• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C9LOiZSXUAAaPk9.jpg:large

Of course.
I didn't think they'd actually do it.

The nerd in me is praying that they tweaked the clone trooper armour so they look like they can actually be worn by human beings.

Wait is Rey using a lightstaff :O ? Is that a spoiler ??

It's weird. It could still be a singular blade, but the way she's holding it... you don't really hold singular blades angled down like that as far as I know, not with lightsabers anyway. But it's a promo image from an EA/DICE game so there's nothing really to look into right now :p

I'm just so happy we get to battle it out across all eras in all those magnificent locations with the plethora of heroes.... Oh my lanta. Also Rey's saber is definitely just the Anakin/Luke single blade. As much as I want her to have a double blade. I don't see it.

BTM

Game probably comes out before TLJ so I doubt there'd be any spoilers in it. Will probably just use TFA stuff for Rey/Ren initially.

-griffy-

Banned
Rey is holding her saber normally, with the blade pointing down. Both hands facing the same direction towards the end. You guys are crazy.

Kalentan

I'm sorry but that's an incredibly stupid idea.

Please don't do it I love the Prequel Trilogy...

They're not going to. It comes from a side of the fandom that's stuck in the past. Probably has cross over with people who want the old EU back.

It's true, Lucasfilm has given a decent amount of the focus to the OT, but they've also given us a fair bit of PT stuff from Clone Wars stuff in Rebels, comics, novels, and so on.

Some people just can't get over their hatred. Despite that, the majority, the vast majority, are all in. They enjoy all of Star Wars. Some parts more than others, yet everyone knows that PT or OT, it's Star Wars. End of.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The best thing that could be announced at Celebration is that they're actually going to make Rebels good.

DavidDesu

*looks around*

Guys, I kinda wish they'd re-make the prequels. Don't tell anyone.

Yep me too. I know it's highly unlikely but if Star Wars carries on making pretty decent quality films they're going to stick out like a sore thumb. They were horrible. The Phantom Menace was actually ok compared with the abominations of AOTC and ROTS. The quality of everything was so low, script, story, acting (even though the talent they had was significant), and the over use of CGI when they just couldn't quite pull it off so now they look awfully dated in a lot of scenes...

Yeah there's scope to remake the prequels and do them and the story justice, and just make Anakin more likeable, make his relationship ship with Padme and Obi Wan actually feel real, and make his downfall way more tragic, as it should have been. And please make his downfall actually make sense. As it is he's just a whiny creep who gets so easily manipulated by the obvious cartoon villain (slaughtering a literal room full of kids just felt ridiculous, in no way was that earned, in no way does Anakin's "the Jedi are evil" line ring remotely true. It would have been nice if they'd actually given that line some credence, but nope Anakin is just mental in a really silly way.

ANYWAY... I don't hate the prequels, I'm happy for them to be included in this. There's cool locations and characters I want to see. I just found the movies to be the biggest disappointment in terms of what they brought to Star Wars, which was basically 'devaluing the brand' massively to long time fans.

SpaceWolf

Banned
C9LOiZSXUAAaPk9.jpg:large

Of course.

Yes! I'm really glad they're including prequel era stuff. The prequels may have made for great movies, but as a video game setting it can work really well. Beautiful, visually distinct planets....crazy characters....to see that era omitted in the original game was a serious bummer.

Jacce

Banned
Yep me too. I know it's highly unlikely but if Star Wars carries on making pretty decent quality films they're going to stick out like a sore thumb. They were horrible. The Phantom Menace was actually ok compared with the abominations of AOTC and ROTS. The quality of everything was so low, script, story, acting (even though the talent they had was significant), and the over use of CGI when they just couldn't quite pull it off so now they look awfully dated in a lot of scenes...

Yeah there's scope to remake the prequels and do them and the story justice, and just make Anakin more likeable, make his relationship ship with Padme and Obi Wan actually feel real, and make his downfall way more tragic, as it should have been. And please make his downfall actually make sense. As it is he's just a whiny creep who gets so easily manipulated by the obvious cartoon villain (slaughtering a literal room full of kids just felt ridiculous, in no way was that earned, in no way does Anakin's "the Jedi are evil" line ring remotely true. It would have been nice if they'd actually given that line some credence, but nope Anakin is just mental in a really silly way.

ANYWAY... I don't hate the prequels, I'm happy for them to be included in this. There's cool locations and characters I want to see. I just found the movies to be the biggest disappointment in terms of what they brought to Star Wars, which was basically 'devaluing the brand' massively to long time fans.
It is not happening. People need to drop this. It is a complete waste of time to even talk about.

1. Lucasfilm post-Disney sale said they George Lucas created canon of Episodes I-VI The Clone Wars are the unmovable foundation of all future Star Wars media and every piece of media has to adhere to them. When it comes to Lucasfilm and new Star Wars media the George Lucas created media is treated as gospel that everything else must respect and adhere to. The company he founded and whose leadership was almost entirely personally hired by him from Kathy Kennedy on down is not going to shitcan half his films. And they have made that very clear.

2. The Prequels are tied in far too deep into current canon media. The current TV series Rebels leans on plot lines and characters from the prequels. As do many of the novels. Rogue One brings back actors playing their prequel roles such as Jimmy Smitts as Bail. And the rumored Obi-Wan movie will have Ewan McGreggor if it is indeed coming. The new media is tied in to the prequels. You can't remake that after releasing films and tv shows directly tied to them with actors and characters.

It. Isn't. Ever. Going. To. Happen. The only way it happens if the entire franchise is completely rebooted and remade from scratch, OT, sequel trilogy, and all.

It is not happening. People need to drop this. It is a complete waste of time to even talk about.

1. Lucasfilm post-Disney sale said they George Lucas created canon of Episodes I-VI The Clone Wars are the unmovable foundation of all future Star Wars media and every piece of media has to adhere to them. When it comes to Lucasfilm and new Star Wars media the George Lucas created media is treated as gospel that everything else must respect and adhere to. The company he founded and whose leadership was almost entirely personally hired by him from Kathy Kennedy on down is not going to shitcan half his films. And they have made that very clear.

2. The Prequels are tied in far too deep into current canon media. The current TV series Rebels leans on plot lines and characters from the prequels. As do many of the novels. Rogue One brings back actors playing their prequel roles such as Jimmy Smitts as Bail. And the rumored Obi-Wan movie will have Ewan McGreggor if it is indeed coming. The new media is tied in to the prequels. You can't remake that after releasing films and tv shows directly tied to them with actors and characters.

It. Isn't. Ever. Going. To. Happen. The only way it happens if the entire franchise is completely rebooted and remade from scratch, OT, sequel trilogy, and all.

Wouldn't happen but Clone Wars remakes of the prequels could actually be amazing even if they closely followed the original.
Anakin in Episode 3 would be infinitely better and more tragic for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom