is today. Dunno if they will but I'm ready to start making plans already lol

Especially based on this experience. The site says we can only bring chairs that fold up and can fit in a small bag? LOL! Don't have to bring a jacket as we're in Orlando and it'll be a fine temperature in the queue line? LOL!

Since there isn't a Celebration in 2018 would they really announce two years beforehand?

For what? More Trashma?

She can hang out with Boba Fett in the corner of "all armor, no humanity".

You think Darth Vader is a good comic slow your authoritative roll there buddy.

Ridisc

Banned
I do have this lingering feeling that the first wave of reviews could very much be "I dont get it" or "This isnt what i expected". Its a reach of course but a film that is very diffierent will take time for people to get their heads around, and the fact its a middle chapter and will end on notes that arent sewn up, will add to the confusion of it all.

Big leap from me here of course, I am just so intrigued to see what risks are being taken.

Since there isn't a Celebration in 2018 would they really announce two years beforehand?

Just where it will be, perhaps. They may not yet.

^^yeah same, I loved the trip despite all the BS that is just part of convention territory, like I knew it'd be miserable for long stretches but the things that happened were SO awesome. My only regret is only going for two days, but a person that came with us was only able to go for those two days. But next time I think we're going to go for the entire time and only worry about the Episode IX panel and just be more involved with smaller panels and seeing more things.

I watched the Collider Schmoedown and it looked like a lot of fun, I regret not being at things like that for example.

Real Hero

I do have this lingering feeling that the first wave of reviews could very much be "I dont get it" or "This isnt what i expected". Its a reach of course but a film that is very diffierent will take time for people to get their heads around, and the fact its a middle chapter and will end on notes that arent sewn up, will add to the confusion of it all.

Big leap from me here of course, I am just so intrigued to see what risks are being taken.

I think from actual critics it will be received better than TFA but from nerd youtubers it is up in the air. I can see a slower pace just not been 'awesometacular' enough

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Alden Ehrenreich is hiding under Warwick's desk.

[edit]

I kinda wish they'd push Han Solo to December just so there could be another Celebration next year. Kinda.

TheXbox

Alden Ehrenreich is hiding under Warwick's desk.

[edit]

I kinda wish they'd push Han Solo to December just so there could be another Celebration next year. Kinda.
Is that really a requirement? Didn't the first three Celebrations coincide with Ep. I-III?

Yeah, definitely going to miss it next year.

This year's event definitely missed Carrie - especially when all the old cast attended the 40th anniversary panel - but the tribute to her there and at Mark's panel were perfect.

A lot to get excited about as well. The Last Jedi looks excellent, Rebels seems to be finishing on a high and Battlefront 2 looks promising.

Just got home. Was curious and check in on the stream.

"...wherever it may be"
*audience groans*

Well, that was literally the only thing I wanted to know and I tuned in at the right time lol. Hope it comes back to Anaheim soon. I imagine it'll be back when Star Wars land opens.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Not a bad Celebration, I guess...one lack of a very specific announcement non-withstanding.

tenor.gif

I mean we missed:

All the other Star Wars games
No LEGO Star Wars game announcement
No real LEGO toy announcements
(Felt like the toy annoucements we did have were small)
Name of Han Solo movie: At least a cast wave-at-audience/drive-by
No tease of 3rd Story movie
Nothing on the Future of the Force

Am I missing anything?

No new Comics and books despite a movie and a game tie in

No new comics wasn't really a surprise as Vader was only announced recently and we already have Star Wars, Poe and Aphra as ongoing series'. When Maul's finished, Phasma will take its place as the mini-series.

There were quite a few new book announcements as well. Most importantly, another Claudia Gray book.

Is it weird they didn't announce a novelisation for TLJ?

Or is it generally assumed it will have one?

It's a bit surprising come to think of it. Pretty sure it was announced with the other 'Journey to The Force Awakens' books last time around. Maybe they haven't got an author yet and want to wait until then. I'd be fine with Alan Dean Foster doing it again. I enjoyed his novelization for TFA.

No new comics wasn't really a surprise as Vader was only announced recently and we already have Star Wars, Poe and Aphra as ongoing series'. When Maul's finished, Phasma will take its place as the mini-series.

There were quite a few new book announcements as well. Most importantly, another Claudia Gray book.

I'm kinda bummed that the Leia book isn't Del Rey. Any of them really cause it kills the uniformity of the hardcover editions, but Leia especially seems like it should have been one. Put it next to Tarkin so she can smell him.

Ridisc

Banned
Celebration certainly felt, less grand than I expected but that might be my fault more than anything for expecting too much. It was a solid show, I didnt come out of it more or less excited for TLJ really, very intrigued by the next time they show it though, want to get a handle on the tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom