• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Everything is still possible. Right?

I mean, Kathleen is talking about more main-movies instead of spin-offs... thats how I read it anyway

We must face facts, fellow Kenobi-fan. Although it may be hard to accept the cold, hard truth of the matter...it seems we shall not get our spin-off announcement this day.

But perhaps, in time, there shall be another...

H5IswMQ.jpg

I'm honestly surprised we didn't get a title reveal for Han Solo's movie and a panel with the cast.

I think this might be the thing at the Closing Ceremonies you wanna hold out faint hope for, if you still have any faint hope left to hold.

I mean, it's gonna get smacked out of your hand like a toy you're not supposed to be holding, yeah. But if there's anything left for you to hope for, it might be that.

So the OOT on Blu-ray can still be announced today right?

Right?

Nope

We didn't learn our lesson from the prequels a Star Wars story

Or

Younger versions of beloved characters, what could go wrong, right?... a Star Wars story.

Boke1879

Even all that in paper and it still seems like a really dumb idea.

I'm not crazy in thinking this is the "riskiest" movie so far am I?

Like everything about about the casting to the people behind this movie tells me it's going to be good and personally I'm not worried.

But how are people going to react to someone else playing Han? Are people going to take to whatever story is told even if it's executed well?

Or are people already so jaded about this movie that none of this matters?

Glover as Lando is going to move tickets. A lot of em.

A buddy-comedy from Lord & Miller with Han & Lando & Chewie on the Millennium Falcon is going to get people amped. It's just a matter of how it gets sold.

I'm betting they sell it well.

Boke1879

Glover as Lando is going to move tickets. A lot of em.

A buddy-comedy from Lord & Miller with Han & Lando & Chewie on the Millennium Falcon is going to get people amped. It's just a matter of how it gets sold.

I'm betting they sell it well.

Glover straight up is the main reason I'm going to see this day one and probably again that same weekend if it's good.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
My worries about this movie are that I think that they going to show to many things. People want to see the Kessel Run, they want to see Han getting the Falcon, they want to see how he meet Chewbacca. And now they are also going to show how he got his name (wtf?)

I don't even care how good the movie is (it won't be great), I'm never gonna get over the fact that nobody but Ford should ever play Solo in live action. Especially when it's not even really a big age difference. As much of a collective grown it will probably produce, I would honestly rather see kid Solo ala Boba. Not that I want that either, but it's easier to swallow or hand wave. Even Ewan was tolerable despite being too young. A 20s Solo that looks nothing like a 30s solo? That's just stupid.

Should have just been animation. Making it live action is so unnessisary.

Toa TAK

Banned
I don't even care how good the movie is (it won't be great), I'm never gonna get over the fact that nobody but Ford should ever play Solo in live action. Especially when it's not even really a big age difference. As much of a collective grown it will probably produce, I would honestly rather see kid Solo ala Boba. Not that I want that either, but it's easier to swallow or hand wave. Even Ewan was tolerable despite being too young. A 20s Solo that looks nothing like a 30s solo? That's just stupid.

Should have just been animation. Making it live action is so unnessisary.
What's yer wager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom